Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

TheAmir259

Re: Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

#1551 Post by TheAmir259 » 22 Jan 2022 02:13

Xaagon wrote: 22 Jan 2022 01:18 The blog also mentioned adding Hopland. I'm thinking the hidden road would be CA-175, connecting US-101 to Hopland going over the Russian River on this bridge:
https://www.google.com/maps/@38.9714349 ... 384!8i8192

Alternatively they could give us Old River Road that connects to Talmage (Ukiah suburb) on the east side of the Russian River, but that would be a lot more work... maybe we get both?
That's the thing, they mention about it being a shortcut rather than a one-off hidden road, so your latter proposition might be possible, but for the former, it only connects to Old Hopland, which means that them mentioning the adding Hopland part doesn't mean Hopland is only accessible via this hidden road. In fact the current Hopland is sitting right on US-101 and it fits well to how they usually do scenic towns, which might also include one or two depots.

The only hints they give us so far is that Hopland's possibly the entrance, if not one of the two. And that it is a local shortcut, meaning both ends are connected, thus your latter speculation might actually fit, but as flight50 said, there are plenty of spaces either east or west of the US-101, so i have a feeling that Clear Lake could make it in, but as it currently stands, with no other hints from the pictures, i can say that my speculation for Clear Lake is very weak.
Two wrongs don't make a right, three lefts...do :D
flight50

#1552 Post by flight50 » 22 Jan 2022 02:15

I think some are misunderstanding me on the concrete tubes. Its not a current industry for ATS is what I'm saying. We might have it in ATS but is not a deliverable depot. I'm saying that blog pic sparks desire in me to get a precast concrete depot that we can access and lets haul precast cargo from here vs from a rail yard or random places. Take that precast place next to Vista Power that is in Pueblo Colorado. Upgrade this depot with more detail to be functional as a precast depot. Make another that does drainage precast with a different layout.

[ external image ]
Xaagon

#1553 Post by Xaagon » 22 Jan 2022 03:25

@TheAmir259 In my first read through the blog, I missed the part about "shortcut". Since they said local shortcut, I'm thinking the new winery is possibly closer to Hopland than Ukiah, and the back entrance gets you to Old River Road/CA-175. You're also correct about Hopland being right on US-101. I zeroed in on Old Hopland thinking where else could a hidden road go?

As much as I would love it, I think CA-175 to CA-29 to CA-53 to CA-20 is a bit much... I would rather just have CA-20 from US-101 to I-5. Besides, once CA-175 gets east of Hopland it gets real challenging going over the Mayacamas Range to Lake County. I've taken that road with a box truck, but pulling a long trailer there would be a white-knuckle experience.
fra_ba

#1554 Post by fra_ba » 22 Jan 2022 09:27

Regarding precast depot, importing and modifying the concrete precast factory in ETS2 would be a lot easier. I'm sure it will come soon maybe not with upcoming dlcs but definitely will come
flight50

#1555 Post by flight50 » 22 Jan 2022 14:43

^To be honest, I haven't see that depot but I think that is totally acceptable. Just tweak it for ATS. I don't know if its a much older depot in ETS2 but I know SCS is trying to go modular with prefabs nowadays so that they can fit anywhere. If ETS2 only has precast tubes/pipes on its depot, the one above is still necessary. In the US, they don't make precast tubes/pipes at the same facility as Structural precast. The equipment and the lot itself is different. Now for Structural, I'd combine building and road supports on the same prefab. But pipes need their own facility. Pipes have a huge selection when it comes to drainage and for diversity, SCS really needs at least 2 different precast companies. Just one variant would get way to repetitive. The new wagon industry for ETS2 is amazing. I can see a precast facility for ATS doing something very similar for concrete products. ATS needs to be a lot more innovative like ETS2 prefabs. A precast industry would be one industry in that right direction.

As large as both California and Texas are, there is alwayyyyyyys construction going on. A precast industry would be a huge middle man add company for the construction industry in ATS. Such a depot can go for every since state in ATS. Obviously not all states will need this. We only need so many precast facilities for all of ATS. The cool part about California is that its phased. So a precast company can be made over time and implemented for another part of California. Lets say Southern California. Lets get loads to new construction sites. ATS needs a lot more variations for construction. Artistic creativity can run wild with this particular industry. Again, show some innovation with ATS prefabs. This is the one area of the game that ETS2 stomps ATS...the prefabs are not as innovative imho.

