Sisu Polar
2%
Volvo FH 2020
42%

Total votes: 333

harishw8r

Re: Next ETS2 truck speculation

#1381 Post by harishw8r » 12 May 2022 00:55

JoeAlex23 wrote: 11 May 2022 20:55 i personally believe SCS doesn't wants to add something like that for the foreseeable future, but who really knows.
The exact opposite is true and by this time most of us should know that. They have talked about F-max in a good number of streams, that they are interested to add, trying to negotiate and such. Heck, we even found a F-Max room in their Discord in a stream. That could be something.

BMC Tugra is also a legitimate option.
JoeAlex23

#1382 Post by JoeAlex23 » 12 May 2022 02:26

Yeah, i know it has been mentioned before and even Pavel has talked about adding a new truck brand to ETS2, but the F-Max and that other thing i refuse to name are such, let's say, "limited" trucks and i don't see them making it into the game until the main missing 4 (new MAN, new FH, new Actros and the S-Way) are in the game, but again, that's just me speculating and it's my own opinion, anyone can disagree with it.
harishw8r

#1383 Post by harishw8r » 12 May 2022 03:49

About the last point, let’s say two of the main missing five (including Scania’s updates) has been added but say Renault and Scania brought new models to the market. Would you still see SCS add them first instead of the F-Max? Sounds illogical to me.

The underlying point is that, whether other trucks are added in the game or not is not gonna influence F-Max’s addition in any way. If anything they would prioritise F-Max before any other truck, not just because it’s from a new brand but also due to the fact that the F-Max is the oldest of all the trucks that are not in game yet.
JoeAlex23

#1384 Post by JoeAlex23 » 12 May 2022 04:23

I didn't say it would influence anything, but i would think that those 4 i mentioned are a priority for SCS, idk about anything else that comes out in a near future, but if Renault or Scania were to release a new truck and asked SCS to do a "same day" release like WS did with the 49X (and maybe will do again with the 57X) i don't think SCS would say no to that and would make it a priority, but again, this is just pure speculation and what makes sense to me, but they could throw a wrench into the equation and release the F-Max next month, who really knows. 🤷‍♂️
Some newbie driver

#1385 Post by Some newbie driver » 12 May 2022 17:33

JoeAlex23 wrote: 12 May 2022 04:23but i would think that those 4 i mentioned are a priority for SCS
As far as we understand that this priorities are just our persona biases, everything is OK. Other times, people rants because SCS releases a truck that doesn't fulfill those personal expectations. There's when discussions derail.

I agree with you that S-way could be high in the priority list because it's a completely new truck regarding previous models we have and it has been released time ago already. While, I couldn't care less about the other three you mention, mostly because at my eyes are basically just minor cosmetic changes. Don't get me wrong, IRL could be very different vehicles in lots of things. But if those things the game doesn't consider or simulate them, then so from the game perspective are irrelevant.

So, if a "new" truck of the major brands could be reduced to a bunch os cosmetic changes, then the priorities could easily shift when compared with a completely different truck of a brand that we don't even have in the game.

Regards
JaDaKa

#1386 Post by JaDaKa » 13 May 2022 06:25

Considering immersion I am sure many players would like the newest Scania or Volvo truck.

As a casual player myself (I play regularly but I am not into trucking in real life) I would love to have a new brand added. Completely new design, new dashboard styles etc would have me a lot more interested in them.

That being said the S-Way seems the most probable to get released sooner, after the new MAN that's been previewed.
Midiangel

#1387 Post by Midiangel » 13 May 2022 07:00

Volvo NG is very good. Those mods curves that are on the Internet well reveal the potential of what SCS can do. I'm really looking forward to this.

Iveco is good, but I would like a logical replacement for a modern version of the truck than the one we have now. He has problems with volumes in the interior, inside everything seems so toy that even the earlier Stralis wins in terms of interior volume.

#1388 Post by mercscud » 15 May 2022 08:29

Is anyone else finding ETS2 a bit stale now?
I’m using my original 2012 save game, as my AI trucks are hitting the 1 million kms I replace them current models.
We only have the Scania, Renault and DAF with current model year trucks.

Having driven the Range T yesterday the left mirror (on RHD) wouldn’t adjust in very far which meant I couldn’t see the back of the trailer. Not worthwhile driving, there aren’t many chassis/add ons for the XG which leaves the Scania.

I’ll have a fleet of Scania’s then!
JaDaKa

#1389 Post by JaDaKa » 15 May 2022 09:17

Yeah.. Although SCS is trying, as the time passes the difference between old and new is really evident.
Both in older parts of the map that I avoid to drive through as in trucks which are very few..
As SCS already has the license and everything ready, a rework of the pre '17 models would provide a refresh.

To stick on topic, we should be getting a few more newer trucks per year like 3 or even 4..
OzembuchVRICI

#1390 Post by OzembuchVRICI » 17 May 2022 18:15

Looking at all the info around new ATS trucks (sound recordings, meetings) left me wondering, why is there so little news about new ETS2 trucks? We got screenshots of the new TGX and that's it. Like what? They said that there are multiple trucks in the works. Great, give us some hints dammit.

Show us sound recording, something. Begging for crumbles.
Three trucks (2012 Volvo FH, 2011 MB Actros and 2016 Scania R/S) were revised, four new trucks were unveiled [MAN TGX, Ford F-MAX, BMC Tugra(let us have Turkish trucks) and Iveco S-Way].
F-MAX and Tugra are the oldest, being introduced in 2018. S-Way year later in 2019 and TGX is the newest, introduced in 2020.
And it's not just the new trucks, big portion of the community would like to see reworks of older models.

I get that making models for trucks takes time, I just don't like the lack of info. Maybe they'll release the new TGX in the summer.

Return to “General discussion about the game”