ATS IRL Map

Reignman

Re: ATS IRL Map

#31 Post by Reignman » 22 Mar 2022 01:27

Bedavd wrote: 26 Feb 2022 18:31Hey thanks so much, I appreciate it! I put a good amount of time into the map (mostly when a DLC releases), so knowing others enjoy it really makes it feel worth it.

I think, partially because of this map, I’m more excited for the reworks than I am for the new maps, it will bother me to no end how horrible the roads near Fresno and around SoCal look until we finally get them completed rebuilt.
You should see how bad the ETS2 roads are, especially on the older maps lol. Most of the roads don't even have labels so it really messes with the detailed logs I like to keep. I think I spend more time trying to figure out what little town or road I'm on than I do driving over there.
halbtollekreatur

#32 Post by halbtollekreatur » 24 Jul 2022 16:15

Have you ever thought about expanding the map for mods like ProMods or Reforma? Would be a interesting project as well. Maybe as a new map?!
Bedavd

#33 Post by Bedavd » 24 Jul 2022 17:03

I have thought about it for ProMods, but I don’t really use it that much because there have been some bugs that really annoyed me. So probably just gonna stick to vanilla ATS for the moment. Maybe that’ll change in the future if I pick ProMods back up.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
Bedavd

#34 Post by Bedavd » 06 Aug 2022 08:04

Finished adding in the roads, towns, and companies for Montana this evening. Hope everyone enjoys! Texas is gonna take me forever but I saved so much time by pre-placing the more obvious roads and filling in the rest once the map was revealed. I'm getting good at this, maybe I'll start putting it on my resume lol

[ external image ]
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
Tristman

#35 Post by Tristman » 06 Aug 2022 12:34

Nice, I love the birthday cake icon for what I assume is Sweet Beets? I still need to put all facilities on my map and go over the downtown areas, but overall the roads are all in place.
I have no idea which roads to expect for Texas, so that one is going to be a nightmare to do.

Honestly, I think you could put mapmaking skills on your resumé, by now this map is quite a big project you've worked on.
Bedavd

#36 Post by Bedavd » 06 Aug 2022 15:36

Thank you! Yeah I can get the logos for the new companies, birthday cake = Sweet Beets; plug = Faraday Energy; and the plane = Great Falls Cargo.
SenseFM

#37 Post by SenseFM » 27 Aug 2022 15:05

As always, very good job @Bedavd, and you have been fast! I haven't been able to drive to Montana during the first half of the month, so till now I hadn't look at your last update to not spoil myself much about the scenery towns :) . It's great that your map lets you see what streets of the cities have been recreated and the precise location of the companies IRL. Do you plan to add the hidden road between Thompson Falls and Lookout Pass?
Bedavd

#38 Post by Bedavd » 27 Aug 2022 21:36

Thanks! I got started on the Montana roads really early based on the screenshots, so I just had to fill in the details when it released.

I don’t think I’ll do it he hidden roads. I’m out of map layers now, but maybe when the base map rework is done I’ll add them. I’m just worried that if SCS ramps up state production I’m be out of layers anyways for photo locations lol.
Bedavd

#39 Post by Bedavd » 28 Dec 2022 16:53

Hey everyone. Hope you're having a great holiday season. Sorry it has taken far longer than normal for me to update my map fully. I had an incident with my PC that I haven't had the money to fix for the past month. I was able to order the parts I need today so early next year everything should be caught up!
festmache

#40 Post by festmache » 28 Dec 2022 21:07

Great @Bedavd, your work is appreciated :)
vanilla player, loving ETS2, loving ATS even more! | 🇳🇱 🇪🇺
Map with all cities | Personal cabin accessories

[ external image ]

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”