Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

PBandJ

Re: Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

#2541 Post by PBandJ » 20 May 2022 20:34

That's life, can't have everything in a map that isn't 1:1. So the smaller east coast states don't get as much in them. It will be ok. Years from now till this has to be worried about any how.
Shiva

#2542 Post by Shiva » 20 May 2022 20:39

What SCS could have done, is to morph/stretch the map.
The further east one goes, from maybe half the map, the longer the north/south and east/west would be, compared to west.
I once did a primitive edit. In that, north/south gained a size of Vermont, in north/south. And as much in west/east.
If they ever do it, then we should be able to see it, when comparing background maps.
+ this depends on how the game decided where and when the sun goes up and down. Right now, I can not remember where and how that is stored.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
angrybirdseller

#2543 Post by angrybirdseller » 20 May 2022 20:41

1:20 scale works fine and still take 4 hours to drive from San Francisco to New York City. SCS won't mess with nor change the scale would be better expand the map at this point with more states. I like South Dakota and Minnesota in my life-time at 1:20 scale. Massachusetts at 1:20 scale no problems fitting 4 cities at
all.
Travismods

#2544 Post by Travismods » 20 May 2022 21:47

@oldmanclippy Personal attack...? So let's get a few things straight here because you are out of line. I went back and re-read my comment and if that comment is a personal attack, that's about the weakest personal attack I've seen here. In my comment, I did not mention any user, called anyone any names, broke any forum rules or even called out anyone in specific. I don't roll like that, even though I sometimes would like to, believe me, based on the things I have been called by other users on here. So no. To say that some users on here - users that spend little time playing by their own accord and a lot of time here dictating thought and turning down most suggestions to improve the game - to say that this kind of player should not be the target group for SCS and should not be the ones to dictate the development of the game does NOT constitute any personal attack buddy. It constitutes an opinion. Now if you happen to feel some sort of alliance with certain users that match this description of a player, that's on you, but just because you dislike my harsh style does not make my statement a personal attack. My comment was clearly focused on SCS not tailoring ATS to impatient players with little time on their hands, that pick up the game only rarely, because that would be unwise in my view. That's a statement I can absolutely make and an opinion I can have and it is not a personal attack.

So I don't go around attacking users by name or attacks like that - but please, let the track record show literally tens of examples of other users calling me out by name and calling me this or that or conducting actual personal attacks by name, over and over and in that case I guess you'd call it fair and square. I don't care one way or the other really, because I am not looking to make any alliances on here, I am looking to voice an opinion, an opinion that is desperately needed in this community is this game to survive. So get out of here with trying to lecture me on sensitivity. There was no personal attack, only an opinion you can take or leave. But if you do see me grating it's because I have grown tired of the way this toxic-positive community treats critical minds and lauds SCS for the bare minimum. It's a bad way of moving a product forward.

@flight50 I am flattered you called me out by name so I have to do the same, considering you constantly post here and as good as always ignore my comments. Guess I rustled your feathers, which wasn't my intent actually. The statement you made that we either have ATS current mediocre-to-poor level of simulation or next stop is literal reality is removed. It clearly shows you do not and have not played any other simulators, simulators that strike the right balance. I am not even going to go into that with you as it would not make any sense if you don't play. Let's just say theres a gigantic spectrum, and on one side is ATS with its poor aspects of simulation and on the other opposite side is reality and between those you have a lot of better simulators than ATS. Demanding more out of ATS is not asking for reality, thats dumbing down the conversation.

On your comment on you are "just a member like me", lets stop right there flight. You have 23488 posts here and probably will have made 10 more typed once you read this. I have 943. If you want to compare leagues, we are not in the same one. Look at your daily average rate. Your comments are all over this forum in all threads, and they are long and have a huge outreach. Mine, complaining tirades as you think they are, don't really have much outreach at 900 compared to somebody having posted here nearly 25000 times. Be real for a second. You literally have people here calling you the biggest and best veteran on the forum. People here hate me for being constantly critical and demanding more of SCS. But thanks for letting us know you make bank, thats cool and all.

