[ETS2 & ATS] Paint Job Packer - Lightweight mod making tool [Windows/macOS/Linux]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
xander_scania

Re: [ETS 2 & ATS] Paint Job Packer - Lightweight mod making tool [Windows/macOS/Linux]

#191 Post by xander_scania » 16 Mar 2022 19:18

I have a problem with my paintjob packer because when I make the mod and I put it in ets2 my truck is fully pink. I have read that it’s could be a problem with I not being able to read the fill but I don’t know how to fix it
klassieker

Re: [ETS 2 & ATS] Paint Job Packer - Lightweight mod making tool [Windows/macOS/Linux]

#192 Post by klassieker » 20 Mar 2022 12:56

Small problem. When i select the scs box trailer in a pack than it does not create a file for the box trailer. Same with the krone profiliner. The other selected trucks and trailers don't give problems.
Carsmaniac

#193 Post by Carsmaniac » 23 Mar 2022 01:04

Hi everyone, I plan on releasing an update to Paint Job Packer with all the new languages, some bug fixes and support for the International 9900i tomorrow. For now, if you'd like to add support for the 9900i yourself, you can download the .ini file for it from here (click "Download ZIP" in the top right corner), and put it in your installation directory (Paint Job Packer/library/vehicles/ats), alongside all the other .ini files. I've also shared the templates in the template pack thread, for now you'll have to generate your paint jobs without templates, then manually resize the DDSes and drop the templates on top.

Note that support for more versions of macOS (including Monterey, the latest one) won't be included just yet, since it's surprisingly difficult to install three different copies of macOS on an external hard drive, so I don't have my testing environment set up yet. I'll continue testing on/building for Big Sur for now, as well as Windows 10/11, Ubuntu, Fedora and Manjaro. Support for Mojave and Monterey are coming... eventually :)

@Barakuda Either the copy with included templates wasn't installed, the "Use templates instead of empty placeholders" box wasn't ticked, or something went wrong with the file names. Whatever the case, just resize the white square image that it generates, changing it from 16x16 to 4096x4096 (or 2048x2048, or some other power of 2), then drop the corresponding PNG from my template pack on top. Let me know if you have any issues or need any more help.

@xander_scania Bright pink means that either the DDS file was moved or renamed, or your image's dimensions are not powers of two. If it's the former, make sure that you're saving over the files that Paint Job Packer generates without changing their names, or moving them around in the folders. If it's the latter, make sure that all of your DDS files' heights and widths are exact powers of two: 1024, 2048, 4096 etc. If you make a paint job that's 4000x4000, for example, you'll run into issues. If neither of those helps, let me know and I'll see if there's anything else I can help you with.

@klassieker So the SCS Box Trailer and Krone Profi Liner show up in Paint Job Packer, but when you select them as part of a paint job pack then their files don't generate? That's definitely an issue! Check both the def files (/def/vehicle/trailer_owned/scs.box or krone.profiliner/paint_job) and the vehicle files (/vehicle/trailer_owned/upgrade/paintjob/<paint job name>/SCS Box Trailer or Krone Profi Liner), do either of them generate at all? And the issue doesn't affect other trailers, for example the SCS Food Tank or Krone Dry Liner? If that's the case, I'm not sure what's gone wrong, and I'll need to do some digging to work out what's happened, let me know
Madkine
Global moderator

#194 Post by Madkine » 23 Mar 2022 03:00

Carsmaniac wrote: 23 Mar 2022 01:04 make sure that all of your DDS files' heights and widths are exact powers of two: 1024, 2048, 4096 etc. If you make a paint job that's 4000x4000, for example, you'll run into issues.
4000*4000 is a power of 2 (ie it's cleanly divisible by 2). The other numbers you quoted are powers of 8.
Normally all powers of 2 are fine.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Carsmaniac

#195 Post by Carsmaniac » 23 Mar 2022 05:06

@Madkine Minor terminology issue: 4000 is divisible by two, but it's not a power of two, e.g. 2x2x2x2x2x2x2x... however many times. 2048 is 2 to the power of 11, and 4096 is 2 to the power of 12. 4096 is also a power of 8 (8 to the power of 4), but 1024 and 2048 are not, though they're all divisible by 8.

If a DDS file's height or width is not a power of two (1024, 2048, 4096, 8192 etc, no numbers in between them will work) and it's saved with mipmaps, the texture will appear pink in-game, and you'll get this error in the console (this was with a 4000x4000 DDS). If you save a texture without mipmaps, then yes 4000x4000 will work, but afaik there are issues with non-mipmapped textures if you run the game using OpenGL, so it's best to always generate mipmaps, and as a result you should always stick to powers of two.

never trust an eels supporter go the bunnies :)
Madkine
Global moderator

#196 Post by Madkine » 23 Mar 2022 06:51

Thanks for the lesson, my bad.

And this week I say go Bunnies because Roosters (urgh).
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
klassieker

#197 Post by klassieker » 23 Mar 2022 18:29

@Carsmaniac The problem seems to be gone??? Just created a test skinpack icluding all scs trailers and three trucks. I checked the files you asked and all trailer are fine now. Thanks fore the respons anyway.
Are you planning on adding some more mod trucks?
klassieker

#198 Post by klassieker » 25 Mar 2022 14:35

@Carsmaniac , update. just crashed by creating a trailer skinpack. Problem seems to be the krone box. I send a crashrapport
Chaotic Control

#199 Post by Chaotic Control » 28 Mar 2022 13:44

Carsmaniac wrote: 01 Feb 2022 00:44 I've had a few crashes come in starting with "PermissionError: [Errno 13]". I'm aware of the issue, but haven't been able to work out what's causing it yet. I've opened an issue on GitHub to keep track of it, so if you're one of the people experiencing this crash keep an eye on that page, and look out for an update which will hopefully fix it :)
Hi, just to say, I first installed and used your program today and immediately got this error when trying to generate.
I sent a report through the program.
On my end I can't really think of anything that would cause issues. Hoping for a fix soon :D
Guinness

#200 Post by Guinness » 29 Mar 2022 21:17

Hello, I loaded the scs scania streamline bumper into paint.net but there is no template just a small white square. Just wanted to check if I'd done something wrong or missed some instructions.
Many thanks

Ignore me, just found the answer in a previous post.

Return to “Skins”