Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

#3831 Post by flight50 » 16 Mar 2023 01:30

A J K 91 wrote: 15 Mar 2023 23:25 Whatever happens, I can't imagine SCS releasing Oklahoma, Texas 2.0 and California Phase 3 at the same time. Although I wouldn't mind. On the other hand I would find it odd if all 3 took longer than 1.48.
If it's ready, why not. No reason we can't get all that if the Bay area only needs to be polished since May of last year. Anything extra is a bonus. Once you've been around for awhile, you learn what's feasible though. California phase 3 will be more than a year since phase 2. Texas 2.0 didn't come with 1.47. It's not a lot they are doing plus it's already unpolished in the map editor. Texas 2.0 must come in order to get to Oklahoma. Typically unpolished content comes the next update. Texas 2.0 was actually found unpolished under 1.46. 1.48 will be 2 releases since Texas. Then obviously Oklahoma is the target.

You'll thank my optimism later, 😆.
A J K 91

#3832 Post by A J K 91 » 16 Mar 2023 02:11

flight50 wrote: 16 Mar 2023 01:30
A J K 91 wrote: 15 Mar 2023 23:25 Whatever happens, I can't imagine SCS releasing Oklahoma, Texas 2.0 and California Phase 3 at the same time. Although I wouldn't mind. On the other hand I would find it odd if all 3 took longer than 1.48.
If it's ready, why not. No reason we can't get all that if the Bay area only needs to be polished since May of last year. Anything extra is a bonus. Once you've been around for awhile, you learn what's feasible though. California phase 3 will be more than a year since phase 2. Texas 2.0 didn't come with 1.47. It's not a lot they are doing plus it's already unpolished in the map editor. Texas 2.0 must come in order to get to Oklahoma. Typically unpolished content comes the next update. Texas 2.0 was actually found unpolished under 1.46. 1.48 will be 2 releases since Texas. Then obviously Oklahoma is the target.

You'll thank my optimism later, 😆.
Of course you are right. Texas 2.0 is a requirement for Oklahoma, I didn't think of that at all. :roll: . Only California remains. Do you think Texas could add 2-3 more cities? Sherman, Paris, Texarkana, Pampa and Perryton might be possible. This could be a spectacular summer.
SORRY FOR THE BAD ENGLISH. GOOGLE TRANSLATOR.
flight50

#3833 Post by flight50 » 16 Mar 2023 06:20

I wouldn't say I'm right, its just my speculation. Simon already told us about Sherman and Paris on the Texas release announcement blog. They can be seen in the map editor along with US-75 and the High Five. Sherman and Paris are in but they will more than likely be scenic. They could get remote depots though. Texarkana is a maybe. We don't know about that one yet. But work for it was in the map editor too accord to a few on here. It could go either Texas 2.0 or it could go to Arkansas. But whatever it goes to, it must be marked. Its too big of a city not to be marked.

[ external image ]

Bedavd (iirc) mentioned he didn't see US-60 leaving Amarillo so that's probably not happening. But it does make sense to pick up US-60 East of US-83. This avoids Pampa which is more work. I was routing for Pampa myself to be honest. Canadian Texas was already part of the blogs so US-60 should enter Oklahoma but no Pampa. We should get US-83 continuing all the way to US-2 in North Dakota imo. No telling if Perryton makes it though. That's an Oklahoma thing.

So yes California reworks is the iffy one. I think it could come but only because we last got something more than a year ago by time 1.48 releases. Pushing phase 3 to 1.49 would be like Sept to November when Kansas drops. That's quite aways from now. So if no California for phase 3, that will be puzzling. Not alarming but puzzling because surely the Bay Area would be ready to roll but they holding it for an expanded scope. Considering the base map will be phased anyways, its almost imperative that we get something for the 1.48 update. Its possible even the new VNL drops for 1.48 as well. Although it can drop at any point, the truck already seem pretty polished on the 2022 Xmas stream. Fast forward 6 month to June/July of 2023.........yeah I think the new VNL also drops for ATS.