Here is a perfect example of Forterra here in DFW. There lot is huge and no Structural here.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/fort ... !1e3?hl=en

[ external image ]

Same with metal/plastic pipes. We have a steel factory but more metal cargo needs to be made. There are a ton of metal products that can come as cargo. But plastic pipes are non existent. Its another part of the construction industry than can populate the game. I think California can seriously get an overhauled economy. Considering its a base map state, I'd love to see the game greatly improved right at the source state. Over the years, SCS has moved on from California and the others in the base map. SCS doesn't go back and add newer industry/depots since they added deepgrove to Northern California with Oregon. Now is the time to go back and put a huge dent into the missing economy and for some of the most common cargoes hauled in North America. The experiment for ATS is over. Its a platform now. Develop it and develop it good.

I'd love to see SCS get down to business and massively increase ATS's ICCs status. ATS needs more Montana enthusiastic thinking. 8 new industries is mind boggling good. Now all the US is not in place so I understand not having all industries in and that some industry have to be made later. I get that. But as large as ATS is getting now, there are plenty of fill in the blank companies that can make ATS great. Certain industries are just deeper than other. I'd say Agriculture and Construction are the top two. These industry could have a solid 6-12 totally different companies that all contribute to ICCs just for these industries. That is how ICC diversity comes. That is how things gets less repetitive.

Agriculture needs equipment plant, equipment resaler, more crop types (fruits, vegetables, grains and nuts) so more new farms, dedicated grocery stores, bulk produce depots like Central Markets, Costco, Sam's Club, more livestock types (pork, poultry, turkey, eggs).

Construction needs more road work construction variants (surface streets and bridges), more buildings being constructed at various stages of completions, several building material companies (piping, insulation, drywall, plywood, roofing), sand quarry, limestone quarry, precast concrete (as mentioned above), contractor's construction company that houses sky cranes/track cranes and other large equipment ( as staging depot for contractor services).

There is a lot of wasted space behind XXXXX barricades in remote areas. Certain prefabs just make sense to populate things and tag them to nearby mapped cities. There should not be a cap limit on how many depots a city can have. That number should not be so defined but making proper industry to add as many deliver sites should be the focus for ICCs. I don't think people would mind one bit if provided the means to explore more of the map with a purpose. Same roads....yes people tire of them. Give people a reason to revisiting older areas. Add depots behind XXXXX barricades for remote economy. Agriculture, logging, quarries/mining, oil/gas, energy industry (wind, solar, gas, nuclear)....a lot of different industries can populate ATS outside of town centers where there is more space and no scale issues. Non functional prefabs in space can always be replaced by more usable and functional prefabs. Non functional depots just fill in space. Fill in ATS as much as possible and the game is given a lot more life for exploration and cargo delivering.
Bedavd

#1556 Post by Bedavd » 22 Jan 2022 19:21

@Xaagon The winery (or at least one) is just east of Ukiah I'm pretty sure. The entrance in pic 2 has the big Burger sign in the far background which is right next to the gas station on Perkins and Oak Manor.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
Xaagon

#1557 Post by Xaagon » 23 Jan 2022 01:25

@Bedavd Good eye. I'm not sure which winery this vineyard is connected to. That land was used for a pear tree orchard the last time I lived in Ukiah, at least the part at Perkins and Oak Manor - east of the river was and still is vineyards. The amount of detail in Picture 2 indicates that this is where the new depot is likely to be.

In reality, vineyards in the Ukiah Valley can be found north, east, and south of town.
hangman005

#1558 Post by hangman005 » 23 Jan 2022 13:59

I get so excited seeing these blogs, I love to see them bringing the base game up todays standard. It's at least as exciting at new DLC.
LATrucker

#1559 Post by LATrucker » 23 Jan 2022 14:04

What I also like about the blog post, is the fact, that there're now three possible topics we'll see regular blog posts about. As @hangman005 said, I really look forward to the next posts. That's almost like a new DLC and not "only" a rework of the base map.
axl135

#1560 Post by axl135 » 23 Jan 2022 19:24

I do hope we will see more California blog posts, one for each of the following cities:
  • Eureka
  • Redding
  • Sacramento
  • Truckee
  • San Raphael replacement
In addition, more sneak peaks of Donner Pass will be appreciated as well.

Return to “General discussion about the game”