Texas Discussion Thread

oldmanclippy

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#5581 Post by oldmanclippy » 01 Oct 2022 14:41

So it is a "y". I like Syntetico better than Suntetico so that's neat :)
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Vinnie Terranova

#5582 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 01 Oct 2022 15:00

I also think Syntetico fits the company better than Suntetico. But in the end it's the gamer himself/herself who reads what he/she wants to read...
xXCARL1992Xx

#5583 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 01 Oct 2022 15:02

yeah kinda wonky font but i like it

[ external image ]
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
oldmanclippy

#5584 Post by oldmanclippy » 01 Oct 2022 15:23

Vinnie Terranova wrote: 01 Oct 2022 15:00 I also think Syntetico fits the company better than Suntetico. But in the end it's the gamer himself/herself who reads what he/she wants to read...
Well until you read the name of the company in a normal font on the job overlay screen :lol:
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Vinnie Terranova

#5585 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 01 Oct 2022 15:43

Yeah, that's true...! :D
flight50

#5586 Post by flight50 » 01 Oct 2022 16:12

I like Syntectico better as well. Too close to a u still imho. Definitely a weird font. I can see people on streams butchering up the name. Only those involved in this conversation whether guest or not, will know unless SCS spells it out on the blog.

I think the font is cool, it just comes with some weird lower case letters. All the capital letters are good.
interstate trav

#5587 Post by interstate trav » 01 Oct 2022 18:12

I wonder if they will have the at grade intersections along the 10 in Western Texas.
TRAINZFAN

#5588 Post by TRAINZFAN » 01 Oct 2022 20:07

Does anyone recognize this interchange/intersection?
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/i ... 920/14.jpg
Trakaplex

#5589 Post by Trakaplex » 01 Oct 2022 21:17

TRAINZFAN wrote: 01 Oct 2022 20:07 Does anyone recognize this interchange/intersection?
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/i ... 920/14.jpg
No, but it looks more Houston-ish and Beaumont-ish than Dallas-ish. I never found that one.
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation
flight50

#5590 Post by flight50 » 01 Oct 2022 22:57

So wind power, space and the glass plant are the only industries left on the microsite unless they have something up their sleeves. Good chance all are also new companies. Vista powers is fairly new but even still, with Texas it could go as a new company. But if not, at least new prefabs. Considering Texas has the largest concentration of them in the US, I think Texas could pull off having 2 companies. I'd love to get more than 3 wind farms. Colorado introduced it but it missed on a huge concentration of them off US-550. Montana didn't bring any so hopefully Texas does more than what Colorado did. Hopefully Texas adds more cargo for it as well along with reworked cargo that more realistic.

Space industry, no telling what all happens there but new cargo for sure. I love to get some Special Transport here. Big, oversided, long, etc. Be spontaneous here. Something cool to excite would be cool. I am sure people are thinking something rocket or shuttle related. We never got a fuselage with Darwing. Perhaps we can get that with the space depot coming.

Last is the glass plant. I can see 2-3 additional companies coming here. I'd say 1 for construction, 1 for vehicles and one for food industry. If a 4th comes, it could got to the household industry. That could cover everything irl too. The glass industry won't be much of an industry without transporting large panes of glass. Large panels of glass on A-Frames would be nice. If we can get new construction depots, that covers glass for the construction industry that's a win. We need alternates for Plaster & Sons though. Construction sites and the building materials depot are Plaster & Sons. One of the top most over used. 1-2 new construction companies would be awesome. Make a windows and doors manufacturer would be sweet for the situation as well.

Overall, there could still be plenty of new prefabs and depots to come. If the devs are listening to the community, they have a chance to make Texas something worth not hesitating on buying. It might be more expensive but with the content it can pack, it could indeed be a very persuasive dlc. I still think the strong point of the dlc will be the road network and the cities. But close behind it should be ICCs. Just give me a date for pto. As usual, I already warned my team lead.

Return to “General discussion about the game”