Sisu Polar
2%
Volvo FH 2020
42%

Total votes: 333

AntonioMart

Re: Next ETS2 truck speculation

#1391 Post by AntonioMart » 12 Jun 2022 21:41

I wonder how things are with the new MAN TGX? 🤔 After all, it's been quite some time, since the interior screenshots were shown on the Christmas stream, and I hope that there is a lot of progress there. Looking forward to seeing this truck in the game.
OzembuchVRICI

#1392 Post by OzembuchVRICI » 14 Jun 2022 12:37

AntonioMart wrote: 12 Jun 2022 21:41 I wonder how things are with the new MAN TGX? 🤔 After all, it's been quite some time, since the interior screenshots were shown on the Christmas stream, and I hope that there is a lot of progress there. Looking forward to seeing this truck in the game.
Who knows? I don't like the lack of info either, I would prefer if they told the players what truck is coming to the game(ETS2 or ATS) and showed us the progress. I mean, what's stopping them from doing it like this? When the licensing talks are over and papers are signed, there's literally nothing that stops SCS from posting a few sneak peaks here and there.
Madkine
Global moderator

#1393 Post by Madkine » 14 Jun 2022 12:38

Apart from the fact that they've done that before and then final approval for release got delayed by years. The manufacturers also appear to have to sign off on the finished model.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Roko

#1394 Post by Roko » 14 Jun 2022 12:41

OzembuchVRICI wrote: 14 Jun 2022 12:37
AntonioMart wrote: 12 Jun 2022 21:41 I wonder how things are with the new MAN TGX? 🤔 After all, it's been quite some time, since the interior screenshots were shown on the Christmas stream, and I hope that there is a lot of progress there. Looking forward to seeing this truck in the game.
Who knows? I don't like the lack of info either, I would prefer if they told the players what truck is coming to the game(ETS2 or ATS) and showed us the progress. I mean, what's stopping them from doing it like this? When the licensing talks are over and papers are signed, there's literally nothing that stops SCS from posting a few sneak peaks here and there.
Well, you never know what the license agreements say. Also, I think I read or heard that SCS was more open on the subject,
much more open and there was something that led to the way it is now. However, I can't remember where I know that from.
Can deceive me as well. :)
Stay healthy! - Hobby turned into a profession – Trucker!
OzembuchVRICI

#1395 Post by OzembuchVRICI » 14 Jun 2022 12:52

Madkine wrote: 14 Jun 2022 12:38 Apart from the fact that they've done that before and then final approval for release got delayed by years. The manufacturers also appear to have to sign off on the finished model.
Oh, I see. I had no idea. Was it I V E C O ? I read somewhere that there were some problems, but when I tried to look up more info I didn't find anything. Anyhoo, the lack of info is something a lot of people, including me, don't like. I don't need much, a picture of door, wheel is plenty enough for me.
Midiangel

#1396 Post by Midiangel » 14 Jun 2022 12:54

I am not a supporter of conspiracy theories. However, for some reason I think that the new MAN was supposed to become the official truck in HoR, and this was spelled out as one of the licensing conditions. MAN trucks are very popular in Russia, and the manufacturer must have been very interested in promoting their products through HoR. And now, as we know, things didn't go according to plan.
This is my theory.

#1397 Post by OzembuchVRICI » 14 Jun 2022 13:09

Midiangel wrote: 14 Jun 2022 12:54 I am not a supporter of conspiracy theories. However, for some reason I think that the new MAN was supposed to become the official truck in HoR, and this was spelled out as one of the licensing conditions. MAN trucks are very popular in Russia, and the manufacturer must have been very interested in promoting their products through HoR. And now, as we know, things didn't go according to plan.
This is my theory.
Well, it's true that MAN TGX was on the HoR DLC cover. The change was reversed since then. I'm not so sure about the new generation TGX coming together with the DLC, but it's a good theory.
man_hor.png
xXCARL1992Xx

#1398 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 14 Jun 2022 13:13

the new MAN would have never been on the cover for HoR, it isnt even finished yet and HoR would have been out already
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Midiangel

#1399 Post by Midiangel » 14 Jun 2022 13:16

Where does such confidence come from? HoR was supposed to come out in May. By this time, it is quite possible to create a track.

#1400 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 14 Jun 2022 13:17

no its not, in December they showed prerendered images of an interior that was a CAD model, it takes 2 years for 1 person to make the truck, 1 year for 2 people, and this doesnt include paintjobs

also, MAN has the last say, even IF they are done in May, MAN can delay that into June, July, August or September if they take their time to look at it
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]

Return to “General discussion about the game”