Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

axl135

Re: Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

#1601 Post by axl135 » 27 Jan 2022 01:01

@rbsanford Agreed. A great deal of the food supply chain is missing from the game. As you said, nothing travels straight from the farm to retail.

Adding imported produce to the game would provide the perfect opportunity to introduce the refrigerated shipping container, which could go straight to a processor/distributor. Or that container can take a ride on the rails, and then be picked up in a state that is further inland.
flight50

#1602 Post by flight50 » 27 Jan 2022 01:54

Nice to see more of you pitching in for new company diversity again. Things are moving in the right direction for ATS now. At least from what we see with Texas and Montana. So thanks all for speaking up on ICCs. I've ran my mouth for the past year or so on ICCS and now its becoming more obvious and the rest of you all are now voicing it. I even see a few comments on the blogs about new companies. Sweet that SCS is making things happen. Teamwork makes the dream work, lol.
axl135 wrote: 26 Jan 2022 17:51 The conversation over farming suddenly brings to mind the lack of food processing plants in the base map. I cannot recall seeing any of those prefabs in California, Nevada, or Arizona. Hopefully, the California rebuild will start to address this.

Even with the later map DLC’s, the food industry seems sparse as well, with no dairy or meat processing plants, even though milk and live cattle are included as cargo. In the game, there are only three that I can recall: Global Mills (first appeared with New Mexico), USBB (first appeared with Colorado), and a frozen seafood company (forgot the name, first appeared with Washington).
Actually, on the xmas stream...SCS did share a screen shot of Global Mills coming. So all the companies and prefabs made after 2016, now they can all be up for grabs for California, Nevada and Arizona. Same with introducing things from Texas and Montana. I expect the trailer service, landscaping, Electric company and waste transfer to be national in ATS. Perhaps down the road we get multiple companies but these 4 for sure should go in every state with some tweaks to the map. The others can be hit or miss. Grain Elevators and the gas company can be in a few other states as well but not as abundant as the first 4 I mentioned.

Also nothing wrong with California getting something new that is not even in ATS or even w.i.p. with another dlc. California can get a ton more than what we have though. I'd like to see at least 3 totally brand new companies made specifically for California and LAX and the ports is not part of that. They will be new one offs if we get them. We seriously need Agriculture dominant adds for California during this rebuild. SCS just went thru all that trouble to make Agriculture check point. Make Agriculture a focal point for California. The state should be loaded with it. From growing it to importing/exporting. We need dedicated grocery stores, new farms, central markets for produce, agricultural specific warehouse/distribution center, new dairy farm, etc. With a research team now in place, I hope they dug a lot deeper for this California revamp than what SCS started out with in 2012 or whenever ATS was starting from scratch. The best part is that California is phased. So no rush. They can add new at any point. But don't just sit back and only give us what is already made for ATS. California needs to make several new base map companies that are both regional and national. Too much missing from the ATS economy to really feel like we have a diverse economy. Irl, its very diverse here. Life here in the states in not as repetitive as ATS is making it seem. A bit more immersion will pump new life into the game. Pump new life into the game and you pump newcomers to the game as well. We all win. We've seen lots of new so far with Texas and Montana. What brand new companies will California show us? Don't go thru all the trouble just to copy paste stuff we already have. Develop some brand new stuff for California too. In all honestly, California needs to be treated like a paid dlc.

[ external image ]

axl135 wrote: 27 Jan 2022 01:01 @rbsanford Agreed. A great deal of the food supply chain is missing from the game. As you said, nothing travels straight from the farm to retail.
I say this all the time. Too many middle man companies missing to tie industry together. For the most part, there are certain industries in which we should have 3-4 parts to the supply chain. The combinations vary based on the industry. But there is mining/harvesting raw materials, feeding and growing sources so fertilizers/seed plants need to come. Farming equipment/machinery manufacturers. We have to harvest/collect this stuff with some type of machine. Processing/packaging/Distribution. We need to store and distribute this stuff. That means more logistics. SellGoods can't be the only one. There should be several logistic companies by now. End user...lots of retail missing. From grocery stores, to certain department stores for everyday products that we all use. Retail is not nearly deep enough in ATS. We could easily have at least another 6-12 retail chains to spread for all 48 states. Some can even be rival stores to what we have in game. Those I talk about a lot too. Wallbert - Walmart/Target, Home Store - Home Depot/Lowes, USBB - Coca Cola/Pepsi, Global Mills - General Mills/Kraft, Page & Price Paper - Georgia Pacific/International Paper. There are several dozens of these examples.
Knuckelhead

