[ETS2 & ATS] Paint Job Packer - Lightweight mod making tool [Windows/macOS/Linux]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Oscworth

Re: [ETS 2 & ATS] Paint Job Packer - Lightweight mod making tool [Windows/macOS/Linux]

#311 Post by Oscworth » 02 Feb 2023 09:48

Thank you for the update.

My AVG didn't like it much though.
Tuxinator

Re: [ETS 2 & ATS] Paint Job Packer - Lightweight mod making tool [Windows/macOS/Linux]

#312 Post by Tuxinator » 02 Feb 2023 13:48

Thx Carsmaniac,
first of all I wish you a speedy recovery, had this stuff twice last year and hope that you are spared after-effects.
Thank you for your work and the new version.
I have found two errors in the wording and improved them immediately on Crowdin (for upcoming Version).
Many thanks for this uncomplicated software and also the addition of more vehicles and trailers.
Currently :
1961,1 hours in ATS
2065,9 hours in ETS2
DAFmanXFE6

#313 Post by DAFmanXFE6 » 02 Feb 2023 18:26

Thank you so so much @Carsmaniac, really appreciate the work you’ve put into this and the updates.
[ external image ][ external image ]

When in doubt... Ask m1keY!
Priboy

#314 Post by Priboy » 05 Feb 2023 11:35

Thanks for the update. Health and peace
Carsmaniac

#316 Post by Carsmaniac » 03 Mar 2023 12:46

If you're part of the r/Trucksim Discord server you might've seen a sneak peek of this update in #mod-showcase. I was planning on releasing it when the 1.47 betas started, but since we got a surprise W900 remodel, I guess it's coming out early!

Paint Job Packer v1.10
  • Added search boxes to filter vehicle support checkboxes by author or vehicle name
  • Added Traditional Chinese translation
  • Updated European Portuguese and German translations
  • Updated support for the Kenworth W900 in line with the 100th anniversary update
  • Fixed KeyError crash caused by a missing cabin template file
You can download Paint Job Packer here!

I'm also making progress on the full 2.0 rewrite, so that will come out... at some point :) You can follow its progress via the godot-rewrite branch of the GitHub repo if you're interested. Perfect timing for Godot 4.0 to finally hit full release!

Happy modding everyone! :)
crazyjoschixD

#318 Post by crazyjoschixD » 03 Mar 2023 19:52

Hey i saw that on the SCS trailer box double it does not use its own front texture, but instead the one of the SCS trailer box long.
Has anyone an idea how i can fix this?
Last edited by crazyjoschixD on 03 Mar 2023 19:58, edited 3 times in total.
Carsmaniac

#319 Post by Carsmaniac » 04 Mar 2023 12:38

Hey everyone, I've had a crash report come through (thank you for choosing to send them!) that starts with:

Code: Select all

KeyError: "There is no item named 'Cabin A (86-inch Studio Sleeper).dds' in the archive"
I can't recreate it in my own testing, and I thought I specifically fixed this bug as part of version 1.10. If you experience this crash, or any other "KeyError" crash, let me know so that I can get some more info about what's going wrong. Hopefully once I work out what's actually causing the crash, I can fix it and send out an update.

@crazyjoschixD Thanks for letting me know! The front door accesory was assigned to the wrong group, so it used the wrong texture. It'll be fixed in the next release, but if you'd like to fix it on your end in the meantime, you can download the new SCS Box Trailer file and replace it yourself. Go to PJP's install location (normally Program Files (x86)/Paint Job Packer), then go to library/vehicles/ets and replace "scs.box [SCS].ini" with the new version. Cheers!
crazyjoschixD

#320 Post by crazyjoschixD » 04 Mar 2023 18:22

@Carsmaniac thanks for the quick help, but sadly your solution didnt work for me.
Ill just wait for the update, its not a big problem anyways but still thank you a lot for the effort.

Return to “Skins”