Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

JoeAlex23

Re: Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

#3131 Post by JoeAlex23 » 04 Sep 2022 19:56

Of course they will keep doing blogs about all sort of things, but the majority will be about Texas and Western Balkans since those are the next 2 map DLC's in line to be released soon, nobody is saying they will only do blogs about Texas and WB.
Vinnie Terranova

#3132 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 04 Sep 2022 20:15

My question was not about the content of the majority of the blogs (of course it will be about Texas, and in a lesser extend Western Balkans), my question was about when we could expect the next Cali Rebuild blog. And I don't hope we have to wait for several months for this next Cali Rebuild blog. I'm really looking forward to this next part of the Cali Rebuild. The Bay Area is an important trucking area with a lot of opportunities. I'm really looking forward to it.
flight50

#3133 Post by flight50 » 05 Sep 2022 05:46

We'll I did mention getting a California rebuild blog. So I'm not sure exactly where the comment is going if I mentioned it. What I was saying is what JoeAlex stated though. I just wasn't elaborate enough. Under the Hood sure, but of what?

I think other blogs must come as filler but the dominant blogs will be of content we know is coming which are the maps. We'll get ones here and there about other things but for the consistent trail of blogs, map dlc's has a lot more to blog about than anything else. But no, I didn't technically mean we only get Texas and WB blogs. It wasn't a literal statement. Even a rebuild blog probably won't bring more than 2-3 blogs.

The tail end of the year tends to be the time when SCS tries to cramp everything left for the year all into the Nov/Dec update. We are already in Sept now and before we know it, the Xmas stream arrives with all the other goodies SCS tells up about.
angrybirdseller

#3134 Post by angrybirdseller » 05 Sep 2022 11:00

California update is Christmas goodies they play peek-o-boo we get late spring. I think phase three will be larger one like 7 to 8 cities rebuilt along with the roads. Can't have everyone working on Texas and three states in pre-production, and only so many can work on Oklahoma as need a lot of them to fix Texas game breaker issues. The base map can get team of 10 for the rest of the year to work on it.

I think next three states they have people whose role to build the junction and the prefabs and nothing to do with creating the landscapes or add custom assets on the map. You build house the fame is done first and the map tend to be similar. You can do this for the rest of the year, and leftovers send to California.
flight50

#3135 Post by flight50 » 05 Sep 2022 11:48

Jakub already told us that the rebuild team was down to 3 people on his California pH 2 stream. It use to be 13 but people got pulled to help with Montana and Texas.

Montana released and now numbers went to Texas per Pavel on the Montana stream. A free update won't get numbers over a paid map. A few must be in Oklahoma but not to many til Texas is out.

The original intent per Jakub was to release a larger ph3 scope though. The work started by the juniors was left for those 3 that was on it pH 3. Its possible those 3 polished it for a release but when does it comes is anyone's guess. It was said to mostly be done though on Jakub's stream earlier this year. I just don't see 10 people there until Texas is good enough for polish up stage to release people or they hired more mappers. If Pavel is always looking for help, perhaps the rebuild team gets replenished and let the juniors stick with paid maps now that they are getting more experience. The current batch of newbies seem to be working out decently. But still, not all of them are on the same level.
killingjoke28336

#3136 Post by killingjoke28336 » 05 Sep 2022 17:55

I think mapping is kind of an art. Like painting you can learn the technique but to make it beauftiful and, for lack of a better word, atmospheric is another thing.
Trakaplex

#3137 Post by Trakaplex » 06 Sep 2022 16:05

Perhaps, after Texas is done, a third or fourth of its team can move back to the Cali rework. We could see Phase 4 done within 2023 as well. There was a picture of a highway in the middle a desert somewhere with electrical poles. I think they will tease Phase 3 in the Xmas stream of this year, and its first blog could come in January. San Jose could get a blog page, as well as Oakland/Fremont, but I don't think we will get anything else. That is - unless if they do Stockton or something.
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation
Sara

#3138 Post by Sara » 08 Sep 2022 12:42

Honestly, I actually am a little annoyed with SCS at the moment. And it isn't because they're not going a great job, but because it feels like, and this is my opinion, but they're more prioritizing Euro Truck than American Truck. Though I could be entirely wrong here, so please just take this with a grain of salt.

I understand the ATS team does have there hands full with Texas, but with the latest blog post teasing the rework for Switzerland, it feels like that ATS is being left out completely, because we're not getting much info on what has been done. As we do know that it is the Bay Area next to be reworked on. I just wish SCS could inform us a little more on the rework, even just showing off the small things if needed. I'm not saying I want to see just a blog post of the Golden Gate Bridge or the Light Rail in San Francisco, but something to really hype us up to say, this is what we have been working on.

And if they have been teasing through some streams, maybe I should be up around 2-3am to watch them considering that is usually the time they stream there videos for me.
killingjoke28336

#3139 Post by killingjoke28336 » 08 Sep 2022 12:57

I guess there is not much to show as the are all in for the final Texas push. After the release I'm sure there will be some news.
Vinnie Terranova

#3140 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 08 Sep 2022 13:03

If that's the case, then how big is the Texas map team at this moment?

Return to “General discussion about the game”