Sisu Polar
1%
Volvo FH 2020
41%

Total votes: 335

JoeAlex23

Re: Next ETS2 truck speculation

#1621 Post by JoeAlex23 » 09 Sep 2022 16:11

Anyone who is against SCS remaking old truck models with the new technology is out of his mind, no offense, anything before the NG Scania needs to be scrapped and made again with CAD accurate dimensions, period.

Nobody is saying they should remove the old trucks from the game, just give them the love they deserve with more accurate models, everyone would benefit from that seeing their favorite truck as realistic as it could be.
OzembuchVRICI

#1622 Post by OzembuchVRICI » 09 Sep 2022 16:42

Every single truck before R/S Scanias needs a rework. The proportions, the missing options, engines etc.
You can use mods, but modders don't have access to AutoCAD files like SCS does.

Now, is that possible? Probably, only time will tell.
Seerman

#1623 Post by Seerman » 09 Sep 2022 16:44

Why is everyone so sure that manufacturers still have CAD for old tracks that they have not produced for a long time? :lol:
I translate via Google Translate. Sometimes he does it badly. I beg understand and forgive. :geek:

#1624 Post by OzembuchVRICI » 09 Sep 2022 16:50

Manufacturers archive their sketches/models. Before AutoCAD and after it.
xXCARL1992Xx

#1625 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 09 Sep 2022 16:58

AutoCAD is a brand name, they dont use this

als, they archive everything, i bet they even have still some claymodels in storage of trucks
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
JoeAlex23

#1626 Post by JoeAlex23 » 09 Sep 2022 17:00

Seerman wrote: 09 Sep 2022 16:44 Why is everyone so sure that manufacturers still have CAD for old tracks that they have not produced for a long time? :lol:
Because it's necessary for them to keep those files around, CAD files are not only 3D models, they are also 2D drawings with all the accurate measurements, it's something that basically every vehicle manufacturer has been using for over 30 years, would be really dumb to think they don't have those files.
Corvinus

#1627 Post by Corvinus » 10 Sep 2022 11:12

Assumptions and more assumptions, projected as universal facts... #bestcommunityever

I shouldn't, but I'll jump down the hole a bit further and perhaps end it here.

I never specifically said I wanted any of the old trucks, I'm just not arrogant enough to assume what the regular 30-40k active playerbase thinks, and simply presented the thought of doing major changes slow and carefully to trucks that may be very active, which only SCS have telemetry data of, to avoid too large ripples in activity. I would start with a single truck in the center of statistics and see how it changes usage of it. Not do a bulk change of all at once, especially when repositioning important things like mirrors and
shapes. Maybe a lot don't care about how it should look, but how it looks now. Not much different from an IRL O/O customizing their cab or hood out of any known default, because it looks better to THEM. I was simply open to the IDEA of this, IF it was in fact a component of decision making from SCS side, not claiming that it is so for certain.

Try to see things from different angles before criticizing, what was written as a loose thought may not be the entirety of something...
It was initially just a thought, don't worry about it.

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 09 Sep 2022 16:58 AutoCAD is a brand name, they dont use this
Small things like this... How do you know what every manufacturer uses to create their CAD data? Simple answer, you don't. So why peeve about it?
It's not even a brand, it's a software title. The brand is Autodesk. But I'm guessing it wasn't really about that at all...

@JoeAlex23 Absolutely none on this forum have any certain knowledge of how long or exactly what all the current truck manufacturers included in the game have in their archives of exportable and easily transferrable sufficient CAD data to SCS. Projecting what you think as fact, and even use it to potentially call someone dumb just for being open for the possibility that a truck manufactuer may even have lost or displaced some of it, is absurd and nonsensical in any kind of constructive dialogue.
xXCARL1992Xx

#1628 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 10 Sep 2022 11:19

a lot of big text for someone who cant accept other people opinions, the fact, is people cry for truck reworks and nobody wants to keep the old models. period

second, yes i know it, if you would have taken the time to just google it you would know that the majority of automotive industries uses Catia or Simense NX for they production and not AutoCAD

the community expressed the want the old models trashed and replaced (we already had a semi case with the XF105) and so this is what SCS will do, also because it would be totally stupid to keep the old models alive and make bug fixes on them or add new feauters if there exist a completely reworked version in 100x better quality
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
ASDF

#1629 Post by ASDF » 10 Sep 2022 12:21

Being able to make pre-2019 models the same quality as the MAN TGX Euro VI would be acceptable to me, at least also need to be able to have the option to add and remove the upper fenders like the MAN TGX Euro VI
Hopefully in the future America Truck Simulator will add these trucks: Freightliner 122SD/Century/Columbia/FLD/Cascadia/Coronado, Kenworth T800/T880/W990,Volvo VNX740, International HX520/ ProStar, and MACK Pinnacle, MACK Titan.
Vk56dehan

#1630 Post by Vk56dehan » 11 Sep 2022 14:36

ASDF wrote: 10 Sep 2022 12:21 Being able to make pre-2019 models the same quality as the MAN TGX Euro VI would be acceptable to me, at least also need to be able to have the option to add and remove the upper fenders like the MAN TGX Euro VI
Makes me sound spoiled but after the Daf xg was introduced, i feel like all the other trucks just look outdated. Some more than others obviously, but the daf modeling was just done so well. Only one that comes close imo is the scania r/s....even that has low poly on the front fender flair. Though, i would be good with them being updated to that standard at least. I think the Man euro6 looked ok too but I havent looked at one in a while.

Return to “General discussion about the game”