Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

Rockatansky6

Re: Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

#3991 Post by Rockatansky6 » 27 Mar 2023 19:34

Either way, it means we're pretty close to Phase 3, and it also means it's going to be huge.
Calibuddy99

#3992 Post by Calibuddy99 » 27 Mar 2023 19:38

Unfortunately, it appears they have edited it out of the changelog.
Nothing to say here anymore.
Bandit & The Snowman

#3993 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 27 Mar 2023 21:14

Not much of a loss since it was meant to be internal info from the start. I'm not worried that it's not available yet, it'll come to the appropriate beta when it's ready and that means when SCS and external beta testers have done their work and at least the game-breaking bugs have been fixed.
clifflandmark

#3994 Post by clifflandmark » 27 Mar 2023 23:07

I don't know what all these Fresno speculation about. Does it mean a confirmation? Let's say it is! If Lake Tahoe and Carson City is certain for phase 3, we can foresee where they move on. Then there must be 2 options for phase 3 :

1)Carson City - Lake Tahoe - Bay Area ??? ( A trailer of what should customers expect from SCS, will they open more space for bay area through using pacific ocean) [same thing for LA)
2)Carson City - Lake Tahoe - Fresno - Yosemite ??? (What if they omit Yosemite? Could it open more space for Fresno? Maybe more space for scenic towns like Lee Vinning)

Both options require effort and I don't think they can fit it into 1.47.
Last edited by clifflandmark on 27 Mar 2023 23:08, edited 1 time in total.
flight50

#3995 Post by flight50 » 27 Mar 2023 23:08

LATrucker wrote: 27 Mar 2023 19:26 I don't think it was inteded to be in the public changelog... I think it was something from an internal build.
The rework is way to big and needs to be in the open beta from day one, because in an area with this size there'll be a lot of potential bugs and this will take some time to find them.

But this entries could mean that it'll be at least ready for 1.48 and that's great too :)
I'm starting to wonder though. Considering 1.47 will not bring a map dlc, phase 3 can come late open beta1.47 or once 1.47 drops. That gives SCS time to work the rebuild bugs until 1.48. When 1.48 comes, they will have Texas 2.0 + Oklahoma bugs. Pile one phase 3......nowwwww that's too much to handle for 1.48. Oklahoma alone is much larger than phase 3.

I can't rule out phase 3 for 1.47 with that post Votja posted....even if it was by accident. It could have just been premature.
Rockatansky6

#3996 Post by Rockatansky6 » 27 Mar 2023 23:18

I was thinking the same thing. That would be California Phase 3 + Ocklahoma + Texas 2.0 a lot for 1.48.
But I also think a lot, 1.47 beta with California, and in the blog post, they said that they would show more things about Phase 3.
I mean, it's all very confusing right now.

But whatever they release is fine with me.
:D :D :D
rbsanford

#3997 Post by rbsanford » 28 Mar 2023 01:11

I doubt Phase III is coming with 1.47. We're talking about a big overhaul with this phase, with a rework to the Bay Area, a rework to the northern half of the San Joaquin Valley (at least), at least one whole new road (US 50's missing link, and who knows what else), maybe some of US 395 (not confirmed, but there are strong signs of it), and hopefully a redone Carson City to help with the US 50 and 395 changes. Plus, they plan to dripfeed a lot of this information over the course of several blog posts, like they do with map DLCs and they did with Phase II, so that'll probably be a couple months of hype building, and I can't imagine 1.47's OB would last that long. Also, when was the last time such a large change was added into an update during the OB?

All this considered, I'm thinking Phase III is 1.48. I also don't see why the Texas additions and compatibility for OK would be too much on top of it; it would be a big update, but that just means a longer OB (unless there are very few bugs). It's not like OK has a deadline (as far as we know, but IIRC, DLCs release when they're ready).
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
flight50

#3998 Post by flight50 » 28 Mar 2023 04:43

There's always a target for each map dlc. For the most part, its Summer and early Fall for ATS. This target is internal. Pavel always has an idea on what he'd like to shoot for release. Hard cut deadlines are only known once they pencil in the target time frame and bugs are worked out.

Now the reworks.......now those don't have deadlines. Those release when they are ready. Map dlc's on the other hand are paid content so they fall under different circumstances. Prime example is both Montana and Texas. They both took members from the rebuild to get them out last year. This pushed the reworks to no target and no deadline until a much later day which should be this year at some point. While the 2 paid maps had targets/deadlines to meet, reworks can be done when time permits. There's less commitment to reworks than that of paid maps.

Worse case, yeah the reworks release 1.48. Its what I've gone with before 1.47ob released. But like I'd mentioned, me personally, I won't rule it out for 1.47. I typically don't follow the crowd here and judge for myself based of many factors. There's been a few times when I had a hunch about something when some think I'm totally off. I tend to stick to my guns of possibilities. Phase 3 is not impossible to come with 1.47 though. Improbably yes but not impossible. With the way SCS can easily patch the game via updates, I don't put anything past them.

Another huge possibility for 1.48 is the game engine update. Add that onto all the map parts and that does a lot to the team. 1) lonnnng beta 2) tons of bug reports coming than usual. 25+ pages of bugs 3) it pushes Oklahoma much further out if there's a lot of bugs to work out. If they want to pile everything into 1.48, that's their choice of course. But sounds like a butt load of work coming if 1.48 will be one of those massive updates. Could easily be 1.5 to 2 Gigs or more if all those map changes plus the engine update comes. Even the VNL is in the mix for 1.48 in my opinon.
Seerman

#3999 Post by Seerman » 28 Mar 2023 07:09

It's hard for me to imagine what San Francisco will look like after the rework. I can say that for this game, the current version looks very good.
I translate via Google Translate. Sometimes he does it badly. I beg understand and forgive. :geek:

#4000 Post by Tristman » 28 Mar 2023 07:25

Unless they start pumping out California blogs like crazy, I don’t think it’s happening for 1.47. Heck, even if they do, I don’t think the OB will last long enough.

Return to “General discussion about the game”