Sisu Polar
1%
Volvo FH 2020
41%

Total votes: 335

ASDF

Re: Next ETS2 truck speculation

#1631 Post by ASDF » 11 Sep 2022 18:18

I think the Mighty Griffin Tuning Pack and XF Tuning Pack should at least be updated to have the same ability to remove and add the roof fairing and upper fenders as the FH Tuning Pack and Renault Trucks T Tuning Pack, plus Actros Tuning The pack also needs to be updated and the same as the FH Tuning Pack and the Renault Trucks T Tuning Pack
The FH Tuning Pack and Renault Trucks T Tuning Pack allow removal and addition of the upper fenders, as well as removal and addition of the roof shroud
Believe that having Mighty Griffin Tuning Pack, XF Tuning Pack, Actros Tuning Pack, FH Tuning Pack and Renault Trucks T Tuning Pack is to be able to know Mighty Griffin Tuning Pack, XF Tuning Pack, Actros Tuning Pack and FH Tuning Pack, Renault Trucks T Tuning Pack difference
Hopefully in the future America Truck Simulator will add these trucks: Freightliner 122SD/Century/Columbia/FLD/Cascadia/Coronado, Kenworth T800/T880/W990,Volvo VNX740, International HX520/ ProStar, and MACK Pinnacle, MACK Titan.
OzembuchVRICI

#1632 Post by OzembuchVRICI » 11 Sep 2022 18:29

I agree. I'll just add that both the trucks and the tuning packs need a rework/update.
ASDF wrote: 11 Sep 2022 18:18 Believe that having Mighty Griffin Tuning Pack, XF Tuning Pack, Actros Tuning Pack, FH Tuning Pack and Renault Trucks T Tuning Pack is to be able to know Mighty Griffin Tuning Pack, XF Tuning Pack, Actros Tuning Pack and FH Tuning Pack, Renault Trucks T Tuning Pack difference
Could you rephrase this part? I don't understand what you wanted to say with this.
JoeAlex23

#1633 Post by JoeAlex23 » 11 Sep 2022 19:21

Do not waste your time, everything he writes makes 0 sense 😅
ASDF

#1634 Post by ASDF » 12 Sep 2022 18:24

Currently, the only trucks that can remove and add the deflector are Volvo FH16 Classic, Volvo FH, MAN TGX Euro VI, Renault T Series and DAF 2021. The deflector of other trucks cannot be removed. In the real world, DAF XF105, DAF XF, Scania R/Streamlined R, Next Generation Scania R/S, Mercedes Benz Actros, Mercedes Benz New Actros, Iveco Strails, Iveco Strails HI-WAY, MAN The deflectors of the TGX can be removed and installed, especially the Iveco Strails HI-WAY, there is still only one cab to choose from, and it is impossible to have 3 cabs to choose from like the Strails.
Hopefully in the future America Truck Simulator will add these trucks: Freightliner 122SD/Century/Columbia/FLD/Cascadia/Coronado, Kenworth T800/T880/W990,Volvo VNX740, International HX520/ ProStar, and MACK Pinnacle, MACK Titan.
Winchester1979

#1635 Post by Winchester1979 » 12 Sep 2022 21:09

Regarding updating old trucks, I'm not sure if any of the manufacturers have even gotten the whole "people actually want that old stuff" revelation, and are still stuck in "putting our new trucks in the game will sell more trucks, maybe" mode - unlike the car manufacturers who've long since given up on treating the games simply as advertisements for *products*, having settled for making them advertisements for *brand identity*.

Fixing up the old Scania 2009 or the Iveco Stralis won't help Scania or Iveco sell more trucks, so why bother? (and because the existing Ivecos in the game are so poor and so out of date, they're not selling any new trucks either, so why should Iveco bother investing in the game at all?) (and the kind of changes that need to be made to those are the kind that would require a re-evaluation of the 3D model with manfacturer's veto, which as we all know from the Renault T debacle can take years).

What *could* potentially happen is that SCS gets the okay to make the new Actros 5 or the FH 2020, and instead of basing it on the old model the make more accurate models of them from scratch, with enough separating parts that modders can make an faceunlift, to backdate the FH2020 into an FH2012 or whatever, while leaving the old one intact. I am not going to hold my breath for it, nor will I hold it against SCS if they don't do it that way.
Vk56dehan

#1636 Post by Vk56dehan » 12 Sep 2022 23:26

Winchester1979 wrote: 12 Sep 2022 21:09 Regarding updating old trucks, I'm not sure if any of the manufacturers have even gotten the whole "people actually want that old stuff" revelation, and are still stuck in "putting our new trucks in the game will sell more trucks, maybe" mode - unlike the car manufacturers who've long since given up on treating the games simply as advertisements for *products*, having settled for making them advertisements for *brand identity*.

