Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

#3201 Post by flight50 » 30 Sep 2022 12:24

There no realistic way to get to Hawaii from the main land. Its the one state that makes zero sense in current ATS. Not sure why Hawaii is even mentioned here when there is a ton to do for the base map. You all are setting up for disappointment really.
gandalf7472000

#3202 Post by gandalf7472000 » 30 Sep 2022 12:36

one can dream :lol:
There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand the world. There is no such thing as a dumb question.

Carl Sagan
oldmanclippy

#3203 Post by oldmanclippy » 30 Sep 2022 13:39

I'm not saying I want Hawaii (it's not on my wishlist at all really), I just don't know what else is base-map related after
Looking even further into the future, we plan on revisiting several states and we may even bring something extra special (which is so secret, they wouldn't even tell me what it was!).
@flight50 I-80 is part of the revisiting, Chico isn't so extra special that they wouldn't even tell Alex about it, etc. The "we may even bring something extra special" is separate from "revisiting several states". It is likely referring to something we haven't even thought of because like I said I can't even think of anything besides Hawaii which itself seems unlikely.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
hangman005

#3204 Post by hangman005 » 30 Sep 2022 14:39

Maybe they are giving us a future version of LA... after it's dropped into the ocean :lol:
ATS HQ: Las Vegas, NV
ETS HQ: Innsbruck, Austria
Promods Euro HQ: Reykjavik, Iceland
Trakaplex

#3205 Post by Trakaplex » 30 Sep 2022 16:07

I was thinking Santa Catalina island, and a lot of you are saying it is too small. Agreed. Hawaii seems too unlikely. Or as I said, maybe they're trespassing on paid DLC territory... they were working on New Mexico during the rescale...

Honestly, a 1:10 Hawaii would be dope, but on a separate map, just like the UK.
Last edited by Trakaplex on 30 Sep 2022 16:10, edited 1 time in total.
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation
Gormanbros

#3206 Post by Gormanbros » 30 Sep 2022 16:10

Yeah, I still think it's probably not connected to the base map. It was mentioned after talking about revisiting several states.
Trakaplex

#3207 Post by Trakaplex » 30 Sep 2022 16:13

hangman005 wrote: 30 Sep 2022 14:39 Maybe they are giving us a future version of LA... after it's dropped into the ocean :lol:
2012? :lol: This is too mysterious what they are mentioning. Many of us do say Hawaii, because it's within the country. First of all @oldmanclippy proved it's not a revision of an existing area...
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation
Bedavd

#3208 Post by Bedavd » 30 Sep 2022 17:03

I could see it maybe being adding just Tijuana (or Tijuana and Mexicali + Federal Highway 2D) to the basemap with the San Diego/El Centro rework. That would be really cool and certain "special", a "surprise" and something they might keep from Alex for the time being.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
oldmanclippy

#3209 Post by oldmanclippy » 30 Sep 2022 19:12

Yeah that could be it, just a taste of Mexico. That would make particular sense if they ended up changing course and decided to venture into Mexico before the lower 48 was finished, as a sort of in-game advertisement for the first Mexico DLC. Techincally Baja California is small enough to where they could add it to the base map if they wanted. If they did some planning for Mexico and realized that Baja was the odd man out so to speak, then adding it to the base map could make sense.

I don't want to hype up a large free addition to the base map as being what that blog was referencing though. SCS made no such promise and it's very likely that that reference could be something much smaller.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
angrybirdseller

#3210 Post by angrybirdseller » 30 Sep 2022 19:57

Mexico makes sense while Hawaii waste of resources and space as your going to ferry around. Tijuana to Cailcun is doable even with potholes of the libre roads if you need go to town. Mexico be more interesting drive then Canada as biome diversity, and if you want midsize cities and large your good to go with tolls and highways, but small villages better have your steering wheel in tiptop shape and know how to negotiate very narrow roads.

Return to “General discussion about the game”