Sisu Polar
1%
Volvo FH 2020
41%

Total votes: 335

OzembuchVRICI

Re: Next ETS2 truck speculation

#1491 Post by OzembuchVRICI » 06 Aug 2022 09:38

VirtualTruckTravels wrote: 06 Aug 2022 08:14 i am baffled, ATS once again has come sweeping on the inside and got a new truck of the blue, when we have heard nothing on MAN TGX2020 since christmas?! it looks more and more to me like ETS2 is getting into the side project category, everything is ATS oriented and it has seem to increase, really would like to know the desicions behind thism because from what i can tell ETS2 is still the favorite of the two on steam.
Yeah, it's a pity that it's like that. We don't know what happens behind the scenes. I mean last year we got the facelift for the Renault T, the updated MAN TGX and the new generation DAF trucks. This year we got nothing, not a single hint since the Christmas stream. Is the truck team working on more trucks? Is the new TGX harder to work on, do they have to introduce new features? Someone mentioned the 2022 IAA Trasportation and I think there's a chance they'll use the rework Hannover and its Fairground to maybe introduce new truck(s). I like that there's somewhat constant flow of content being added, but I'm kinda bummed that ETS2 is not getting the same love.
xXCARL1992Xx

#1492 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 06 Aug 2022 09:40

MAN is still the last one to have any say, it takes a year to make a truck and we are still within the production of it, some people think the world starts to burn just because they didnt show anything, they will only show something when the truck will be right before release and not before
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
OzembuchVRICI

#1493 Post by OzembuchVRICI » 06 Aug 2022 10:47

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 06 Aug 2022 09:40 MAN is still the last one to have any say, it takes a year to make a truck and we are still within the production of it, some people think the world starts to burn just because they didnt show anything, they will only show something when the truck will be right before release and not before
We don't know how long they've been working on the new TGX, it's been in production since 2020 so it may be longer than 1 year.
The thing is, people see new trucks in ATS and wonder when is ETS2 gonna get some? And it's not just about new trucks, it's existing trucks that got new drivelines, facelifts, new interiors etc.
September is coming and with it the IAA Transportation 2022, maybe they'll do something with that. The anniversaries are coming up too, so I guess we'll certainly see something.
xXCARL1992Xx

#1494 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 06 Aug 2022 10:56

the production of the real TGX is totally irrelevant, SCS started to make it in the last half of 2021 and we only got some interior pictures and nothing from the exterior, the ATS trucks (except the 9900i) we got are all the same in overall design with a few changes on the cab and a different nose, ofc those can be pumped out faster (the 49X and 57X even had a deadline they had to meet) in the same time we also got new additions in form of the TGX EL3 the NGD and the Renault TEvo wich is the same as the 49X, the Cascadia (similar trucks) the 57X (another similar truck and all 3 comparable to the TGX EL3 and the TEvo we got for ETS2 wich were updates) and the 9900i wich was a complete new build (NGD equivalent)
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
VirtualTruckTravels

#1495 Post by VirtualTruckTravels » 07 Aug 2022 09:42

55sixxx wrote: 05 Aug 2022 13:42 Like I said in ATS's forum, new models are coming in and SCS hasn't even released the current ones... You'd think a game dev would get trucks in their game faster than the truck brands makes new models but it's shaping up to not be the case. And if the vehicle team (One of the most important ones along with mapping and programming) wasn't so small, new releases and new projects wouldn't impact the work on older projects so much.
if to believe people in this forum a truck in these games takes about as long time to finish and get ready as they do in real life :lol:
seriously though, SCS need to step up their game, specially on the truck/trailer front in ETS2.
jdwarfer

