Truck World: Australia

bobgrey1997

Re: Truck World: Australia

#181 Post by bobgrey1997 » 31 Mar 2022 19:43

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 31 Mar 2022 18:02 every truck and trailer has ABS (well it is called EBS and it is mandatory on ever truck+trailer) and it works 100% of the time, if it doesnt it means it is defective or the sensors are broken, its job is exactly to prevent the locking up of the wheels (the EBS version is even so advanced it locks/unlocks the brakes depending on the wheel many times a second) also all our newer trucks and trailers (at least the last 10 to 15 years maybe more) are equipped with disk brakes, there is no drum brake not even as option for all i know, this can also be a big factor, also, the weight of the vehicle is irrelevant for the ABS, it just checks if the wheel is rotating or not, if not, release brakes to get it rotating again
Is this Europe?
In the US, trucks have drum brakes, and the Emergency Braking System (EPS) is different from the Anti-lock Brake System (ABS). EBS utilizes ABS, but they are not the same thing.
And yes, ABS does not care about the Wright of the vehicle. However, the brakes themselves are effected by the vehicle's weight, and the weight can determine how prone they are to locking up.
xXCARL1992Xx

#182 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 31 Mar 2022 19:58

EBS (Electronic Braking System, and has nothing to do with power steering or do you mean ESP ?! wich again is traction control) is ABS and ASR (TCS for the englisch speaking) combined in one and electronic rather then pneumatic driven, it should prevent the truck from being uncontrollable during heavy braking where the system decides how much a wheel should brake depending on the situation
EBS differs from traditional anti-lock braking systems, or ABS, in that braking is controlled electronically rather than pneumatically, or by air. The driver applies the brakes, and the system calculates necessary actions for brake management. A brake signal transmitter replaces the foot valve and sends an electronic signal to the controller, which then signals braking needs to each axle group. The electronics system knows what the driver wants, calculates vehicle mass and calculates the pressure needed at the wheel ends.

Traditional pneumatic systems remain in place with EBS, so there’s redundancy, said Bendix’s Tober. Compressed air is used to apply the brakes, so if there’s an electrical failure, the brakes still function.
https://www.ttnews.com/articles/electro ... n-traction

it even starts to appear more and more in the US

@Dotec ah, does the Actros also has an option for it or only the Arocs?
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Optional Features

#183 Post by Optional Features » 31 Mar 2022 22:58

Wolfi wrote: 31 Mar 2022 17:39 Guess crappy ABS is an American thing then. Cause in the trucks I used to drive back in the day when ABS was more of a novelty rather than the norm, it never failed me. Mind you I only used it a couple of times on various trucks and more as a sort of "finding the limit" rather than full on emergency, but still, it was working as intended.
Like I said, American and European truck safety is miles apart.
Dotec

#184 Post by Dotec » 01 Apr 2022 03:12

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 31 Mar 2022 19:58Ah, does the Actros also has an option for it or only the Arocs?
Only arocs
Double M

#185 Post by Double M » 13 Apr 2022 16:59

Madkine wrote: 30 Mar 2022 11:29 Has anyone played this one?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/8738 ... Simulator/

Seems to have more simulation features, but a very small map.
When the next Steam sale is, I intend to buy it. At first glance it looks very good and promises a lot.

I have discovered this game and I have been left with a very positive first impression. It has left a very good taste in my mouth.
I will buy it. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1763 ... ruck_Game/

I have seen the video of this game and I liked it a lot. I think this is what ETS2 and ATS lack with regards to physics. The mountains look great, I think they wouldn't look bad in the Montana dlc or the Austria rebuild.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlENFskGEIg
Optional Features

#186 Post by Optional Features » 13 Apr 2022 17:06

My Truck Game has the physics I wish ATS had. Imagine those physics with textured roads (not the smooth ones we have). Potholes, ruts, bumps, etc on the road, then a rough gravel lot to drop off a trailer or dump some cargo. Would be much closer to a truck simulator.
cajar

#188 Post by cajar » 20 Apr 2022 21:31

Nice :D And what about driving school in ETS2/ATS? :D
Optional Features

#189 Post by Optional Features » 20 Apr 2022 21:36

cajar wrote: 20 Apr 2022 21:31 Nice :D And what about driving school in ETS2/ATS? :D
No clue lol.

One more pic:
[ external image ]
Shiva

#190 Post by Shiva » 21 Apr 2022 09:06

There was this thing called But it is now a quite old game.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”