Fergo Virtual Button Box [0.2a - 14/04/2020]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Fergo

Re: Fergo Virtual Button Box [0.2a - 14/04/2020]

#21 Post by Fergo » 28 Jul 2020 18:47

Bazinga861 wrote: 08 Jul 2020 08:28 Hey Fergo. I’ve been playing ets for about 8 years and always been jealous of those YouTubers with all their button box’s so I’m really happy that you produced this one. I downloaded and installed it last night so I have only used the template and have lots to learn about it once I’ve mastered it I am hoping it will work a dream and increase my gameplay experience. A big thank you to you and anyone else involved in creating this. I’m not in a financial state to support you but hope you are getting the support you need to keep developing this vbb and that it will stay for some time.

Question:
Can I map buttons from other games to work with this vbb. I play Farming Sim 19 aswell and was wondering if it be possible me to map keys used in that game to work on this vbb.

Many thanks
Bazinga
Thanks for the kind words!
Yes, you can use it with whatever software you want, as it simply simulate keypresses. Just set up the same keys in your other games and you should be good to go.

Stoa wrote: 27 Jul 2020 09:33 I took the liberty of editing the source of the template editor, and removing the font check. I unexpectedly found that, although the font is installed, it could still not load it, and as a result the dropdown list with icons is just a list of black dots. Hope it helps you some with resolving the problem, but for now i can use most of the template editor features!
I might have messed up the font that I uploaded to the github page. Can you confirm that the font "Fergo ETS2" is installed on your system? Also, check if the ".css" of the webpage uses "Fergo ETS2" as its font.
I was away for a couple of months and I'm only now returning to ETS2, so I'll have to catch up with things again.

Thanks!
Stoa

#22 Post by Stoa » 31 Jul 2020 10:54

> Can you confirm that the font "Fergo ETS2" is installed on your system?
It is indeed. The prompt works fine, and so does installing it. It seems like the detection of the font's presence is where it goes wrong. Both when checking for it at start up, and using it in the template editor.

> Also, check if the ".css" of the webpage uses "Fergo ETS2" as its font.
Funnily, i had no problems seeing the icons on the actual button box. It might be another clue to the cause of the issue
Stoa

#23 Post by Stoa » 27 Aug 2020 19:38

@Fergo, today i started the buttonbox after not playing ETS for a week and it crashes immediately upon clicking "launch server", any idea how i can troubleshoot this?
EDIT: After changing the port to a different one it worked fine again.
TazMania720

#24 Post by TazMania720 » 16 Sep 2020 15:36

I found this thread in my search for a virtual button box for ATS. @Fergo amazing work. I was able to download and get everything installed on my Win10 machine. I was able to get the program running and it assigned "website". I verified the Win10 firewall settings and both boxes are ticked. When I try to to connect using my tablets web browser it does not connect. My PC is connected using a wireless connection, not wired, so i don't know if that could be part of the problem. Any guidance on this would be great. Thanks!
kendo13

#25 Post by kendo13 » 23 Oct 2020 12:22

I can't get the template tool to work. I make my changes in the template tool but the buttons never actually change from their defaults.
f1fan

#26 Post by f1fan » 29 Nov 2020 18:52

I have the same issue, change the template via the tool but nothing updates. Please can you provide some instructions on how to use the template tool.
wwIIobserver

#27 Post by wwIIobserver » 04 Jan 2021 18:19

@Fergo Excellent tool!
Hi everyone!
I finally made it work - For the IP address of the server, you should use the IP address of the machine you are running the server on. Then with the specific port (8080 by default) open, you can connect to this IP from any computer on the same network.
I will try to modify the default template now...

Correction: I made it work as a dashboard (telemetry output). I could not make the system accept the commands from the web console.
I see that the server receives the commands, but one click on the button (web) results in two lines in the server log, for example:
When I press the "Wipers" button, the log shows:
-Received command: btn_wipers -down
-Received command: btn_wipers -up

Does it mean that the command cancels itself out?

Thank you!
wwIIobserver

#28 Post by wwIIobserver » 04 Jan 2021 23:39

@f1fan , @kendo13
I managed the template to work. The process is the following:
1. Create a new template in the editor
2. Export template
3. Make sure the new template is saved in the main directory the tool is running from
4. Reload the browser (in my case I had to open a new incognito window)
Hope it helps
Ciobby

#29 Post by Ciobby » 02 Nov 2021 16:19

Is the VBB app still working? I would like to set it up on an old Android tablet. :)

L.E: the server works, but I am unable to connect to ETS2... @wwIIobserver how did you manage to connect to the game?
alain65

#30 Post by alain65 » 12 May 2022 20:33

Hello
I just found your App that you made.
It's very well done
I did not understand if we can change buttons or not?
I have a logitech G29 but it's still missing buttons. so I have an old tablet that came out just for that.
If it was possible to change buttons that would be great.
Good luck for the rest of the project.
Please excuse me for my bad English, I'm French and I can't write and speak English.
Google translate is my friend.

Return to “Others”