Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

Tristman

Re: Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

#2711 Post by Tristman » 20 Jun 2022 17:43

As scenery, I think there's no problem in adding it. But having military cargo deliverable and military bases to visit and such, is probably what they would be reluctant about.
flight50

#2712 Post by flight50 » 20 Jun 2022 19:00

seriousmods wrote: 20 Jun 2022 16:14
flight50 wrote: 20 Jun 2022 15:26 That aircraft depot....that's military, not civilian. We don't get military anything in this game. It doesn't belong in ATS at this time. Unless SCS provided a military industry...it stays out.
That doesn't make sense, but SCS is good at that kind of thing lol.

Heart of Russia was going to have military monuments everywhere, which have no impact on trucking, but the US gets no bases which are a huge source of cargo for truckers.
Military is political. I can bet you SCS keeps away from anything like that which is exactly why we don't have it. Huge source of cargo or not, its political. Find other sources. There 100+ sources I've identified and not much is military at all. Not to mention, mapping a military base in a somewhat accurate location in a game is another way to be targeted I'm sure. The world is crazy. Don't make it any easier for people.
Optional Features

#2713 Post by Optional Features » 20 Jun 2022 19:37

Everything is political in that regard. Logging is political; mines are political; big diesel engines are political; cattle trailers are political.

All of those are included in the game.
Optional Features

#2714 Post by Optional Features » 20 Jun 2022 19:38

Vinnie Terranova wrote: 20 Jun 2022 17:36 I believe in ATS in the Nevada desert there are some military aircrafts flying? I see no problem with this big military graveyard in Tucson.
Yes, I believe fighter jets are part of the base game animated vehicles.
clifflandmark

#2715 Post by clifflandmark » 20 Jun 2022 21:01

You could say it would be political in ETS but lower 48 is miles away from wars - at least in 21st century. The ones fly over Nevada are F22's. And yes they're animated.whoever modeled these animated fighter jets has chosen the latest technology of US. ;)

I don't care whether there will be Deliverable military cargo. I don't think it's priority compared to the necessary ones.I just say Iconic places like boneyard are important and since they're out of service with their engines removed, it can't be considered political.

Edit : I think shooters prefer schools instead of military bases.
Even a psycho attempt such a thing to a military base, it won't prefer to receive info from ATS. :mrgreen:
Optional Features

#2716 Post by Optional Features » 20 Jun 2022 21:07

I don't really expect deliverable military cargo either, but it would be nice if some of the bases were included at scale. It's just another place to drop off cargo, something this game desperately needs.
oldmanclippy

#2717 Post by oldmanclippy » 20 Jun 2022 21:07

If there are war memorials, tanks, airplanes, etc alongside roads that are going to be in the game regardless, then of course SCS should model them. Going out of the way to create roads to get to a military-related depot, probably not gonna happen but the whole fighter jets flying over Nevada thing was an example of "going out of their way to add it", so I don't think dismissing the possibility is reasonable unless Pavel has said post-Nevada that such things won't be added anymore.

But yes, everything in these games have political connections, some more or less overt than others. I-94 being built through St. Paul was highly controversial due to the community it split in half and destroyed. Tons of similar stories across the Interstate Highway System. Doesn't mean ATS is glorifying those negative consequences. Beyond the Baltic Sea has memorials to the Red Army. Some of the oil we deliver in-game is probably from shall we say less palatable countries in the Gulf region. This road sign pointing to Vukovar will surely make it into West Balkans https://www.google.com/maps/@45.5542884 ... 312!8i6656. Doesn't mean the game is supporting any of the bad things related to those. Reality is filled with reminders of the less pleasant parts of human history. A trucking game meant to replicate countries should be no different as long as it keeps the age rating the same. You cannot make a trucking game with any sort of accuracy without making it political.

Now do we need to deliver stuff in direct support of any country's military? Probably not necessary. But if something like that is visible from the road, it should be included as scenic. Hence the military memorials that are all over the US, Russia, Poland, etc in-game.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
flight50

#2718 Post by flight50 » 20 Jun 2022 22:49

seriousmods wrote: 20 Jun 2022 19:37 Everything is political in that regard. Logging is political; mines are political; big diesel engines are political; cattle trailers are political.

I'm not sure why I even attempted to explain this. If you say its political.....its political. Things that can be controversial is what SCS will void. We have livestock trailers but no slaughterhouse. Why? Another thing SCS wants to avoid. I'm not SCS but I can provide a few options as to how they think based on what we have or not have. Topics they won't engage in. Questions they won't answer. Take it with a grain of salt. If SCS had no issues with certain things, they'd be in the game already.
Optional Features

#2719 Post by Optional Features » 20 Jun 2022 22:57

flight50 wrote: 20 Jun 2022 22:49
seriousmods wrote: 20 Jun 2022 19:37 Everything is political in that regard. Logging is political; mines are political; big diesel engines are political; cattle trailers are political.

I'm not sure why I even attempted to explain this. If you say its political.....its political. Things that can be controversial is what SCS will void. We have livestock trailers but no slaughterhouse. Why? Another thing SCS wants to avoid. I'm not SCS but I can provide a few options as to how they think based on what we have or not have. Topics they won't engage in. Questions they won't answer. Take it with a grain of salt. If SCS had no issues with certain things, they'd be in the game already.
I'm not disagreeing with you: I'm just saying it doesn't make sense. The game's audience isn't people who are offended by slaughterhouses or diesel engines or military bases, so it makes no sense to avoid these things in their limited inclusion in a digital product. Farming Sim ran into the same issue with pigs. In fact, PETA itself got involved when pigs were added to the game.

https://www.pcgamer.com/farming-simulat ... slaughter/

GIANTS' response? Ignore them. PETA members likely don't play farming sim, and farming sim players probably understand that a slaughterhouse is how we turn a pig into bacon. SCS often tries to please everyone (with things like catering the game to people whose computers can barely run an operating system): they should instead focus on the customers (potential and existing) that bring in the cash.
flight50

#2720 Post by flight50 » 21 Jun 2022 01:59

SCS's biggest issue is they worry about the PEGI 3 rating to much that it gets disappointing to have broken links in the cargo chain. I've learned to just accept it at this point. I stopped digging up cargo. There's plenty on this site that hasn't come yet so stretching in directions that aren't in the game yet, I just won't go there. I try to keep positive for PEGI 3 content. But deep down, sure I'll take military, slaughter houses and whatever else. A mod will get that stuff it if they want it all on SCS's platform. Whether SCS likes it or not, a mod can find a way. The same as I see truck licenses. But with trucks, I think its more on SCS than the manufacturers or what people like to think. If SCS doesn't want to go after x,y,z....they won't. If they don't want to pay for this or that, if they don't think they can get proper references....they won't bother. I've never seen them flat out say no they will never do an old truck.....example K100 ( a COE). If a manufacturer approaches them, different story. The truck roster for 18WoS is nice. That is what people expected from the jump. No licensed trucks in 18WoS but we know what they are. It cost money to make money though. Pavel is just cautious on things we can't make sense of. Pavel doesn't come on here to read anything but other devs do. Whether a good chunk of things get back to Pavel is anyone's guess.

Return to “General discussion about the game”