#1603 Post by Knuckelhead » 29 Jan 2022 21:24

[ external image ]

Is the zeppelin new or did I never noticed it.
angrybirdseller

#1604 Post by angrybirdseller » 30 Jan 2022 08:59

They need flow chart of what going in for cargo raw materials and the goods produced. :lol: I just glanced over to Bakersfield CA in google earth there is ice cream plant -you haul Milk, coca plants, High Frutcose Corn Syrup made icecream or ice cream bars. There home store right next to it. https://www.google.com/maps/@35.3133818 ... !1e3?hl=en. The west side of town oil rig equipement, to renting bobcats to little landscaping.
flight50

#1605 Post by flight50 » 30 Jan 2022 12:28

Somebody's ice plant needs to make ATS. Make 3-4 modular configurations and use that one company for all of ATS by changing a few things around. We only need 1 per region really. Thats only 4 locations in the YS. Give both Canada and Mexico the same. As modular, new things can get added or remove from one master prefab.

Reefers need some love. We also need a candy/chocolate plant. We are getting a sugar plant with Montana. We need a salt processing plant. I think we have both salt snd sugar cargo already. If not, its ETS2 I am thinking about. Anywho, lots can go on in the food industry with those 2. That gives dumpers more love too with bulk salt and sugar. Both look the same. Both are probably similar weight as well. We need both bulk and packaged salt and sugar. So we need pallets of both for vans, curtain sides, sliding tarps and even flatbeds/step decks could work if tarped.
Laqueesha

#1606 Post by Laqueesha » 30 Jan 2022 16:17

For Nevada, Las Vegas Boulevard being extended down to Jean past Primm would be nice, that way when you enter Las Vegas you can see the "Welcome to Fab. Las Vegas" sign. At the moment it seems you have to go out of your way to see it.
befsztyk

#1607 Post by befsztyk » 30 Jan 2022 18:27

It would be great to see and drive through the Carquinez Bridges on I-80 or Benicia-Martinez Bridges on I-680
rbsanford

#1608 Post by rbsanford » 30 Jan 2022 21:45

If there's room, yeah, the Carquinez Bridges should be added.

Something else I'd like to see in a reworked Bay Area are the Robin Williams Tunnels, which should be easy enough to add; the tunnels are already there, they just need to be painted and dedicated.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
Tristman

#1609 Post by Tristman » 30 Jan 2022 22:47

I think at some point they should go back and redo the interiors of nearly all tunnels. A lot of them are really low-detail on the inside.
flight50

#1610 Post by flight50 » 30 Jan 2022 23:42

After seeing Austria get a complete rebuild, I honestly hope SCS just rebuilds all the base maps. Its only 3 states. Solid chance, SCS just rebuilds all the old areas in ETS2. ATS now has the capacity to do so. Even more after Texas and Montana release. I think Nevada and Arizona at the level of Idaho and above will be huge moving forward.

If this happens, I still hope the rebuild team sweeps thru the older paid dlc for some updates. Smooth out roads, textures, updates some mountains, implement new companies such as the new trailer service, landscaping and waste transfer and whatever else there maybe at the time of rebuilds. Add missing roads that people talk about the most along with the ones proposed on the dds file. If Pavel shots for 3 paid map teams and 1 rebuild team, that justifies rebuilding a lot more for ATS. ATS will be a very long project so might as well bring it up to par with current standards. Less to do later.

Some say things will be different in the future. That is very true, but at least everything will be on the same level and age the same. Only rebuild all of California and only do 50% of Nevada and Arizona doesn't make a lot of sense. Just rebuild the entire state or at the least the vast majority. Majority as in 85-90%. Assets and mapping in current day is night and day now so just make it right. The older dlc's need the updates anyways as things are still pre-rescale, still have European tendency and too many short cuts back then. Even NM and Oregon can use some degree of updates to get up to Utah, Idaho, Colorado or Wyoming standards.

Return to “General discussion about the game”