1%
Volvo FH 2020
41%

Total votes: 335

55sixxx

Re: Next ETS2 truck speculation

#1471 Post by 55sixxx » 26 Jul 2022 23:49

dsf.fernando wrote: 26 Jul 2022 23:25
55sixxx wrote: 25 Jul 2022 15:07 The rest, toss it on a bin and set it on fire.
Come on, the Actros MP4 is decent
1 - The scale is completely off in both width and height.
2 - The ride height is horrendous.
3 - Rear fenders are way bigger than it should be also in both width and height.
4 - Bad textures all around.
5 - It looks weird when you compare it to the real one... Something just feels off (Besides the points I made above).

Only thing that could be salvageable is the interior.

If SCS just updates that model with the Actros 5/L parts instead of adding a whole new model, then it'll be a big shame.
LegoTechnicFanBoi

#1472 Post by LegoTechnicFanBoi » 27 Jul 2022 13:09

@55sixxx what you wrote is also valid for Actros MP3
SORRY FOR MY WRITING MISTAKES IN ENGLISH. I SOMETIMES NEED TO USE TRANSLATOR

A Proud LEGO Fan since childhood
55sixxx

#1473 Post by 55sixxx » 27 Jul 2022 14:04

It is but imho, the interior on the MP3 wins by a mile.
Honda Guy VTEC

#1474 Post by Honda Guy VTEC » 30 Jul 2022 14:35

JolliciousJosh wrote: 13 Jul 2022 15:12
Winchester1979 wrote: 12 Jul 2022 12:59
Which means that the game can potentially expand all the way to South Africa, India, Indonesia, Japan, and South America, because they all drive European truck brands (In addition to their own home-grown ones in many cases, but still). And it also means that as the game expands to those places, the local brands can also be added giving at least half a dozen more brands that I know of (VW in South America, DongFeng, JAC, and whatever else there is over in China; Mitsubishi in Japan; Hyundai in South Korea, and Ashok Leyland in India).
In the case of Japan, they have four major makers, the Mitsubishi Fuso (which is partnered by Daimler), Isuzu, UD Trucks (both partnered by Volvo Trucks) and Hino. The workhorse of these trucks, in majority, have 380 hp (which is the standard power output, while its maximum workhorse is 520 hp, the same manner as Chinese-made trucks). Apparently, Japanese trucks have different specs and brands, depending on a certain country market that suits and fits the emission regulations and demand. MAN is rarely visible on other countries beyond Europe.

It is a very-long term for that to expand the map to the East, as far as Japan, the Philippines, Australia and New Zealand. And its a long term to acquire trucks that need licensing approval to the manufacturer.
ASDF wrote: 12 Jul 2022 18:07 I think the introduction of medium-duty trucks such as Scania G/P, Volvo FM, DAF CF, etc., which are positioned for urban distribution, into the game is also a prospect that can continue to develop in the future, which can not only increase the size of urban areas, but also allow drivers to Delivering goods in person to supermarkets or convenience stores can also increase the density of urban towns.
I support his opinion on entering medium-duty trucks to the game since these they also have tractor variants.
For the case of Mercedes-Benz New Actros, it has an F variant which is the combination between the Antos and the Actros L. In game, we don't have that variant, only Dotec has it when his mod get released in the future.

I'm more into entry-level trucks that has a displacement of less than 8,000 cc, and I frequently drive it, either an Actros MP4 (with a drivetrain revision mod by Galimim), Eugene's Next Generation Scania P (G/R/S) and Sogard's 5/6Series Scania P/G/P4 Add-on paired with a single axle, and is alternative from the traditional 4x2 rigid chassis, which is ideal for inter-regional distribution, short-medium distance trips. I noticed some trucks with a single-axle trailer can do long distance trips.

PS: It might have an idea to add single-axle flatbed (with or without container pins)/dropsides, with its maximum load of 15 tons for the perfect fit of these medium-sized trucks.
A few things...
MAN is rarely visible on other countries beyond Europe.
  • Actually MAN is quite common in Australia/NZ.
It is a very-long term for that to expand the map to the East, as far as Japan, the Philippines, Australia and New Zealand.
  • At this point they will have to rename the game to "Eurasia Truck Simulator".
  • Trucking in Australia is too diverse, unique and different from Europe to be bundled with ETS2. It constitutes having it's own game. For one, the trucks are entirely different, we have European, "American" and Japanese trucks, however they all have unique configurations that are exclusive to the Australian market. Even the "American" trucks here aren't really American, there're models that are only for Australia, and I think all the trucks are built locally. Not to mention our trailers are completely different and it isn't uncommon to see doubles on the road. Go out to the outback and you'll see road trains of 5+ trailers hauling in baron desert for hundreds of kilometres on dirt roads without a town in sight. That's before I even start talking about Australia's environment, which presents so many unique challenges compared to Europe, trucking in Australia is nothing like trucking in Europe or even the US, and certainly not Asia.
Last edited by Honda Guy VTEC on 30 Jul 2022 14:39, edited 1 time in total.
xXCARL1992Xx

#1475 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 30 Jul 2022 14:39

they dont need to rename anything, Asia is also a big market for Euro trucks but i never see them expand ETS2 into Australia, Australia is a candidate for its own game with New Zealand because they use both conventional and cab overs
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Neonym

#1476 Post by Neonym » 01 Aug 2022 08:24

I hope they will do some "facelifted" actual models and use them to do actual models like New Acros, FH (to me this is most broken model - crazy height, 5th wheel under fenders (WTF), etc) better than they are now.
OzembuchVRICI

#1477 Post by OzembuchVRICI » 01 Aug 2022 16:19

Neonym wrote: 01 Aug 2022 08:24 I hope they will do some "facelifted" actual models and use them to do actual models like New Acros, FH (to me this is mostly broken model - crazy height, 5th wheel fenders (WTF), etc) better than they are now.
The Christmas Stream is "only" 4 months away, so we'll see then. I would really like to see older models get a rework, if not that I would certainly not mind some facelifts and updates. Maybe they'll add a truck that does not have that much new tech like the Iveco S-Way or the Ford F-Max(introduction of a new brand maybe).
Beta_Project

#1478 Post by Beta_Project » 01 Aug 2022 20:02

They reminded us about Christmas streams. What do you think they can show us for 2023 for both games. We have about 4 more months for new trucks or remakes of old countries and cities to come out.
I don't speak English very well, and I use Google translator, excuse me :geek:
parasaurolophus67

#1479 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 01 Aug 2022 20:03

we couldn't know till they do that stream. Plus they said August will be very busy.
xXCARL1992Xx

#1480 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 01 Aug 2022 20:07

i hope we get the MAN finally
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]

Return to “General discussion about the game”