Wyoming Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#6141 Post by flight50 » 30 Jun 2022 14:16

Wyoming was my favorite before Cody and US-14. I still haven't played the open beta but yes I think its very very impression on what Davido's team has done, is doing and will do in the future. They have some speedy guys that have talent and maintaining quality too. Maybe it will rub off on some of the older guys, lol. If the US could be mapped in less than 10 years, great. Do it in 8 and still have quality, perfect. On to Canada or Mexico much faster. If ATS could just take off and get even 50% of the daily players of ETS2, a lot more support and things could happen. Right now, its just about chipping away at things. So many things can help the cause but its up to SCS to implement better gameplay.
Optional Features

#6142 Post by Optional Features » 30 Jun 2022 17:43

flight50 wrote: 30 Jun 2022 14:16 If ATS could just take off and get even 50% of the daily players of ETS2, a lot more support and things could happen. Right now, its just about chipping away at things. So many things can help the cause but its up to SCS to implement better gameplay.
I strongly believe it could, but not because of more maps. We need more features and more freedom. The bigger the impact we can have on the game world and the more we can interact with the truck, trailer, and load, the more people will play.
fra_ba

#6143 Post by fra_ba » 01 Jul 2022 10:42

Aside from more logos and trailer skins (technically companies but they are just a bunch of logos tbh), I doubt ETS2 has extra features and freedom compared to ATS.
Tristman

#6144 Post by Tristman » 01 Jul 2022 11:03

Well they are also ahead in industries. For example, they have quite a few car producers as well as large car shipping terminals, solar power plants, nuclear power plants, tire producers, a large furniture store chain (IKEA), a motorcycle producer and a forklift producer.

Hopefully we'll get these in ATS as well in due time.

That said, in terms of map quality I think ATS is lightyears ahead of ETS2.
oldmanclippy

#6145 Post by oldmanclippy » 01 Jul 2022 13:11

I was able to see the rest of Cody and US-14 from Cody to Greybull, and it's absolutely fantastic. They could have phoned Cody in, but instead they actively decided to try and make one of the best cities in the game. Tons of unique prefabs, great vistas outside the city, and a nice preview of the Montana companies. Excellent job. It's hard for me to call it better than Jackson since I've been to Jackson IRL and am able to comment on its realism, but it's definitely in the running for most well-done city in the game IMO. From looking at Street View I can tell that it's quite accurate. It's pretty crazy how much attention to detail was put in. It's that attention to detail combined with the commitment to try to get more sweeping vistas in the game (compare the distance you feel to mountains in Wyoming vs Iberia) that I really appreciate. I think Montana is gonna be great, especially if they can figure out how to make the mountain passes more dramatic. Now just need to ramp up the industries/companies/cargo.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
flight50

#6146 Post by flight50 » 01 Jul 2022 13:24

Colorado is king of the mountains. Use their lead, ask questions. Sacrifices are made for good elevations though. All summits in Colorado are nicely done imo. If Montana knocks that out the park.......seeing what that team did in Wyoming, Montana is right on cue for me. The latest map dlc's goes to top of my list.

Wyoming does beat out Colorado for me but not by a lot. Both are the best ATS has to offer to date hands down imo. Davido's team is making a name for themselves just like Parik's team did with Washington. I hope the same for Simon's team. Both Simon and Davido where part of Patrik's team at one point perhaps. I know Simon was on Washington with Patik but not positive on Davido. I think Davido mention he came when Oregon was w.i.p. but Oregon was when ATS started up 2 map teams.
oldmanclippy

#6147 Post by oldmanclippy » 01 Jul 2022 14:29

Unfortunately the only roads with a summit in ATS that I've driven IRL, US-550, US-160, US-285, and US-26, are all missing proper summits in-game :( US-70 and US-34 have great summits, as does US-50 IIRC.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
Optional Features

#6148 Post by Optional Features » 01 Jul 2022 17:52

SCS doesn't like steep grades, and they really don't like intimidating backdrops. They could probably double the height of every mountain backdrop on the map with no negative effect.
oldmanclippy

#6149 Post by oldmanclippy » 01 Jul 2022 22:04

I hope stuff like that is coming with Montana. The mountains behind Innsbruck and in Grossglockner are massive as far as Prism3D goes. They've figured out how to push the engine to its limit over on the ETS2 side, we just need some of that knowledge on the ATS side. Colorado was pretty good for the most part but some of the summits were major letdowns or just non-existent. Tetons were superb, Bighorns were pretty darn good, Wind River Range not so good. Hopefully Montana can finish the Rockies strong, but some of the passes in that blog looked underwhelming. We will have to see.

Sierra Nevada has some really tall mountains but the engine doesn't handle them very well. So going much higher than Austria might not be an option without engine updates.
Last edited by oldmanclippy on 01 Jul 2022 22:07, edited 1 time in total.
Optional Features

#6150 Post by Optional Features » 01 Jul 2022 22:06

Yeah, I was looking at Lookout Mountain via devcam, and at least to start, I won't have to gear down much to climb that.

Return to “General discussion about the game”