#1496 Post by jdwarfer » 07 Aug 2022 10:46

A year to build a virtual truck seems a bit too long IMO. But I think that what makes it so long is not the work on the truck itself, because otherwise it could be done in a few months.
The big thing that we should take in consideration, is licensing and communication between SCS and truck brands. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think it's what slow the whole thing. Companies have to approve SCS work on their truck virtual copies. And I guess they don't respond instantly on every inquiries from SCS. It depends on how it's managed in truck brands. It could take weeks to get approval, idk. Also there can be changes, so SCS have to rebuild stuff here and there, and then get a new approval, and so on.
I mean, modders make trucks in less time, we know it. And it's not bad quality. Maybe less accurate or whatever, but really good nonetheless. And it's not a full time job, it's only done during spare time or whenever they feel like doing it.
SCS has several people only working on trucks. So yeah, there must be an explanation why it takes so much time to complete. And it might be the licensing thing, other wise, I just don't get it but as long as it's done, it's not really important anyway.
OzembuchVRICI

#1497 Post by OzembuchVRICI » 07 Aug 2022 11:00

VirtualTruckTravels wrote: 07 Aug 2022 09:42
55sixxx wrote: 05 Aug 2022 13:42 Like I said in ATS's forum, new models are coming in and SCS hasn't even released the current ones... You'd think a game dev would get trucks in their game faster than the truck brands makes new models but it's shaping up to not be the case. And if the vehicle team (One of the most important ones along with mapping and programming) wasn't so small, new releases and new projects wouldn't impact the work on older projects so much.
if to believe people in this forum a truck in these games takes about as long time to finish and get ready as they do in real life :lol:
seriously though, SCS need to step up their game, specially on the truck/trailer front in ETS2.
The work the truck teams do is incredible, better with every year. The problem is the number of workers in these teams, to "keep up" with the world, they would have to be robots and that's not it.
I don't get why SCS doesn't outsource truck designs, fairly paid outsourcing would in my honest opinion help. I think the CEO Pavel Šebor said that they're not confident in the quality of outsourced work.
Don't know if it's because of previous experience or if they just think that it would be bad.
VirtualTruckTravels

#1498 Post by VirtualTruckTravels » 07 Aug 2022 11:06

outsourcing could be a thing for sure or grow the modelers team if possible. I just hope for some solution, because as time goes this mismatch will only get larger, and when the model team is churning out ATS models all the time i can only believe it sets back production for other things such as models for ETS2.
xXCARL1992Xx

#1499 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 07 Aug 2022 11:09

New Mexcio had outscored work and we saw where it got us with the delay, also SCS works with confidential data from manufacturers, it is one think to outscore a model that already exists but it will still be hard to convince the manufacturer to let out data to outside people, it is another with trucks like the 49X, 57X and NG DAF wich where made by not even a handful of people with stricht NDAs, not even everybody at SCS knew what was done when the trucks where in production for the game
[ external image ]
VirtualTruckTravels

#1500 Post by VirtualTruckTravels » 07 Aug 2022 11:14

jdwarfer wrote: 07 Aug 2022 10:46 A year to build a virtual truck seems a bit too long IMO. But I think that what makes it so long is not the work on the truck itself, because otherwise it could be done in a few months.
The big thing that we should take in consideration, is licensing and communication between SCS and truck brands. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think it's what slow the whole thing. Companies have to approve SCS work on their truck virtual copies. And I guess they don't respond instantly on every inquiries from SCS. It depends on how it's managed in truck brands. It could take weeks to get approval, idk. Also there can be changes, so SCS have to rebuild stuff here and there, and then get a new approval, and so on.
I mean, modders make trucks in less time, we know it. And it's not bad quality. Maybe less accurate or whatever, but really good nonetheless. And it's not a full time job, it's only done during spare time or whenever they feel like doing it.
SCS has several people only working on trucks. So yeah, there must be an explanation why it takes so much time to complete. And it might be the licensing thing, other wise, I just don't get it but as long as it's done, it's not really important anyway.
considering the relationship with MAN, it seems to be in good shape, we have got MAN models over years now so i dont see why the TGX2020 should do a hickup? I also have a hard time imagine after so many succesful years of licensing that the process is not locked in sections via a contract, it cannot be that SCS has to call whatever truckbrand each week to give a report. No i think it is about priorities and the priority seems to be ATS which also needs content, I just think it is weird how ATS get a new truck about every 6-10 months when it is draging on forever in ETS2. It is ETS2 who is not only lacking behind in current models but also general model quality due to current truck models (except a few) is old, outdated and inaccurate models and textures.

Return to “General discussion about the game”