Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

rbsanford

Re: Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

#2561 Post by rbsanford » 21 May 2022 15:54

I can see Bodie being more of an unmarked scenic area, like Garden of the Gods. It really doesn't look like there's anything to deliver to there.

Route 66 between Ludlow and Fenner would also be great. It wouldn't have much logistical use, but it would pass through the ghost towns of Amboy and Chambless, would bypass the weigh stations on I-40, and is, of course, Route 66.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
Optional Features

#2562 Post by Optional Features » 21 May 2022 16:41

angrybirdseller wrote: 21 May 2022 10:19 Agreed, they won't re-scale the map or make new game as that would require all new licenses and it would make alot users existing ATS unhappy.
Where did you hear that a new game requires all new licenses? Do you have proof of this, or is this just another rumor that has become fact?

Farming Sim releases a new game every two or three years, and I am almost certain they don't need a new license from John Deere or MAN (or this time Mack) every time. And even if they do, the process to acquire it is not nearly the same as the first time.
xXCARL1992Xx

#2563 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 21 May 2022 16:45

Every game in the World, as a laywer you would be stupid to give out a perpetual license *cough*EA and Porsche*cough*, and truck manufacturer even more so because they dont have to deal with this on a regular basis like a car manufacturer, why do you think Rockstar castrated GTA games after years in regards to music, or why do you think every Forza game except for Horizon 4 and 5 isnt purchaseable anymore digitaly
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
halbtollekreatur

#2564 Post by halbtollekreatur » 21 May 2022 18:46

rbsanford wrote: 21 May 2022 15:54 I can see Bodie being more of an unmarked scenic area, like Garden of the Gods. It really doesn't look like there's anything to deliver to there.

Route 66 between Ludlow and Fenner would also be great. It wouldn't have much logistical use, but it would pass through the ghost towns of Amboy and Chambless, would bypass the weigh stations on I-40, and is, of course, Route 66.
Agree. Or Bodie could be a rest area like Crater Lake...
Vinnie Terranova

#2565 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 21 May 2022 19:07

Rescaling eastern US is one solution to fit more cities and roads. But there might be another thing that can be very helpful in the east: cut planes. A nice example of the use of cut planes is, I think, viewing the skyline of San Francisco from the I-580; this skyline is just a texture and can only be seen from the I-580. When you drive in the north of San Francisco you should be able to see the I-580 and not this texture of the skyline.

Cut planes cannot be used for the problem that two cities are close to each other. But they might be of help when two parallel roads are close together?
xXCARL1992Xx

#2566 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 21 May 2022 19:10

a cut plane hides everything that is behind it, so it isnt rendered from players view to save resources, it wouldnt help at all, you would just create a void
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
oldmanclippy

#2567 Post by oldmanclippy » 21 May 2022 20:01

seriousmods wrote: 21 May 2022 16:41 Where did you hear that a new game requires all new licenses? Do you have proof of this, or is this just another rumor that has become fact?

Farming Sim releases a new game every two or three years, and I am almost certain they don't need a new license from John Deere or MAN (or this time Mack) every time. And even if they do, the process to acquire it is not nearly the same as the first time.
Technically it's possible that when negotiating these licensing deals, SCS paid for "this game plus a potential future next one", but I am skeptical that they could pull that off with one brand let alone all of them. And even if the brands were willing to do that, why pay more for that potential future game when it's not a sure thing? Yes, this is likely just rumor / common sense that became "truth" so it's possible that it's wrong, but I feel pretty good about this one. It's also possible that Oscar said this at one point and it's been repeated ad nauseam since.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
Optional Features

#2568 Post by Optional Features » 21 May 2022 20:56

@oldmanclippy Yeah, I don't know either way: I just love how some forum members make everything seem set in stone/impossible lol.

Like we had a discussion about flat tires recently, and it turned out that the reasoning wasn't as concrete as some have let on. Just kinda funny.
JoeAlex23

#2569 Post by JoeAlex23 » 21 May 2022 22:53

It's simple, when it comes to games with licensed vehicles, each new game tittle requires new licenses deals, sometimes you can get a deal that let you pay the same amount for each new tittle under the same "series" of games, sometimes they increase the price, sometimes you have to pay again to renew the licenses after a few years or sometimes they just say no, each manufacturer has different politics, but the point is, new game = new licenses deals, that's just how it works.

Cars manufacturers can be more flexible since they are used to deal with licenses, but truck manufacturers are a different animal since there are very few games with licensed trucks.
SouthernMan

#2570 Post by SouthernMan » 22 May 2022 14:08

About resizing the map: Why do people still discuss this? Like, I have a little experience with map edits, there's no way SCS can do that... There is no "let's scale the map and that's it". To "reescale" the map, they would literally have to do it all over again. To increase the size of the map, it's not like many people think that just using a command automatically increases the scale, the roads get longer... There's no such thing.
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.

Return to “General discussion about the game”