Sisu Polar
1%
Volvo FH 2020
41%

Total votes: 335

Seerman

Re: Next ETS2 truck speculation

#1231 Post by Seerman » 09 Jan 2022 11:13

If we talk about possible fixes for old tracks, then it would be worth starting with the most legendary ones like Magnum. We all know what this beautiful truck looks like in reality. And he deserves more love from SCS.
I translate via Google Translate. Sometimes he does it badly. I beg understand and forgive. :geek:

#1232 Post by AntonioMart » 09 Jan 2022 23:01

Yes, Magnum is a legend and it's very good that at the time of the release of the game it was still relevant and thus was officially added to the game.

What about KamAZ-54901 I personally do not quite understand why many people want to see it so much in the game. It's a beautiful truck, yes, but unfortunately its build quality is poor. It is not widely represented in Europe. It have only one cab, one engine 450hp Euro 5, which is a joint development with Liebherr, and one interior. In addition, the cabin is the same as on the Actros, and not of its own design.
Some newbie driver

#1233 Post by Some newbie driver » 09 Jan 2022 23:45

And all of this matters nothing. There will be people that just wanted it for the sake of variety, and that's more than enough to ask for it. But if you want more reasons, it's an euro kind of truck, it exist, it's in production, it could be found IRL in roads we are going to have and it has been years since the CEO of SCS itself mentions specifically that company as ones he wanted to add to the game apart of the big 7.

So, it's something that can happen, it's something some players want to happen and it's something the owner of the company want to happen. What I don't quite understand is why is so many people don't want it to happen. If any truck of the game doesn't like your personal tastes, just don't drive it and done. Since the nex DAF, trucks in ETS2 are DLC, so any future addition could be ripped off even from the AI traffic if necessary.

Let the people ask for the trucks they want and let SCS do what they want (or what they could, if we count licensing). Apart from the S-WAY, and if they don't open the roster to other ranges, the game don't lack no trucks in production but facelifts. So, what if they want to add other brands? Kamaz, Ford and Hyunday have trucks driving European roads and built in factories we already have in the game (Kaliningrad). So, what's the problem?
harishw8r

#1234 Post by harishw8r » 10 Jan 2022 03:07

Precisely. To the ones who argue that anything apart from the major seven brands being added to the game as though we are supposed to pay for it every time 🙄 If they desperately want to drive their favourite truck, then they can temporarily seek mods.
ASDF

#1235 Post by ASDF » 12 Jan 2022 10:18

Sisu trucks from Finland, TATRA trucks from Czech Republic, Kamaz and Maz from Russia, these are the 4 brands I know that are active in heavy-duty transportation, forestry transportation, agricultural transportation
Hopefully in the future America Truck Simulator will add these trucks: Freightliner 122SD/Century/Columbia/FLD/Cascadia/Coronado, Kenworth T800/T880/W990,Volvo VNX740, International HX520/ ProStar, and MACK Pinnacle, MACK Titan.
axl135

#1236 Post by axl135 » 12 Jan 2022 11:14

Actually, MAZ is from Belarus.
Seerman

#1237 Post by Seerman » 13 Jan 2022 18:37

ASDF wrote: 12 Jan 2022 10:18 Sisu trucks from Finland, TATRA trucks from Czech Republic, Kamaz and Maz from Russia, these are the 4 brands I know that are active in heavy-duty transportation, forestry transportation, agricultural transportation
Also in Russia, hood-trucks URAL are used for heavy transportation and forestry transportation from hard-to-reach places.
Attachments
f_dXBnP19faWQ9MTMwNzkw.jpeg
maxresdefault.jpg
I translate via Google Translate. Sometimes he does it badly. I beg understand and forgive. :geek:

#1238 Post by Some newbie driver » 13 Jan 2022 22:16

We can see them in tractor and in low sided-deck rigid in the AI traffic. And that's the best clue we have SCS has no intention to include them in the game (at least not for a very long long time). Otherwise, they wouldn't had risked to anger URAL company using their vehicles in a non-licensed way. That's no the best way to start if you pretend to license them later.

And that's the main reason why smaller trucks AI traffic is so much limited. They only include very specialized brands for some trucks (like on fire trucks) or other brands with a very small and local market share.

Although I would had like to drive those URAL, pretty nice looking trucks. The improved physics to make them really enjoyable in the game would also be more than welcome.

Regards
Trenero

#1239 Post by Trenero » 13 Jan 2022 22:59

I'm with you that probably we will never see Urals in game, but I don't think that would be the reasoning of SCS, because if thats the reason we will never see the S-way in game because we have Braco vans in game.(althought that could explain why we don't have nothing Iveco since 2013,currently is the brand that past the most time without a new truck, followed close by Volvo but Volvo recieved at least a Tuning DLC soo...)

I think we will never see Urals because they are not the type of truck that currently fits the game, they are more intended to short haul or dificult terrain(Could be long haul throug dificult terrain), and the trucks that we have in game are all intended to long haul, Could be thinkable to have Urals in game only when we have smaller trucks from others brands like Daf Cf, Man Tgs...
In the other hand Kamaz fits more the game as drivable vehicle.
I hope that with HOR we can see in AI traiffic more diferent loads for the Ural Next, other older Urals, GAz and ZIls, or even Kamaz's with semis to have more inmersion in Rusia.
dahaka

#1240 Post by dahaka » 15 Jan 2022 18:17

The Snowrunner devs who are Russian did not manage to secure any licenses to any Russian trucks, while they did to a bunch of American and Canadian trucks, that are no longer even made, I don't think those Russian companies give licenses out easily.

Return to “General discussion about the game”