Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

angrybirdseller

Re: Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

#2981 Post by angrybirdseller » 06 Aug 2022 20:22

Be interesting to see bay area how they reroute US-101 in San Francisco its very heavily urban route with US-101. Stockton and Manteca area the area of CA-120 and I-5 lots of warehouses in that location be area possibly to use in the game depending on the space.
Meteor197

#2982 Post by Meteor197 » 06 Aug 2022 21:09

I wouldn't be surprised if this has already been discussed somewhere in this thread, but I mainly lurk around this forum off and on, and don't always read everything. But especially if the devs read these threads, it wouldn't hurt to have another voice on this. That is, it cannot be understated how important produce farms are in the area along I-5 and US-99 between Stockton and Bakersfield, and I think there is some of that on US-101 between Salinas and Santa Maria. Basically the territory that I expect to be covered in Phase 4. If SCS paid attention to wineries with Phase 2, then there's no reason they can't do the same for produce. Besides a couple new prefabs specific to produce growing, I personally would like to see one new competitor to Sunshine Crops just like Mon Coeur is to Darchelle Uzau, and this company to be exclusive to this specific region due to the uniqueness of the farming in the region.

I also think there needs to be at least a dozen specific types of fruits, and at least a dozen types of vegetables, to be hauled from these places. Enough of the generic umbrella cargo types such as "vegetables." I want to see specific crops like lettuce, tomatoes, strawberries, citrus, etc. I can sort of understand the lack of ICCs because for all we know the people responsible for them are stretched thin, in which case SCS needs to hire more people for that. But as for the cargo types, it's just a matter of making the little icon to show up in the job selections (some of which ETS2 already has), and a little programming to sync it with the economy. My best theory on why that is when ETS2 has a great variety, is that it goes back to the very beginning of the game when not a whole lot of effort was put into it, with SCS not sure of how successful ATS would be and all that. Then afterwards, SCS may have largely forgotten about it, or it could be a case of there being bigger fish to fry. That's why people need to politely make it known that this stuff is important.
flight50

#2983 Post by flight50 » 06 Aug 2022 22:30

@Meteor197 I can confirm talks about produce farms. I have advocated non stop since I don't know when, lol. But I mention agriculture, not produce. CA-99 is heavy with it followed by I-5. That is why I talk about ICCs a lot. One of the more specific ones is farming. California alone needs 2-3 different crop farms on top of Sunshine Crop. One competitor is not good enough. Bushnell is livestock, so I'm not referring to that one. We need a lot of Sunshine Crop type farms. California produces a huge amount of all the US's fruit yet we'd never know it if SCS doesn't emphasis it. Stockton, mark Modesto, Fresno, Bakersfield......all those should get 2-3 different farms. Many have vouched to make and mark Visalia. Throw that into the mix of agriculture. That is 5 cities that would make a huge impact in the agriculture sector. Lots of fruits can come from California and specific fruit at that. I agree with ya. Fruit in general is not good enough. We could have a solid dozen fruits from California alone. Add in vegetables and cargo in general goes up.

In my signature for North American Agriculture are the most common you'd find at the common grocery store. Now not all this should or will come from California but as a whole, ATS should have all these if the Agricultural industry is going to shine. It can be much better than it is. So maybe Pavel does push his team to that based on what he said the other day. We'll see.
oldmanclippy

#2984 Post by oldmanclippy » 07 Aug 2022 03:44

California should focus on Ag just as much as the Midwest, if not more. It's a huge huge part of CA's economy and it would be great to have that reflected in the road network of the central valley.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
angrybirdseller

#2985 Post by angrybirdseller » 07 Aug 2022 04:47

Companies that grow these crops-Leafy greens, cabbage, dates, melons, lemons, oranges, apples, potatoes and tomatoes these both grow in Arizona and California. California-Olives to Almonds crops as well. Think couple different farms setups to make it feel different would be nice. I think SCS will diversity the Agriculture part and create some new companies to use these crops, but I think existing companies will get replaced on legacy maps over time.
rbsanford

