ATS IRL Map

Bedavd

Re: ATS IRL Map

#41 Post by Bedavd » 14 Jan 2023 02:26

Finished up Texas after my tech issues! Hope you enjoy!

[ external image ]

One thing I had to deal with for Texas was the Frontage Roads. Sometimes SCS would have the roads connect over somewhat insane distances and between exits where they didn't connect in real life. Due to they way the layers are organized, the blue streets lay over the red Interstates. If I were to line Frontage Roads as SCS has them connect, a lot of the interstates when zoomed out would become thicker blue lines due to this. To save clarity (and time because I'd have to trace some sections of highway 2 or 3 times) I had to come up with something else. My solution to that was to only line the Frontage Roads around intersections, and if they continued on I lined in these arrows on the ends. If you click on the line, over on the left side the description will let you know where it continues to. Otherwise, you can just follow the highway down and find the next portion. If there's an arrow it goes somewhere further along in the direction that it points:
[ external image ]
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
nautofon

#42 Post by nautofon » 17 Mar 2023 23:07

^ I think the frontage road solution was good!

@Bedavd Here's the list of deliverable gas stations, as we discussed previously. It's accurate to 1.47. The beta brings no changes from 1.46. I also shared this list on the wiki last year, so it may look familiar to you. The locations and exit numbers refer to ATS. As you know, those sometimes differ from the real life ones.

www.dropbox.com/s/ra4r41cjyx8i0dd/gasstations-1.47.csv?dl=0  (download CSV)

BTW, these gas stations can be made visible on the in-game world map with a mod.
For driving without GPS navigation:  ATS Company/Facility Directory — C/FD
Bedavd

#43 Post by Bedavd » 06 Aug 2023 20:36

Oklahoma has been added!

[ external image ]
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
SerPounce

#44 Post by SerPounce » 06 Aug 2023 21:30

Sweet, thanks!
nautofon

#45 Post by nautofon » 07 Aug 2023 12:00

Very cool. Thank you!
For driving without GPS navigation:  ATS Company/Facility Directory — C/FD
larryscott

#46 Post by larryscott » 20 Sep 2023 04:40

You should add some pictures for Kansas City, I believe we 100% have it now, as that is I-70 about around mile marker 423. This pic is on the Kansas side, but it does show the Missouri side in the background.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Bedavd

#47 Post by Bedavd » 20 Sep 2023 15:05

Yeah, I’ve been behind getting blog locations in since I’ve been on a work retreat while starting my new job. I get back this weekend and plan to add all the Arkansas and Kansas photos that I’ve missed so far! I believe it’s just the AR blog, the Hutchinson, and the recent Water Bodies blog I’m missing at the moment.
larryscott

#48 Post by larryscott » 22 Sep 2023 01:07

Congratulations on the new job!
Brothergun

#49 Post by Brothergun » 25 Oct 2023 02:10

Just curious, will you do Arkansas anytime soon since some people have found out the locations in the Arkansas Discussion Thread?
Bedavd

#50 Post by Bedavd » 25 Oct 2023 15:38

I plan to! I’ve got the layer all set up I just need to dip back into the forums to find the locations that were pin pointed. I’ll be able to get to that this week.

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”