[ETS2 & ATS] Paint Job Packer - Lightweight mod making tool [Windows/macOS/Linux]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
magicko84

Re: [ETS2 & ATS] Paint Job Packer - Lightweight mod making tool [Windows/macOS/Linux]

#331 Post by magicko84 » 06 May 2023 07:55

Hi all, I downloaded version 10 which is on the official website, but Windows 10 Pro blocked my installation, considering it a virus.
Did other Windows also prevent installation?

Forget it. I just had to extract the .exe from the archive and install it. Usually when a program's exe I start it directly from the archive without extracting it. I don't know why Windows identified it as a threat, when I started the installation without extracting it first.
However the installation was successful.
Mysteries of Windows 10 Pro, which I will never understand.
My WoT Profile: https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/112204

My PC: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, AMD Ryzen 5 5600x, 2x8 16GB 3200 MHz DDR4, MSI RTX 3070 TI 8GB X TRIO, Corsair RM850x Watt 80 Plus Gold, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4
SerPounce

Re: [ETS2 & ATS] Paint Job Packer - Lightweight mod making tool [Windows/macOS/Linux]

#332 Post by SerPounce » 06 May 2023 13:10

CaptFingerpaint wrote: 01 May 2023 09:54
SerPounce wrote: 21 Apr 2023 14:22 Hello first of all if someone could point me a more appropriate topic, if there is one, I'd appreciate it. Secondly, @Carsmaniac thank you for this program. It is very easy to use and understand. My question is; I did my first ever skin, a Landstar paintjob for personal use. I used only decals (IFTA sticker, company logo, Omnitracks logo, "Fire extinguisher inside" sticker) and text (truck number, USDOT number etc.). How can I make my skin color unlocked? My truck color is white right now which I like it but I'd like to learn it in case I get bored of it or learn it for another skin. I watched a couple of tutorials but they mostly contain custom stripes, shapes, multiple color schemes etc. which my skin doesn't have any and they use Mods Studio 2 for their paintjob. Thanks in advance!
As I understand it, PJP doesn't do this and you'd have to use Mods Studio to build a skin that allows for colour changes.
Alright, thanks!
Carsmaniac

#333 Post by Carsmaniac » 17 May 2023 03:21

I've just released version 1.10.1 with support for the Gas Tank and Livestock trailers from 1.47, as well as the new MAN TGX. Confusingly it's just called "MAN TGX" in-game, and the old truck was renamed "MAN TGX Euro 5", so that's what they're called in PJP as well. You can download the new version here.

The templates checkbox will be greyed out unless you download the "Windows with included templates" version of the program, and at the moment you can't download the templates separately and add them in later. The whole downloading & updating system is pretty janky, and I'm working on a new one, sorry about that!
DAFmanXFE6

#334 Post by DAFmanXFE6 » 17 May 2023 05:41

Thanks very much for getting the update out so quickly
[ external image ][ external image ]

When in doubt... Ask m1keY!
LucasVanDerSpin

#335 Post by LucasVanDerSpin » 17 May 2023 07:33

Great news @Carsmaniac
Thank you very much. 🫡
I am asking for respect and understanding for everyone :roll:
Tuxinator

#336 Post by Tuxinator » 17 May 2023 15:51

Hello all,
THX @Carsmaniac for the quick Release of an actual Version and including the New M.A.N. Truck and the Trailers too.
You do great Work for the Community of virtuall Truckers, Thank you very much for that.
Currently :
1961,1 hours in ATS
2065,9 hours in ETS2
Oscworth

#337 Post by Oscworth » 17 May 2023 17:47

Thanks again @Carsmaniac

I have discovered a small issue with PJP with the new MAN. It isn't making the dds for the fender top template.
Am I correct or am I missing something?
Leving PT

#338 Post by Leving PT » 17 May 2023 21:30

@Carsmaniac Very good work my friend! "You are the Master!"
LucasVanDerSpin

#339 Post by LucasVanDerSpin » 24 May 2023 17:34

Hello @Carsmaniac ,

Another truck will be added tomorrow.
Volvo VNL (American Truck Simulator)
Can you add it to your wonderful program?
Please, add also two trailers to PJP.
Namely:
- Krone Profi Liner HD platform
- Krone Box Liner

I really want to be able to paint these trailers (Frame, Rear Bumper, Front Sideskirts etc) to create a Combo Skin.

Thank you in advance and best regards.
Lucas
Attachments
Volvo VNL.jpg
I am asking for respect and understanding for everyone :roll:
Carsmaniac

#340 Post by Carsmaniac » 25 May 2023 00:01

@LucasVanDerSpin Definitely! The Volvo is being unveiled at 2 am my time, so the update will take a little while, but I'll jump on it once I'm awake. From memory I left out those two Krone trailers because they weren't really paintable other than changing their colour, so it didn't really make sense to support them, but I'll have another look. If there are parts that could hold a logo, like the sideskirts, and they have half decent UV maps, then I'll add support for them.

Return to “Skins”