Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

#1531 Post by flight50 » 15 Jan 2022 01:10

One thing I realized when playing Sierra Nevada that was the most important for me was....it was fun. It made driving the mod irresistible and made going into the base map that more fun. I never hesitated going into the base map when I ran SN and PaZz Mod. I don't run them anymore so I don't run the base map as the result. So for me, SCS needs to make it fun. They did a great job with Colorado. Colorado is a great example as to what California can be like where applicable. Diverse terrain with good elevation changes but with a killer economy in place this time. SCS should not be afraid to make their map a tad unrealistic a bit more to bring that fun factor. I'm not saying Mexico Extremo exaggeration but Google Maps is not 1:20 friendly. SCS definitely has to use some artistic liberties as @Xaagon stated.

When all of California is done, its going to be great to play the Xmas event every year. I'd rather not be so selective on where I go.....just go. If the entire map is good quality, I don't care where I end up.
Trucker Nik

#1533 Post by Trucker Nik » 21 Jan 2022 14:36

What's with this new post from SCS on twitter about Reskin California? I don't understand why scs posted a new photo today, when we got the blog almost a month ago
parasaurolophus67

#1534 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 21 Jan 2022 14:38

because they want to post a blog of one today. So why not?
flight50

#1535 Post by flight50 » 21 Jan 2022 15:01

Ahhhhhh yeah. Come on California. We can never have to many map blogs. It doesn't matter if they already blogged California or not. Its a phased project so multiple blogs. It should be looked at like a dlc at this point anyways. Bring as many blogs as possible. Considering its a rework, SCS can reveal more and talk about more. Secrets are out the door when it comes to things existing already. Dlc's are the blog where you don't want to show everything but a rework, things are different.

If we got a blog today, I wonder if it could be covering cities or the new economy. Those are the two main things I'm most interested in for California. Based on the xmas stream, I'm still under the impression that SCS just went back to the drawing board and are preparing for a complete rebuild or pretty darn close to it. Please just fill in Northern California with CA-99 extending North and connect to I-5. This is the very least that should happen. CA-20 connecting I-5 to I-80 is the bonus to fill in that gap. Northern California should be denser than it is though.

Once SCS revealed that Austria for ETS2 will be a complete rebuild, I don't see why all 3 base maps for ATS can't be rebuild. Much less to rebuild than ETS2 so it should be a no brainer situation to also completely upgrade ATS. Just refresh it all instead of trying to mismatch things to make it work. Less conflicts with older assets at that point. If all California cities are getting reworked/rebuilt, so should all the cities in Nevada and Arizona imho. With the exception of Tonopah and the street layout in Vegas. But Vegas itself, can use better models in some cases. Update I-15 for the new stadium and all is good. Mapping West Vegas for more accurate industry would be nice but that makes Vegas huge. There is space though.

I want to see improved economy for the entire base map for sure. Texas and Wyoming industries can be included where applicable industry applies. So there is time to get there. Texas and Montana will release wayyyy ahead of Nevada and Arizona rebuilds. So not only can they get Montana and Texas economy, but I'm sure by the time SCS gets to Arizona and Nevada, that even newer things from Oklahoma, Kansas, Louisiana and Arkansas can be in the mix if they are w.i.p. at the same time. Things will be heating up for 2022-2023 though.
Rockatansky6

#1536 Post by Rockatansky6 » 21 Jan 2022 15:27

I haven't stopped updating the SCS blog since they posted about a possible California blog. Looking forward to it.
axl135

#1537 Post by axl135 » 21 Jan 2022 15:48

For me, exploring a gradually rebuilt base map will be as exciting as exploring new, additional states. I anticipate the three original states will eventually be a far cry from how they were when I first started playing ATS five years ago.
flight50

#1539 Post by flight50 » 21 Jan 2022 16:06

Ahhhh yeah. There it is, lol. Let see what's baking. @Xaagon You are gonna love this blog, lol.

Such an improvement. I was just saying...just revamp all the base map. That is the best way to just bring it all up to current standards. Piecing things together is just as time consuming so might as well just start from scratch and get the best possible results. The base map is the first thing people buy or demo play with. If its exactly what dlc's are.......its a no brainer to buy more. So I seriously hope SCS just bites the bullet for next the 4-5 years and rebuild in phases while making at least 3 paid dlc's. 3 paid dlc's will cover all the free rebuilds much better than 2 paid map teams. So SCS, shoot for 3 paid map teams and not 2 paid and 2 rebuild team. I'd love to see ATS not get canceled. There is a butt load of land to still make, including Canada and Mexico. There are 4 map leads. Put 3 leads over 3 paid maps please.

Now this blog. Should be a lot of fun for you all figuring these locations out. Pic 2, I love this look. I soooo hope California has plenty of this to bring that part of industry into play. I-5 and CA-99 has this stuff. I did notice the blog said "one of the vineyards". So did SCS figure out a way to get multiple vineyards into one city? Do we have a new company vineyard? If ATS now has 2 vineyard companies, that would be sweet. That's another step in the right direction for diversity. If not, then the blog is misleading and my hopes got shot. Vineyards should pretty much be one offs imo just like airports and ports.

I can say that in all the pics, in the background, what a relief to see the mountains/hills get updated. The base map mountains/hills drags the scenery down for sure. Definitely improvement with vegetation and terrain. Looks refreshed for sure. If we can get the remainder of Northern California (North of I-80), in this next update, that would get a huge portion of California playable again for many people. The other big plus I like seeing is the improved on/off ramps. They are so steep in California. Some so steep that I can never see the road below ahead for a brief moment. Glad SCS got better here after California and Nevada. Arizona they started getting better but they are great now.

Pic 5 Ahh SCS why you teasing me like this, lol. I am sure the precast prefab is not functional but ATS seriously needs this industry to come to life for trucking for construction. Construction and Agriculture can be huge industries in ATS. We have cargo for it but no place of origin for it. Please bring this industry. Precast is national and all ATS needs is just one company and it works for the entire game. Any state can bring this industry. Make 2-3 variants to take place for any city that has precast components. One for concrete tubes/pipes and another version for concrete bridge, slabs and other building structures like tilt walls and panels. There's a solid 12+ loads that are very simple models that can get added for this industry. Models should be taxing at all to create or be too much for performance.

Forterra or American Concrete Products for precast tubes
Banagher (Not American but example only) for precast structures

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Marcello Julio

#1540 Post by Marcello Julio » 21 Jan 2022 17:07

I read the blog, absolutely amazed by the Ukiah rework! Nothing has been reused from the current Ukiah!

Return to “General discussion about the game”