#2986 Post by rbsanford » 07 Aug 2022 05:35

I've mentioned this here before, but there should be different companies for different types of crops: greens, roots (maybe one for potatoes, yams, and onions, and another for turnips, parsnips, and rutabagas, which require different care), citrus, stonefruit (peaches, nectarines, plums, apricots), grapes, berries, other tree fruit (apples, pears, and cherries; there are some companies that grow and distribute all three), melons, peppers/cucumbers/tomatoes (these are more often grown in Canada and/or Mexico, depending on the season, than in the US, from what I can tell), and exotic produce (this company would just have seaport terminals distributing bananas, pineapples, mangoes, etc., instead of actual farms). Then there should be other companies that process the produce into other products (salad kits, fruit cups, canned/frozen produce, peaches in heavy syrup, etc.), as well as grocery wholesalers to act as middlemen between all those companies (and other food producers) and the stores. This is a lot of companies, sure, but this is what it would take to really flesh out the agriculture industry in the game. These companies would also go beyond California, of course, especially in the case of the produce processors and grocery wholesalers.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
flight50

#2987 Post by flight50 » 07 Aug 2022 07:09

@rbsanford I totally agree. Which is why I say more crop farms. I mentioned 2-3 to be modest. What you mentioned are pretty much 3 different parts of the Ag industry. Crop farms, grocery stores and food manufacturing. Yesssssss all three is what it takes to make the Ag industry a force in ATS. With all three, I'd go for a minimum of 12 with the 11 states we have currently. To flesh out those 3 industries right now we only have Sunshine Crops, Wallbert and Global Mills. I'm not 100% positive what cargoes go the Farmer's Barn, Tidbit and Eddy's. With or without the last 3, we are still wayyyyy off the pace for what's needed for the Ag industry. Its only going to get worse with the Great Plains without more diversity. Add in the Great Plains and that should bring another 12 alone. The Great Plains covers 2 regions with the South and the Midwest. That's only talking about 24 companies which covers 50% of the US, yet still would be less than just (1) ETS2 dlc in regards to new companies.

This is why I'm cool with California being phased. Hopefully SCS develops true complex depots. This will take time.......if it ever happens. The longer it takes to build out California, the better new tech can come. I sure hope its comes sooner than later because the states that can really exploit agriculture is on the front line like right now. Central California needs this agricultural overhaul and its impossible to do it with so few companies. We need a flood of companies that goes for the entire Western region. We need another flood for the South region which is totally different than the West. We'll need another flood of new Ag companies that are totally different than both the West and the South. That is 3 regions out of 4 total in ATS. Each region needs totally different names for several industries. There some companies that can be national but the majority of ATS should be geared toward regions just like ETS2. I hope the research team is up for this task because ATS needs to blow up more than it is for ICCs.
Rozhdestvo

#2988 Post by Rozhdestvo » 07 Aug 2022 08:11

Good morning guys. I was thinking about to make this post about AZ even if we are far from the rebuild of it. But actually I was thinking on the southern part of AZ that is missed cities like Douglas at the MEX-USA border. I could imagine the map somehow like that. We could completely erase the road around San Simon. Instead we could get AZ-92 from Sierra Vista to Lowell.
AZ-80 from Lowell to Douglas and from Douglas to Roadforks. Anyway at Roadforks there is a truck stop as well. So I think it could be good.
Also we could get US-191 from Douglas to I-10
https://im.ge/i/FRm6GM
flight50

#2989 Post by flight50 » 07 Aug 2022 09:34

To add to my previous post, I had a thought so I had to put it to plan. What I came up with is here viewtopic.php?p=1728040#p1728040. I didn't want to jump off subject to much so I added it to the North American Agricultural thread in my signature. But in this post, its my idea on what I'd love to see for complex prefabs. At least when it comes to Agricultural farming crops. I'm sure I have some typos there as usual so I'll re-read it and makes edits as usual in later in the morning. its 4:30 am and I'm sleepy, lol.
Tristman

#2990 Post by Tristman » 07 Aug 2022 09:42

@Rozhdestvo

I think they could make San Simon a scenery town altogether, it really doesn’t offer anything. Perhaps Douglas could replace it as marked town.

I would like to see AZ-82 as well in that area, connecting Nogales and Sierra Vista, and getting rid of two dead ends at once.

Return to “General discussion about the game”