Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

#4021 Post by flight50 » 30 Mar 2023 06:24

Hmmm. San Jose and Modesto would be the 2 city blogs I'd give solos to. They would be making debuts. San Fran, Oakland and Fresno can get combined into a city blog since they will just be rebuilds in which we have as marked.

Expanded industries/new industries..........yes please. California needs new. California needs to get the new dlc treatment. Just because its base map doesn't mean it should only get current depots already made. There's a ton of options available for California that can deput as new depots. Hopefully the blog is correct with the mention of new economy. I'd be most excited about the new economy just as much as seeing new roads get rebuilt to better standards. When the 2022 xmas stream did not show anything for California, I figured 2023 could potentially be a heavy map year for ATS. Between reworks and paid maps......there's a lot. Whether we get 2 paid maps or 3.....there's still a lot coming.
harishw8r

#4022 Post by harishw8r » 30 Mar 2023 07:44

The other thing I want them not to do is hide the Tioga pass road. It's pointless, IMO.

Also, interested to see what they will do with the free area east of Fresno. Quite sure that they would ditch the fictional connection to Olancha-Tonopah road. I guess they will push the entire CA-99 to the east to make more room for the cities in the west and get a much more detailed Tioga pass, with more remote depots at Fresno.

I would like them to utilize most of the available Sierra Nevada region.
Seerman

#4023 Post by Seerman » 30 Mar 2023 09:33

The Sierra Nevada mod from Reforma was very impressive and showed the beauty of Yosemite, as well as various mountain passes in Nevada and even Death Valley. This was done a long time ago, but modders were already able to show what a truly impressive map could look like.
I translate via Google Translate. Sometimes he does it badly. I beg understand and forgive. :geek:

#4024 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 30 Mar 2023 10:14

SCS wrote:This means we've been able to utilize more of the map to create more road networks, expand city sizes, introduce new industries in the area,
SCS wrote:As you can imagine, a rework of this size has required a lot of work, with new assets, updated industries,
What does this 'new' or 'updated' industries actually mean? It is very easy to read this as: "We get new industries with new prefabs in Central California. New industries implies new companies."
But you can also read this as: "At least two or more of the new industries that came with, say, the Texas DLC will come to Central California. This means no new prefabs and no new companies. It just means that two or more of the new Texas industries will be copied over to Central California."
flight50

#4025 Post by flight50 » 30 Mar 2023 12:35

I read the blog as SCS is reworking some basemap companies to better accommodate today's ATS along with brand new depots. A bit of an overhaul basically. I hope Texas companies don't popup in California. Totally different region. Now Texas prefabs in California as rebrands is something totally different. Rebrand presents new companies. Both new prefabs and new companies mixed in with rebranded prefabs qualifies as a reworked economy for me.

But to say no new companies and no new prefabs when the blog pretty much says new economy, isn't confirmation to know what's coming. If they are overhauling the basemap, I'd rather them take the time and justify it like the newer dlc's do.
Vinnie Terranova

#4026 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 30 Mar 2023 13:09

I hope you are right. But what about Phase 1 and 2 of the California Rebuild? Did those phases have introduced new industries or new companies? As far as I know those phases haven't introduced new industries or companies, although I might be wrong; I haven't driven in northern California for quite some time.
parasaurolophus67

#4027 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 30 Mar 2023 13:11

Well only 1 new company was introduced during the 2nd phase of rebuild.
Vinnie Terranova

#4028 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 30 Mar 2023 13:40

You're right. This new company was Mon Coeur.
oldmanclippy

#4029 Post by oldmanclippy » 30 Mar 2023 14:05

I think the ATS base map companies will get the same treatment that the ETS2 ones did, i.e. a rebrand of their logo and trailers.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
flight50

#4030 Post by flight50 » 30 Mar 2023 14:23

^I'm somewhat okay with that. Much better than Idaho did for the economy. Rebranding is better than nothing at all. As much as I advocate ICCs, even I don't fully expect every new company to be a new prefab. I do rather them change something about the prefabs they copy though. If it's adding, repositioning or removing assets or buildings that are part of a depot.....change something. Color quantity...something more than just a name change.

But I strongly think they can only get away with rebranding a depot only once. They reused 50% of the Western depots in Texas's. That's fine. They should not reuse that same Texas 50% in the MidWest nor the East. Maybe they get away with mire reuse in Canada and Mexico if they get there, but not in the US hopefully.

Return to “General discussion about the game”