Wyoming Discussion Thread

harishw8r

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#6041 Post by harishw8r » 12 Jun 2022 03:41

Would be nice to own a garage in Cody.
Xaagon

#6042 Post by Xaagon » 12 Jun 2022 15:02

I can't really say I'm late to the party here, as I read the news about Cody and US-14 but just didn't add my own comments. But I don't want to be one who complains loudly and doesn't offer a thank you when they acknowledge the issue and promise to address it.

This is great news. I think going forward SCS isn't likely to skip such a large area in future map DLCs knowing what our reactions would be.

Now I think my biggest wish for Wyoming is US-85. I still think there's a good chance to add parts of this with Nebraska & South Dakota.
Shiva

#6043 Post by Shiva » 12 Jun 2022 19:05

Zaagon, in theory https://www.google.com/maps/dir/42.2332 ... m2!4m1!3e0 could be possible.
But, would there then be place for Scottsbluff and maybe NE-29, depending on how they build Nebraska.
Yeah, it would be nice if there will be space for it, when Nebraska and South Dakota appears.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
Xaagon

#6044 Post by Xaagon » 12 Jun 2022 19:50

Yes, that's the stretch I was thinking of, also continuing US-85 into South Dakota. Since we have WY-59, US-85 wouldn't really be useful to ATS until South Dakota, assuming we get US-26 from I-25 through Scottsbluff to I-80. I think Scottsbluff is important enough to western Nebraska that it will be a marked city and it only makes sense to put that entire stretch of US-26 in. The question is, will SCS see enough value in adding US-85 or decide that WY-59 and US-385 are enough?
flight50

#6045 Post by flight50 » 12 Jun 2022 20:15

For whatever reason a person would have to not own Nebraska but own South Dakota, US-85 makes sense to get as one can avoid Nebraska and take a short cut via US-85 into South Dakota vs WY-59 or I-25. That route must have New Castle as scenic at least though. We'd need establishment from US-26 into Rapid City. Not to mention a miss for the Black Hills. Good density can come in that part of SD with US-385, US-85, US-16 and I-90 all routing thru or around the Black Hills.

US-85 could fall as Western extension roads into South Dakota for sure. Like Xaagon stated, it really comes into play with South Dakota. Gillette to Rapid City can have alternate routes. Another opportunity for detours to shine with alternate routes. If things happens this way, if you buy all the maps, it won't matter what dlc roads like US-85 comes with, you have all roads regardless. US-212 from Broadus perhaps kicks in with SD as well.
oldmanclippy

#6046 Post by oldmanclippy » 13 Jun 2022 17:39

Street view can't do it justice, but if US-16 gets in as a crossing from SD to WY it'd be amazing to get this view in: https://www.google.com/maps/@43.7261588 ... 312!8i6656, with the wide open expanse of Thunder Basin stretching out as far as the eye can see after emerging from the Black Hills. It's truly a sight to behold on a clear day.

Newcastle should definitely at least get a remote depot or two. Lots of industry in that town. I think it'd be a big missed opportunity if we only were able to access the Black Hills from the South Dakota side, and Newcastle is the main node to get in from the Wyoming side. I was pushing for Newcastle as marked with Wyoming but I think if it comes with SD then we'll be good.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
flight50

#6047 Post by flight50 » 13 Jun 2022 22:30

That seems like a very easy view to pull off for ATS. Pretty simple. We have some views in the game now that pull that distance off with baked in models. I too pitched for New Castle as marked but I think it was just too close to SD and too far East in Wyoming. If we are lucky though, maybe it comes with remote depot to Rapid City. I doubt because to date, I don't think SCS adds anything remote to another state if you look at borders. At this point, I don't think it can come with Wyoming if its an extension road to SD. But if the sector for NC is part of South Dakota, I don't see why SCS can't make exceptions. In order to even get New Castle to begin with, you'd have to have the South Dakota dlc anyways.

Small chance we get both Spearfish and Rapid City. Spearfish has Wharf Mine, Spearfish Forest Products and other things that work right off US-85. Rapid City has a cement plant with lots of other industry. Getting US-16 from Wyoming combined with US-85 from the Cheyenne region would be nice. As states get smaller, SCS just might have the capacity to add more roads to dense up the map.
oldmanclippy

#6048 Post by oldmanclippy » 13 Jun 2022 23:09

If we got two out of three of the following roads, then I don't see why that couldn't be marked as Wyoming DLC territory:

US-16 from Moorcroft to Newcastle
WY-450 from Black Thunder Coal Mine to Newcastle
US-85 from Lusk to Newcastle
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Xaagon

#6049 Post by Xaagon » 13 Jun 2022 23:32

flight50 wrote: 13 Jun 2022 22:30 Small chance we get both Spearfish and Rapid City.
Why small chance? I would guess Rapid City is in for sure. It's the 2nd most populous city in South Dakota. Spearfish is the 10th most populous city and is about 45 miles away. I'm even thinking they might even try to find a way to throw in Sturgis as scenic, but that would likely result in some creative liberties with the geography. That is, put Spearfish right on the Wyoming border and push Rapid City a bit east of where it should be, then shorten things up somewhere east of Rapid City to make up for it.
flight50

#6050 Post by flight50 » 14 Jun 2022 00:32

oldmanclippy wrote: 13 Jun 2022 23:09 If we got two out of three of the following roads, then I don't see why that couldn't be marked as Wyoming DLC territory:

US-16 from Moorcroft to Newcastle
WY-450 from Black Thunder Coal Mine to Newcastle
US-85 from Lusk to Newcastle
Its about sectors. If New Castle is not in the sector that is part of the Wyoming dlc, it will be part of the South Dakota dlc. I don't think SCS can use a sector from a different dlc and lock it to another sector in a different dlc. In order to have a remote depot in NC, it would have to be tagged to Gillette, Spearfish or Rapid City. It might not be possible to get NC with Wyoming if the Gillette sector doesn't cover New Castle. I could be wrong but so far, Eastern parts of a dlc always comes with the following dlc. If we can't see into the next dlc with the dev cam, that is typically the indication that its the next sector.

@Xaagon Small chance vs zero chance for both is what I was saying. Rapid City should be a lock hand down. I think you misinterpreted. I'm not saying neither comes. With the curve of I-90, SCS can squeeze in Spearfish and have Sturgis as scenic for sure like you said. Spearfish and Gillette can exist if Spokane and CDA can. But whether big chance or small chance.....a chance is a chance, lol. The Black Hills vegetations helps a lot too.

Without US-85 the only road into South Dakota from Wyoming is I-90 and that would suck only having that one road. We'll need more extensions. Otherwise, that means no US-85, no US-18, no US-16. US-85 would have to show up one way or another. We can't have US-16 @ US-85 without New Castle either. Wouldn't feel right at all. MT-585 doesn't make sense to make so its has to be US-16 into SD at least. But if you don't have Nebraska, how can you get from Rapid City to Cheyenne.....we'll have to get US-85 at least to US-26 which we already have to junction at I-25. US-385 is parallel yes, but it doesn't get us into Wyoming.

So I'm calling it now, lol. I think we get US-85 in the future...the more I think about it. Nebraska and South Dakota meets Wyoming's middle Eastern border between US-20 and US-18. I bet we get those roads on ads678's map in that area but I'm adding US-85 to the mix to add road density to the equation. Simply because US-385 doesn't get us into Wyoming but US-85 does. That way all three states can be traveled if one of the dlc's is missing for somewhat. Road density is key as the states get smaller. We'll need alternates to get around when you consider a possible missing dlc. I'd like to think every state gets more than just one road into it from and existing map.

Return to “General discussion about the game”