Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

averyc2506

Re: Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

#1571 Post by averyc2506 » 25 Jan 2022 00:39

I am intrigued to see what they do with the section of highway 99 between Stockton and Sacramento for phase 2. The obvious guess is that it is added and so the entire southern portion of CA-99 is all connected, and everyone is happy. Here is the catch, in the blog from 12/23/21 they did not include any mention of Stockton. As we all know, CA-99 has 2 at grade intersections there and it is in unusually close proximity to I-5 in the city. What i wonder is this:
1. will the 99 just be connected to the section with the at grade intersections and nothing else? (keep in mind I-5 has a large curve to the right in this section {for the time being})
2. Will they connect it AND upgrade the at grade intersections in stockton?
3. WIll they not build the segment
a. build the connector interchanges and then just open them once the segment is complete
b. not build the connector interchanges

*this is all assuming this segment is in their plans and we receive it at some point in the future*
I make concept maps sometimes:
California
Louisiana
Xaagon

#1572 Post by Xaagon » 25 Jan 2022 00:47

Also, how far south of Sacramento would they go in Phase 2? This could possibly be a Phase 3 or Phase 4 project.
flight50

#1573 Post by flight50 » 25 Jan 2022 01:31

I don't think they will got to far South of Sacramento. I don't think they should go South of I-80 until North of I-80 is full. I wouldn't even go South until I-80 to Wells, Nevada is rebuilt. I still stand by fast tracking that route to bring up the level of game play to get us from California to Utah and Wyoming. If Montana comes first before Texas, that portion of I-80 in Nevada becomes even more desired to come sooner than later. They still have a small team rebuilding California until Texas and Montana are done. But the blog did say more people are coming in January. But how many. How effective will they be is unknown. I'd like to think that talent is high and can contribute to a team right away. But no two mappers are the same. We'll see results in the next 6-18 months when it comes to map production though. End of 2023, we should get 4-5 maps released for ATS. I'd like to say Montana, Texas, Kansas, Louisiana and Arkansas are the combination of maps that could be in place by the Nov/Dec 2023.
rbsanford

#1574 Post by rbsanford » 25 Jan 2022 02:21

It looks like Phase II just covers everything north of (and including) I-80 and north of the Bay Area that haven't been reworked yet. If Phase III is entirely dedicated to the Bay Area, then I imagine the San Joaquin Valley and CA 99 will get some love in Phase IV. The upgraded usa.dds discovered last May shows the missing link of CA 99, so I'm sure it's planned.

I'm betting that US 50 and CA 99 will have evidence of reaching Sacramento in Phase II, but with the actual connections added later. I like @averyc2506's plan 1: connect the 99 anyway, hooking it up to the at-grade intersections in Stockton. The city itself and the highways through it can be updated later. I don't really think it's too essential at the moment, though.

Speaking of Stockton: I can't wait for I-5 to be smoothed out there. Has anyone else noticed how the freeway has little bumps at the interchanges?
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
TheAmir259

#1575 Post by TheAmir259 » 25 Jan 2022 03:55

The rework stopping point from the I-5 is most likely at the southern border of Sacramento city.
As for the rework stopping point of the I-80, my guess is gonna be on the western border of Sacramento city.

The rework stopping point for the US-101 however, is the most vague. We were mentioned that San Rafael is no longer going to be marked, but this doesn't mean that the whole of San Rafael is disappearing, nor has there been any mention of it being reworked. And it also makes sense for the (by then former) San Rafael to only get reworked in Phase 3 as it should be within the Bay Area. So my guess is that, the furthest point on the US-101 is going to be right outside the former San Rafael's border, near the I-580 to US-101 interchange.
Two wrongs don't make a right, three lefts...do :D
angrybirdseller

#1576 Post by angrybirdseller » 25 Jan 2022 04:20

Phase 4 should be rebuild of Reno and Carson City to prepare I-80 rebuild to Wells.

Phase 5 I-80 rebuid from east of Reno to Wells.
I-80 rebuild:
Exit 83 for interchange for US-95 along with Fallon Rest Area,
Exit 106 Predo Truck Stop Lovelock similar to Wyoming DLC with Wheatland,
Exit 176 for new Loves truck stop in Wennemucca along with exit 178 for I-80 bus route.
Exit 231 for NV-305 South to Austin NV rebuild Battle Mountian.
Alternative A-Exit 280 in Carlin for Pilot Truck and along Gold Mine Quarry on NV Route 766 Gold Mine Quarry.
Alternative B-Same as prebuild-Exit 301 and 303 in Elko. The Elko rebuild will swap the warehouses for retail stores for Walbert and add Home Store
Alternative C-Exit 298 for the Kotmasu Crop Mining base where you pick up mining equipement.
Exit 352 in Wells for US-93 to hit Jackpot or Elky.

The gold quarry in Carlin is massive would be nice addtion to haul gold out of the mine and equipment into the mine.

California south of I-80 I am fine holding off till rebuild is complete in Nevada
TheAmir259

#1577 Post by TheAmir259 » 25 Jan 2022 05:03

A bit of word play here, but the current phases are strictly locked into California, not overall basegame rework phases. Thus Phase 4 are likely to be between the Bay Areas to LA, while Phase 5 is overall LA region rework.

As for Nevada, i don't see them fast-tracking the I-80 corridor of Nevada unless they are really in heavy demand, and that SCS got the wind of it. I myself, would love to see at I-80 corridor reworked first too, so that I can access the newly-reworked areas of California via my most-approached region, which is from Utah and the I-80, as opposed to coming in from the north (Oregon) or the south (Arizona).
Two wrongs don't make a right, three lefts...do :D
rbsanford

#1578 Post by rbsanford » 25 Jan 2022 06:33

TheAmir259 wrote: 25 Jan 2022 03:55 As for the rework stopping point of the I-80, my guess is gonna be on the western border of Sacramento city.
Truckee is getting reworked too, and this screenshot from the California Dreamin' Part 3 blog looks like I-80 in the gorge of the Truckee, so I'm betting that I-80 will be reworked as far as Reno.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
Trucker Nik

#1579 Post by Trucker Nik » 25 Jan 2022 06:40

@flight50 you forgot Oklahoma, i would soon say that in 2023 we will get Oklahoma Louisiana Arkansas, after the release of Texas, there will be a small gap between Colorado and Texas, I hope Oklahoma will come as soon as possible after Texas
flight50

#1580 Post by flight50 » 25 Jan 2022 07:20

^ Yes I did actually, lol. Thanks. I thought I was missing one but I failed to double check. Oklahoma should be the first after Montana/Texas.....which ever is last. Would be nice if California was completed by time 2024 rolls around. I think we'd have to get phase 3 by end of this year to have a slim chance. Otherwise maybe end of 2024. I do expect to see a much larger team trying to knock out California once 2022 ends.

Return to “General discussion about the game”