Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

Optional Features

Re: Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

#2721 Post by Optional Features » 21 Jun 2022 02:17

Yeah, I would agree with you. Pavel seems to run SCS more than manage it, meaning even internally it doesn't seem like people have freedom to go wild.

I definitely see all the limitations on the player side as his doing as well, but what do we do. We have money. We'd like to pay for things that they won't sell. So we keep our money or spend it elsewhere.
Vinnie Terranova

#2722 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 21 Jun 2022 06:01

flight50 wrote: 21 Jun 2022 01:59I try to keep positive for PEGI 3 content. But deep down, sure I'll take military, slaughter houses and whatever else.
Why is SCS sticking to this PEGI 3 rating? I think it has nothing to do with the players themselves, because I don't think there are 6 year old childs who are playing ATS (or ETS2). Or are there 6 year old childs who play ATS? It's possible. As a child I played with truck toys. I can imagine that there are childs now that play ATS. Especially if dad has a computer with steering wheel, then I think it's very possible that a 6 year old child plays ATS. I recently saw a young child playing in a simulator driving a car into a new tunnel that is being build.

Now, what about a slaughterhouse in ATS? Normally we just drive with our truck with trailer attached to a company and then drop that trailer. In case of a slaughterhouse we would just drive there and drop (or get) our trailer. Gameplay-wise it's just another prefab we can get a job from / finish a job.
But what would a slaughterhouse prefab look like? Ofcourse it will consist of one, or more likely a few, buildings. But will we see more? Like hooks where pigs can be hanged? Or even several rows of pigs hanging on those hooks? That kind of stuff certainly isn't suitable for young childs.
But even if we didn't see hooks or hanging pigs, cows, etc, then still a child could ask daddy: 'What is that building over there?' And daddy would have to explain what this building is for. He has to explain that this building is used for killing pigs, cows, chickens, etc. And exactly this makes slaughterhouses not suitable for a PEGI 3 game, despite a 6 year old child is able to play ATS.
Vinnie Terranova

#2724 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 21 Jun 2022 07:31

I used 6 years as an example for PEGI 3, as a 7 years old child can play PEGI 7 games.
Optional Features

#2725 Post by Optional Features » 21 Jun 2022 07:42

Vinnie Terranova wrote: 21 Jun 2022 06:01 Now, what about a slaughterhouse in ATS? Normally we just drive with our truck with trailer attached to a company and then drop that trailer. In case of a slaughterhouse we would just drive there and drop (or get) our trailer. Gameplay-wise it's just another prefab we can get a job from / finish a job.
But what would a slaughterhouse prefab look like? Ofcourse it will consist of one, or more likely a few, buildings. But will we see more? Like hooks where pigs can be hanged? Or even several rows of pigs hanging on those hooks? That kind of stuff certainly isn't suitable for young childs.
Unless a different prefab team made the slaughterhouse, it would be a box with a nice sign on the side and a couple cardboard boxes out front. The likelihood SCS would include any extreme detail such as hanging pigs is near zero.
LeGod7

#2726 Post by LeGod7 » 21 Jun 2022 09:57

I'm a vegetarian and certainly have no love for slaughterhouses, but would have no problem with them being included in the game as it is supposed to be depicting real life as much as possible. They wouldn't need to show anything gruesome anyway.
As a van driver irl I have delivered to one before, albeit just dropping a package off at the front gate. From the outside it just looked like a normal warehouse building so I don't see why that can't be replicated in game.

Back on topic, would also love to see the plane boneyard near Tucson make it into the game even if it was just as visible scenery from the highway.
Bandit & The Snowman

#2727 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 21 Jun 2022 10:46

Yeah and for once the stone age DC10 we already have everywhere in the game would fit the scenery :lol:
clifflandmark

#2728 Post by clifflandmark » 21 Jun 2022 11:05

:lol: :lol:

I remember the first time I realize that "the meat I eat was living once" :

I was just 6 years old.We were visiting elders in a village. They served chicken.After meal, I went down to the garden and saw a severed rooster head on the ground and again went upstairs and ask villagers "which dishonoured killed this rooster ! "
Chief of the village replied : "you just ate it here."

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I think 7 age is OK for realizing slaughterhouse reality.Also, they dont have to animate slaughtered sheeps cows pigs etc.
Quark

#2729 Post by Quark » 21 Jun 2022 11:32

Wold14 wrote: 21 Jun 2022 09:57 I'm a vegetarian and certainly have no love for slaughterhouses, but would have no problem with them being included in the game as it is supposed to be depicting real life as much as possible. They wouldn't need to show anything gruesome anyway.
As a van driver irl I have delivered to one before, albeit just dropping a package off at the front gate. From the outside it just looked like a normal warehouse building so I don't see why that can't be replicated in game.
Agreed, and i'm glad that you bring that up here. So many people also in this forum like i could read here several times in the past think that a vegetarian/vegan is automatically part of this stupid cancel culture and stuff and wants to see everything banned that doesn't fit into his own scheme. Cancel culture is a LOUD minority disconnected from reality, nothing more nothing less and people should finally realize that most people who choose to live in a kind of other way are often just like you.
(and same is true for other "minorities" that are often scolded). I myself am neither vegetarian nor vegan but have indeed my problems with certain aspects of mass livestock farming and also the transport of the animals is worthy of some criticism and still, i see it just like you. Its about depicting real life and you won't indeed see anything gruesome anyways.
LeGod7

#2730 Post by LeGod7 » 21 Jun 2022 11:41

Completely agree, I despise cancel culture.

Return to “General discussion about the game”