Make ETS2 & ATS Dedicated Server Ready

Make ETS2 & ATS Dedicated Server Ready?!

YES!
89%
No!
11%

Total votes: 61

Angel_Arrow

Re: Make ETS2 & ATS Dedicated Server Ready

#11 Post by Angel_Arrow » 08 Jun 2020 08:48

If you can point me to those posts, I'll be happy to read them and interact. Unfortunately, I did search the forum for similar topics and couldn't find any. That is the whole reason why I made this post. Probably I didn't use the right keywords to search for those topics since you're stating there are already posts about the same topic. So again ... point me in the right direction, please.
Angel_Arrow

#12 Post by Angel_Arrow » 12 Jun 2020 16:46

Aha ... that is where it goes wrong. I don't look on multiplayer because I'm not talking about a multiplayer ran by SCS Software. I probably should have thought of that. I'll check for other threads but I'm definitely not asking for a multiplayer platform ran by SCS Software. I'm talking about the exact same system as Farming Simulator. But again ... I'll check those other threads.

I'm just still massively surprised that SCS Software didn't think of this sooner. You would think that they had time enough to come up with something like that. I'm playing ETS2 since 2014 and I never heard something even come close to what I'm suggesting. Like I stated in my opening post, they would have a tremendous amount of pros doing it like FS instead of coming up with their own MP platform. Or at least that's my personal opinion about it.
Some newbie driver

#13 Post by Some newbie driver » 12 Jun 2020 16:59

Well, people talk about it as a multiplayer (because, at the end, it's what it is). Then, there's different forms to deliver that multi-player experience. One is being hosted by SCS, another is the one you mention; and then there's slight variations of those two.

Regards
gopher412

#14 Post by gopher412 » 20 Sep 2020 05:48

I always dreamed for something like this to happen since the day I started playing ScaniaTS. Having watched tons of videos about 'Idiots on ets2mp' made me hate the fact that only 1 group of people hold something like a monopoly on this. I hope this post gets spread even more and taken in consideration by scs.
Last edited by gopher412 on 20 Sep 2020 05:51, edited 1 time in total.
frogly84

#15 Post by frogly84 » 20 Jul 2021 19:25

I changed little topic and merge it with new Convoy system
Make dedicated platforms for Convoys.

This system now have HUGE problem because:
1 player make convoy and he cannot change convoy leader and cannot swap auto the leader on exit or kick beacuse of connection drop
so if the player 1 must go or lost connection then convoy is deleted and cannot continue

Convoys not working only 5 min - they must work 1-5h, so what happened on unstable connection?

Virtual Companies also real companies are playing ETS2 and ATS.
This companies want make own server that stay like convoy 24h/day and players can join that servers and play together without always make new convoy.

Please VTC's join this discusion because dedicated/vps system for Convoys is for your companies.

(sorry for little bugs with english gramathics)
Fel

#16 Post by Fel » 24 Jul 2021 17:41

I can only agree with you 100%.

For us as long-standing VTC, it would be a long-standing wish to go on tours together on our own server. Ideally with mods, because these make ETS2 (even if this is now a really successful basis) a unique gaming experience.

Therefore I, on behalf of my VTC, give full support for the introduction of dedicated servers.
L2T - Lechtal Taunus Transporte unterwegs seit 2016.
Marty84

#17 Post by Marty84 » 05 Jun 2022 14:42

I know the topic is a little bit old, but can someone tell me if there is anything new about this poll?
A dedicated server would be the best thing!
Angel_Arrow

#18 Post by Angel_Arrow » 02 Nov 2022 09:35

Look what I've seen in Open Bèta 1.46!!!

[ external image ]

Could it actually be true??? That would be amazing!!! :D

EDIT: @SCSsoftware, is it already possible to set up a dedicated server for ETS2 or ATS? If so, where can we find any documentation about it? I'm really interested in having my own dedicated server for ETS2 and ATS for my community and anyone that wants to connect and drive with us.
CarbonGTGaming

#19 Post by CarbonGTGaming » 05 Nov 2022 23:52

Rumour has it that i heard SCS are gonna host a Dedicated Server so maybe they can allow some People of the Community drive with the team would be epic if that happens

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”