Oh and if you want my excuse I do have it right here. It is that I also play the game regularly in and out, as well as live here from time to time. If I didn't play, I'd kind of lose touch with what is right and what is wrong with it and what regular players want out of the game going forward. It's why you see me "bashing", I am on a daily basis reminded there is a lot missing from a players perspective to make this a satisfying sim. Seeing it regularly from a player perspective kind of helps with that.
flight50

#2545 Post by flight50 » 20 May 2022 23:23

MirM wrote: 20 May 2022 17:31 I have the impression that few people have any idea what the rescaling of the ATS / ETS2 map is about. Figuratively, it consists in tearing the old map apart and reassembling it, and adding the missing roads and areas. It will not be done piecemeal for individual states already released. All current map DLCs would have to be demolished.
Why would they have to demolish current map dlc's. That makes no sense. The dlc's would be done just like the base map. They'd pull it apart and splice in new things just like any other part of the map.
PBandJ wrote: 20 May 2022 19:08 Please leave the game scaling alone. Making the game a West US and an East US is just removed. Using garages to get from one side to another.....smh. That has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever heard of. This is one country, LEAVE it that way. I know you are getting your prized state soon, but don't screw it up for others that follow..... :evil:
You don't have to like the idea dude. I gave a suggestion, doesn't mean SCS will do it. Read my post again. I never said use garages to get from one side to another. I said use the Mississippi as loading. So the removed is in your post. Read what I wrote. The hatred you have of me, I can careless, I don't like you either but I don't attack you until you say something removed. I have you foed for a reason but I knew you'd say something removed so yeah, I'm responding to your removed.

My prized state? Just because I live in Texas doesn't make it my prized state. I never once even brought it up in reference to scale, you did. How removed is that? I post in every state thread on this forum. My prized state, smh....now that's removed thinking. Get outta here with that crap. I pitch for any state and if you seriously read the forum regularly, you'd know I was all in for Montana, always have been. You've always had issues with me so your removed comment could have been kept Sir.
Madkine
Global moderator

#2546 Post by Madkine » 21 May 2022 00:50

Opinions are welcome, personal attacks on other users are not. Please keep it civil.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
harishw8r

#2547 Post by harishw8r » 21 May 2022 00:57

I wouldn’t prefer a rescale myself, as the map will be larger even without 1:17. Also, we are wayyyyyyy away from the point where scaling creates major space constraints, they might figure out a solution in due time.
PBandJ

#2548 Post by PBandJ » 21 May 2022 03:24

@flight50 Apparently you forgot this statement you made on page 253......."If garages can get us to and from none connected states, the Mississippi used as a loading of two different maps could work. "
Madkine
Global moderator

#2549 Post by Madkine » 21 May 2022 04:04

@PBandJ Which exactly supports what he said in the post on this page. The first part of that is referencing the fact that if you have 2 unconnected states you can currently use your garage to teleport between them. The second part suggests using a similar mechanic at the Mississippi.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
angrybirdseller

#2550 Post by angrybirdseller » 21 May 2022 07:43

Compromise for East Coast make one map at 1:20 scale and another map at 1:10 scale. It's duplicate map one with loading screen with 1:10 scale another without loading screen at 1:20 scale.

Then make duplicate map at larger scale 1:10 with loading screen with NY, PA, MA, VT, NJ, RI, CT, ME, MD, DE, VA-or take Washington DC as starting point and Boston as end point with loading screen at 1:10 scale.

Basically, make east coast map twice it's not ideal. It avoids distorting original 1:20 as 1:10 scale map is actually seperate map. Loading screen acts separation of the different scales.

It gives people the option to opt if only want deliver to Boston from Indianapolis at 1:20 scale, but can opt in loading screen when get close east coast drive to toll booth would have loading screen to drive larger scale of 1:10 scale the rest of the way.

Return to “General discussion about the game”