[ETS2 & ATS] Paint Job Packer - Lightweight mod making tool [Windows/macOS/Linux]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Maverick

Re: [ETS 2 & ATS] Paint Job Packer - Lightweight mod making tool [Windows/macOS/Linux]

#321 Post by Maverick » 14 Mar 2023 03:48

Hey All,

Does this also include creating skins that are selectable when picking a load?
Or are these just ownable trucks?
Carsmaniac

Re: [ETS 2 & ATS] Paint Job Packer - Lightweight mod making tool [Windows/macOS/Linux]

#322 Post by Carsmaniac » 14 Mar 2023 05:22

@Maverick PJP just supports paint jobs for ownable trucks and trailers, not AI traffic or freight market trailers. Check out Mods Studio 2, it lets you make those sorts of mods :)
Maverick

#323 Post by Maverick » 14 Mar 2023 06:58

Carsmaniac wrote: 14 Mar 2023 05:22 @Maverick PJP just supports paint jobs for ownable trucks and trailers, not AI traffic or freight market trailers. Check out Mods Studio 2, it lets you make those sorts of mods :)
Legend Thank you :)
Carsmaniac

Re: [ETS2 & ATS] Paint Job Packer - Lightweight mod making tool [Windows/macOS/Linux]

#324 Post by Carsmaniac » 17 Mar 2023 01:48

Hey everyone, I've got the new Gas Tank and Livestock trailers working in Paint Job Packer, but it seems like some of the accessories don't have proper UV mapping just yet, so some of the templates are a bit janky. I'll have another look at them later in the beta cycle or after full release, and add them to PJP then.

In the meantime, if you want to jump in to making paint jobs for them now, then you can get the ATS templates here, the ETS2 templates here, and the Paint Job Packer vehicle files here. Extract the vehicle files into your install location/library/vehicles, it should add 1 file to the ats folder and 2 files to the ets folder.

Let me know if anyone needs a hand with any of that, and otherwise keep an eye out for the next PJP update when the new trailers are a bit less beta-y :)
Bam Osbourne

Re: [ETS2 & ATS] Paint Job Packer - Lightweight mod making tool [Windows/macOS/Linux]

#325 Post by Bam Osbourne » 23 Mar 2023 03:28

Missing ETS2 Trucks on Paintjob Packer:

Hey guys, this program is amazing, i've had a lot of fun making simple skins and skinpacks, but i would like to ask if or will you guys add new ETS2 Trucks as next updates on Paintjob Packer?
I would like to make skins for New Iveco S-Way and MAN TGX 2020.
My current version is v1.10
Thank you guys, see you! =D
magicko84

#326 Post by magicko84 » 27 Mar 2023 21:21

Hi Carsmanic, I have a question for you. I used B.E.M. as a program to open the UVs I found in the vehicle folder, after extracting the Base file of both games. Now I wanted to do the same for the new trailers, especially the ETS2 livestock (too bad the ATS one can't be skinned), but I saw that BEM disappeared, I didn't find it on this forum and the official site is non-existent. How do you open the UV files to create the templates, unfortunately Blender is a bit difficult to use for me, is there an easy alternative to use? Thanks for all.
My WoT Profile: https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/112204

My PC: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, AMD Ryzen 5 5600x, 2x8 16GB 3200 MHz DDR4, MSI RTX 3070 TI 8GB X TRIO, Corsair RM850x Watt 80 Plus Gold, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4
Vibe-dominik

#327 Post by Vibe-dominik » 30 Mar 2023 17:31

Hello, I have a problem. I have downloaded the template file but cannot click on it in the program. How do I get that I can click on this?
Skerpiej

#328 Post by Skerpiej » 17 Apr 2023 10:55

I have same issue.
can't select "use template as placeholder"

cheers
SerPounce

#329 Post by SerPounce » 21 Apr 2023 14:22

Hello first of all if someone could point me a more appropriate topic, if there is one, I'd appreciate it. Secondly, @Carsmaniac thank you for this program. It is very easy to use and understand. My question is; I did my first ever skin, a Landstar paintjob for personal use. I used only decals (IFTA sticker, company logo, Omnitracks logo, "Fire extinguisher inside" sticker) and text (truck number, USDOT number etc.). How can I make my skin color unlocked? My truck color is white right now which I like it but I'd like to learn it in case I get bored of it or learn it for another skin. I watched a couple of tutorials but they mostly contain custom stripes, shapes, multiple color schemes etc. which my skin doesn't have any and they use Mods Studio 2 for their paintjob. Thanks in advance!
CaptFingerpaint

#330 Post by CaptFingerpaint » 01 May 2023 09:54

SerPounce wrote: 21 Apr 2023 14:22 Hello first of all if someone could point me a more appropriate topic, if there is one, I'd appreciate it. Secondly, @Carsmaniac thank you for this program. It is very easy to use and understand. My question is; I did my first ever skin, a Landstar paintjob for personal use. I used only decals (IFTA sticker, company logo, Omnitracks logo, "Fire extinguisher inside" sticker) and text (truck number, USDOT number etc.). How can I make my skin color unlocked? My truck color is white right now which I like it but I'd like to learn it in case I get bored of it or learn it for another skin. I watched a couple of tutorials but they mostly contain custom stripes, shapes, multiple color schemes etc. which my skin doesn't have any and they use Mods Studio 2 for their paintjob. Thanks in advance!
As I understand it, PJP doesn't do this and you'd have to use Mods Studio to build a skin that allows for colour changes.

Return to “Skins”