What else is possible, hehehe......the engine update (speculation). So in a nutshell, this could be a really really good year. Texas and Montana are out the way and the map team can get to cranking out the smaller states. Hopefully they won't need to pull people off rebuilding the base map anymore so that we can keep progress going. I'd like to see them hire more for the purposes of the base map rebuild. Its the new training tool instead of letting them do on road edtion.
Sara

#3834 Post by Sara » 16 Mar 2023 08:32

I don't think it is good to wait till the end of the year for phase 3 reworks, but it could come down to how much they're really doing for phase 3 too, because who knows. All we know is that the Bay Area was the next focus, but it could extend beyond the bay area. Guess we'll have to see. But it'll be wise for SCS to start with the reworks of Northern Nevada before Nebraska though. And since Nevada is vast and more open, it wouldn't need complete reworks in the amount of phases like California.
Tristman

#3835 Post by Tristman » 16 Mar 2023 10:15

Texas 2.0 and Oklahoma are most likely coming together, probably in 1.48? Texarkana is not necessary for Oklahoma, but we used to be able to see it in the map editor, so a good bit of progress might have been made on it already. It will for sure be a marked city.

Cali phase 3, sadly, I think will move to a later point in time. Maybe 1.49? We haven’t heard anything about it in a long time, and we are definitely getting several blogs on it before the next phase releases. I don’t think it will come at the same time as Oklahoma, because both are big areas of their own. SCS would promote exploring the other side of their map (CA) rather than their new paid DLC (OK), which doesn’t make sense from a marketing point of view.
hangman005

#3836 Post by hangman005 » 16 Mar 2023 12:05

1.49 likely runs into the same issue just replace OK with KS. It will though come when it's ready. I'm just speculating here on 100% based what I would do but if Phase 3 was as far along as we have taken to believe it was/is. I'd try to include it with Northern NV, so suddenly the Bay area and much more of the northern map are wide open. But that's just me.
ATS HQ: Las Vegas, NV
ETS HQ: Innsbruck, Austria
Promods Euro HQ: Reykjavik, Iceland
nautofon

#3837 Post by nautofon » 16 Mar 2023 12:09

1.48 + the next DLC won't necessarily come at exactly the same time. IIRC Wyoming wasn't released until two months or so after the update went stable. (Okay, the reason for that was unique, but the point stands.)
For driving without GPS navigation:  ATS Company/Facility Directory — C/FD
flight50

#3838 Post by flight50 » 16 Mar 2023 12:29

Tristman wrote: 16 Mar 2023 10:15 SCS would promote exploring the other side of their map (CA) rather than their new paid DLC (OK), which doesn’t make sense from a marketing point of view.
It's the same game and phase 3 is free. Doesn't matter where new work is located if it's the same game. That alone promotes longer travels. Once upon a time, SCS was releasing an ATS map and 30 days later, release an ETS2 map. That's a totally different game. People buy the new ATS map and then ditch it for the ETS2 map. That's promoting.

What doesn't make sense is holding back content if it's ready. What about promoting and encouraging people that only have the base map still. Give them reworks to promote new paid maps. Thats positive marketing. SCS doesn't do themselves favors from new nor existing players holding any rebuild projects. 1.49 would be well over 1.5 years since phase 2 released. Considering the ETS2 reworks going on, people are already questioning phase 3.

Hangman005 is right though. Kansas does the same thing as Oklahoma does. So it doesn't matter that the rebuild is on the West coast. If it's ready, get it to players. There are several people looking forward to the reworks than paid maps. What if those people don't want to buy Oklahoma nor Kansas until more California releases. The base map plays a role and its marketing as well.
Last edited by flight50 on 21 Mar 2023 22:20, edited 3 times in total.
Sara

#3839 Post by Sara » 16 Mar 2023 12:30

Tristman wrote: 16 Mar 2023 10:15 Cali phase 3, sadly, I think will move to a later point in time. Maybe 1.49? We haven’t heard anything about it in a long time, and we are definitely getting several blogs on it before the next phase releases.
All I wish to know from SCS is that, it is being worked on, and some images of the progress being made on it. Whether through a live stream or through a blog.
flight50

#3840 Post by flight50 » 16 Mar 2023 12:40

Phase 3 must be blogged. Could be several blogs for it too. No news could be good news. We don't nevessary gave to be reminded when we know Texas and Montana are out. They took Jakubs mappers. After 1.47 goes public, I'm willing to bet California reworks pops up. I'm betting SCS is aware that people are looking for the next phase so it will come and probably be loaded with pics.

Return to “General discussion about the game”