Tires and Exhaust smoke Feature

rsr

Tires and Exhaust smoke Feature

#1 Post by rsr » 06 May 2020 23:49

I always wonder when are we going to have smoke for exhausts and for tires when emergency braking ( together with tire screeching noise) . Its something that is so standard in almost every simulation game I see that sometimes the feeling I have when driving is that its not a diesel truck but some f1 tesla engine powered car with 100% tire grip in almost every situation. In my opinion those little details would make the game experience so much better.
Blackspots

Re: Tires and Exhaust smoke Feature

#2 Post by Blackspots » 07 May 2020 00:50

Exhaust smoke will never happen, as a properly running and tuned truck will not produce smoke.
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
rsr

#3 Post by rsr » 07 May 2020 03:27

@Blackspots yes they do depending on what truck,since many mods are trucks that are 20+ year old models, also tuning and other factors like the condition or damage to the engine affect smoke amount
joschac2

#4 Post by joschac2 » 07 May 2020 04:17

Every truck here is 2012+ today trucks don.t smoke
rocknrollDaVE
Beta tester

#5 Post by rocknrollDaVE » 07 May 2020 04:53

the game is not based on modded trucks, only the modern trucks that come with the game. ive driven quite a few trucks for my company, all 2012 and newer. only time ive seen anything resembling smoke was just condensation on very cold days
I'm on a mission to ensure the city of Pittsburgh is accurately represented in ATS.
◇ Link to World of Trucks profile below ◇

[ external image ]
bobgrey1997

#6 Post by bobgrey1997 » 07 May 2020 04:59

rsr wrote: 07 May 2020 03:27...since many mods are trucks that are 20+ year old models, also tuning and other factors like the condition or damage to the engine affect smoke amount
Your point is?
Modded trucks are to be ignored here. How can you justify asking SCS to put work into creating content for mods instead of their own content?
rsr

#7 Post by rsr » 07 May 2020 16:25

bobgrey1997 wrote: 07 May 2020 04:59
rsr wrote: 07 May 2020 03:27...since many mods are trucks that are 20+ year old models, also tuning and other factors like the condition or damage to the engine affect smoke amount
Your point is?
Modded trucks are to be ignored here. How can you justify asking SCS to put work into creating content for mods instead of their own content?
My point is : modded trucks arent to be ignored since we can easily put that more than 50% of the community plays with atleast 1 modded truck. The particle system in Beam.NG for example allows to adjust the amount of smoke coming out of an engine by simply changing values in the .jbeam text file making them to blow black smoke or no smoke at all. Even if you point is to not add smoke for exhausts, it is to be considered adding the particle system for tyres and therefore, it would make more viable for modders to add smoke to the exhaust. But coming back to the first point, a "healthy engine" doensn't blow smoke but a damaged engine does, in which case, the engines in the game DO damage. But thats just my opinion as someone who likes hardcore simulation.
akima

#8 Post by akima » 07 May 2020 16:54

Exhaust smoke could be used to create a beautiful visual cue that you have engine damage that needs repairing.

A generic exhaust smoke system implemented in the game could then also be tapped into by mods that introduce older truckers.
jarryed

#9 Post by jarryed » 07 May 2020 17:43

Exhaust smoke is never going to happen. I believe it was Pavel who confirmed this as it is part of the licensing agreements to not show this.

One thing I wouldn't mind seeing is heat haze, heat plumes....whatever you want to call it. Every truck does produce these.
You can never make a miserable person who complains about everything happy. They live by "If I can't be happy then no one can be happy."
rsr

#10 Post by rsr » 07 May 2020 20:09

jarryed wrote: 07 May 2020 17:43 Exhaust smoke is never going to happen. I believe it was Pavel who confirmed this as it is part of the licensing agreements to not show this.

One thing I wouldn't mind seeing is heat haze, heat plumes....whatever you want to call it. Every truck does produce these.
Any type of particle system implemented in the game I believe it would be enough to modders to make an adaptation to actuall smoke, but yeah just the heat haze or heat plumes by itself would be a very cool thing to see indeed

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”