Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

velles

Re: Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

#4281 Post by velles » 17 May 2023 15:49

Santa Cruz looks great but what the hell happened to the Clock Tower? Did someone took photos with some low poly placeholder object? I hope it will be better quality in the final version

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
xXCARL1992Xx

#4282 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 17 May 2023 15:50

do you know what written at the bottom of the image ? :roll:
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
SouthernMan

#4283 Post by SouthernMan » 17 May 2023 15:57

Welp I've never seen SCS post a pic of a low poly object, even "Work in Progress" tbh. anyway no big deal.
Sounds good.
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.
flight50

#4284 Post by flight50 » 17 May 2023 16:04

No telling how they blog the cities. Its an easy way to stretch things out though to buy time just like Wyoming did. But I have little reason to think phase 3 is 1.49. CA-17 is cool and yes it makes sense with San Jose coming. But I wonder if I-280 is possible as well to run parallel with US-101. SCS has developed tricks to compact a lot in recently. With so much vegetation and assets to hide roads.....I'm not ruling I-280 that alternate scenic route connecting San Francisco to San Jose. They can push I-280 off its mark more West to gain space for US-101. Nothing but vegetation and mountains between I-280 and CA-1. Perfect reason to use the water for CA-1. I-880 is a must to connect Oakland to San Jose so that I expect to make the game. Perhaps a road network blog comes to show the great parts coming for the Bay Area.

The base map is being made from scratch with 1:20 in mind this time and I'm thinking California gets the density that Texas got in the places where Texas is densest. If California isn't made with density in mid, they rushed it. California has the 2nd most roads behind Texas. Just like I always said Texas can't be rushed.........same for California. They didn't rush Texas (imo) which is why we are getting Texas 2.0. California is phased so that is perfect to take their time where it needs it. No time table for reworks though.
velles

#4285 Post by velles » 17 May 2023 16:07

@SouthernMan Same, I know it's a WIP and the actual model will be better quality but it's probably the first case of low poly placeholder being shown in blog post (this is even more noticeable since that object is a landmark)
LATrucker

#4286 Post by LATrucker » 17 May 2023 16:08

They did it before (like this building in Uvalde), but most times it isn't that obvious.

I still hope for a 1.48 release btw., even with the "still very much WIP" term at the end of the post.
flight50

#4287 Post by flight50 » 17 May 2023 16:11

velles wrote: 17 May 2023 15:49 Santa Cruz looks great but what the hell happened to the Clock Tower? Did someone took photos with some low poly placeholder object? I hope it will be better quality in the final version
Zero chance SCS ever releases a low poly object that we drive right by. Blogs are meant to show progress, not what we get. Its not the first time we get an incomplete scene though. The final version more times than not differs from blog pics. That's why the blog said placeholder.

[ external image ]

@LATrucker The blogs always say w.i.p. no matter when it releases. Whether its 1.48 or 1.49, until it releases, it will say w.i.p.

As far as incomplete they also posted a few Wyoming industries that was incomplete prefabs before just to show progress and how parking worked. You guys are digging to much into something we don't have yet though. It shouldn't be a concern at this point. When phase 3 releases and its low poly.....now we have an issue.
Last edited by flight50 on 17 May 2023 16:18, edited 1 time in total.
velles

#4288 Post by velles » 17 May 2023 16:17

Anyway, IMO decision to keep Santa Cruz was probably a good one since it is more interesting town than Salinas (inb4 "American Tourist Simulator"). I can't wait to see Bay Area blog.
flight50

#4289 Post by flight50 » 17 May 2023 16:20

Oh yeah I forgot to mention Salinas. If we get it as scenic (which is possible since US-101 runs thru it), nothing says we can't get a remote depot there to make Salinas more valid. Salinas also might be too big to be scenic too so they could skip it altogether.
rbsanford

#4290 Post by rbsanford » 17 May 2023 16:29

I don't know, I still think Salinas should be marked, since it's much more industrially significant. We'll have to see how this area will look in the game; with Santa Cruz still marked, there might not be space for a marked Salinas, but they could still have a job site or two there. Not having Salinas at all and not being able to interact with the agriculture of the Salinas Valley would be big missed opportunities.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.

Return to “General discussion about the game”