Fixing up the old Scania 2009 or the Iveco Stralis won't help Scania or Iveco sell more trucks, so why bother? (and because the existing Ivecos in the game are so poor and so out of date, they're not selling any new trucks either, so why should Iveco bother investing in the game at all?) (and the kind of changes that need to be made to those are the kind that would require a re-evaluation of the 3D model with manfacturer's veto, which as we all know from the Renault T debacle can take years).

What *could* potentially happen is that SCS gets the okay to make the new Actros 5 or the FH 2020, and instead of basing it on the old model the make more accurate models of them from scratch, with enough separating parts that modders can make an faceunlift, to backdate the FH2020 into an FH2012 or whatever, while leaving the old one intact. I am not going to hold my breath for it, nor will I hold it against SCS if they don't do it that way.
I honestly dont think scs will utilize old trucks to make new ones. I really dont think we all need to worry about that. Idk what happened over at scs but their truck quality was multiplied by a lot recently(cad). I think I fully agree with u on truck manufacturer conditions. There really has never been a mainstream truck game to give those people those ideas of brand loyalty. But now, ats, ets2, and more so id say snowrunner has seemed to make some of these companies open their eyes a bit. Daimler and international specifically.....calling out snowrunner there. I think in time our iveco boys will realize the internet and games are a full new market. Some are behind the times hah. Good post ol Winchester
Last edited by Vk56dehan on 12 Sep 2022 23:43, edited 1 time in total.
Vk56dehan

#1637 Post by Vk56dehan » 12 Sep 2022 23:41

Winchester1979 wrote: 12 Sep 2022 21:09 Regarding updating old trucks, I'm not sure if any of the manufacturers have even gotten the whole "people actually want that old stuff" revelation, and are still stuck in "putting our new trucks in the game will sell more trucks, maybe" mode - unlike the car manufacturers who've long since given up on treating the games simply as advertisements for *products*, having settled for making them advertisements for *brand identity*.
Double post but I believe this guy is on to something. Kinda comes back to the whole paid classics truck thing and all that. I think since these trucks have been in game forever I bet it would be received negatively, but packaged with 1 or 2 new classic dlcs of that brand those companies would probably be more than happy to allow scs to update them....cause royalty $$$. Do we all really know that scs isnt updating them because of licensing? I think the community just kinda assumes that.
Madkine
Global moderator

#1638 Post by Madkine » 12 Sep 2022 23:49

Not licensing, approvals and no we don't know that. We do know that if they update the models they need to get them approved again.

We have no idea why SCS don't want to seem to update the older models. It could be the approval process (for all we know some of the old models have been updated and never approved) or it could be a resourcing/value decision made by SCS.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Vk56dehan

#1639 Post by Vk56dehan » 13 Sep 2022 00:03

Madkine wrote: 12 Sep 2022 23:49 Not licensing, approvals and no we don't know that. We do know that if they update the models they need to get them approved again.

We have no idea why SCS don't want to seem to update the older models. It could be the approval process (for all we know some of the old models have been updated and never approved) or it could be a resourcing/value decision made by SCS.
SCS knows those models are f'ed. It can't possibly be them. How many italian players do we have?......a LOT I assume......thats a huge player base that wants it. Not to mention iveco has a lot of reach elsewhere. They know we all want it too. Idk how business works in Europe (from US), there has to be a barrier, a stupid barrier but non the less. I know Ferrari for example is a difficult company to work with by the other forums I follow. Does iveco have a play in any other games where the license is dedicated? (like Porsche and EA at one time) Either way, very unfortunate no matter the reason.
Winchester1979

#1640 Post by Winchester1979 » 13 Sep 2022 07:06

Vk56dehan wrote: 13 Sep 2022 00:03 SCS knows those models are f'ed. It can't possibly be them. How many italian players do we have?......a LOT I assume......thats a huge player base that wants it. Not to mention iveco has a lot of reach elsewhere. They know we all want it too. Idk how business works in Europe (from US), there has to be a barrier, a stupid barrier but non the less. I know Ferrari for example is a difficult company to work with by the other forums I follow. Does iveco have a play in any other games where the license is dedicated? (like Porsche and EA at one time) Either way, very unfortunate no matter the reason.
This is a bit speculative, but...

The thing is that SCS, by virtue of basically going "we'll license the trucks for one game at a time" and then sticking to that same game for ten years, have been doing things in a completely different way to basically every other game developer that's involved with automotive licensing. And Iveco, by virtue of being part of the Case New Holland group at the time when the licenses were issued, is one of those manufacturers where there is a chance that the company thought they were getting one thing and instead got something different. (CNH has been heavily involved in the Farming Simulator series, which was on its third game when ETS2 released. If they thought SCS was going to be doing the same thing and set their pricing according to that, they may have been a mite disappointed.)

Also, right now Iveco is in the middle of reorganizing themselves as their own company (they were spun off of CNH back in January), and may not have gotten around to actually hiring anyone to review gaming licenses and whatever yet. It's very likely that any phonecalls from SCS to Iveco right now regarding licensing would be met with "please wait until we've actually got a licensing department..."

Return to “General discussion about the game”