[ETS2 & ATS] Paint Job Packer - Lightweight mod making tool [Windows/macOS/Linux]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
DAFmanXFE6

Re: [ETS 2 & ATS] Paint Job Packer - Lightweight mod making tool [Windows/macOS/Linux]

#181 Post by DAFmanXFE6 » 22 Feb 2022 19:27

Forgive me if I'm being silly but is anyone else getting the International LT coming out wrong?

I have made sure I'm definitely choosing "Truck" > "International LT", I seem to have 2 errors;

1. When generating with templates they come out blank
2. When going down the files it comes up "International LT [Galimim]" which doesn't seem right as I am trying to paint the SCS truck.

I'm on version 1.19.1 and on windows
[ external image ][ external image ]

When in doubt... Ask m1keY!
jjengineeringsol

Re: [ETS 2 & ATS] Paint Job Packer - Lightweight mod making tool [Windows/macOS/Linux]

#182 Post by jjengineeringsol » 25 Feb 2022 19:30

Does anyone have a template I can have of the games version of the Ambient paint scheme for the trailers? I would like it to match as close as possible to the game and then just modify a few sections of the trailer. Thanks in advance.
Meijermk

#183 Post by Meijermk » 26 Feb 2022 21:54

Hey, I've been using Paint Job Packer for a while now and its work better than perfect until now. I just installed the new update to skin the Peterbilt 379x by Chief86. I've went through all the steps but I wont show up in game. I can select it in the mod manger but it will not show up where you chose your paint jobs. I've tried trouble shooting and now I've resulted to bothering you. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I belive the Paint Job Packer settings for the Cheif86's 379x is actually BigDaddy's
Flyboy01420

#184 Post by Flyboy01420 » 04 Mar 2022 16:56

Just installed and tried this excellent program, but I am getting an error. it says no Chassis Front (Left) - Painted Sideskirt (45 feet, 48 feet & 53 feet 4 axles).dds when clearly it is installed . any ideas please?
Flyboy01420

#185 Post by Flyboy01420 » 05 Mar 2022 10:49

Fixed. I realised that as the file name is the longest, that my path to the mod was too long, so I moved the mod folder to the desktop, and it all worked .....
klassieker

#186 Post by klassieker » 07 Mar 2022 20:00

Great program. Wish i found this earlier. One thing, it would be nice if you could skin the front and back seperate from the scs food tanker.
Carsmaniac

#187 Post by Carsmaniac » 09 Mar 2022 04:41

Thanks for your patience everyone! I'm busy with uni work, and it's my honours year (final year that's a big research project), so I don't have as much free time as before. I'm aware of two other bugs that people have run into (one of which I'm still not sure how to fix :/ ) and some wonderful volunteers have been working on translations over on Crowdin, so you can expect Danish, Dutch, Norwegian, Russian and Spanish translations in the next update. Thank you so much everyone who contributed! :)

@kevuk29 Yes! I'm planning on adding support for the F2000 in the next update

@DAFmanXFE6 Sorry about that, you've run into a known bug - I've fixed it, but haven't yet updated the program with the fix. The problem is the program was just looking up the truck by name and disregarding the author, and since Galimim comes before SCS alphabetically, it picked the wrong LT. A similar thing happened with the Scania R, with PJP mixing up the default (2016) Scania R and RJL/LoaderSaint's Scania R mod. It'll be fixed in the next version, sorry for the inconvenience!

@Meijermk You're running into the same problem as DAFmanXFE6, the program is picking BigDaddy's version regardless of which one you pick because it comes first alphabetically. It'll be fixed in version 1.9.2, sorry about that!

@jjengineeringsol Try extracting the game's base files using the SCS File Extractor. You should be able to find the right .dds file somewhere in the vehicle folder. You can look for the Ambient paint job's def file (in the same place as the def files generated by Paint Job Packer) which will list the exact path to the .dds you're looking for.

@Flyboy01420 I'm glad you got that issue sorted out, but I'll look into fixing it. Windows has some weird file length limits, and the downside of using nice-looking names like "Chassis Front (Left) - Painted Sideskirt (45 feet, 48 feet & 53 feet 4 axles)" is they're sometimes really long. I'll try and shorten some of the long ones, and build in a check for file length limits.

@klassieker That's probably a really good idea! I think I combined them because they use the same template, but yeah it makes sense to have them separate. I'll change that for the next version.
Flyboy01420

#188 Post by Flyboy01420 » 09 Mar 2022 15:58

Hi Carsmaniac, thanks for your response. I don't think that anything need to be done with this issue. Once the mod has been set up in a desktop folder, simply move it to where you want it to be. hopefully that's one item to fix off your list.
DAFmanXFE6

#189 Post by DAFmanXFE6 » 09 Mar 2022 19:21

Not rush on the fix! Thanks for coming back to us on it :)
[ external image ][ external image ]

When in doubt... Ask m1keY!
Barakuda

#190 Post by Barakuda » 15 Mar 2022 18:10

Hello. Can you help me? I did everything according to the instructions from your video, but when I open photoshop or paint .net, instead of a model, I have a small white square. Supplement with models, I downloaded. What could be the problem?

Return to “Skins”