Texas Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#5491 Post by flight50 » 27 Sep 2022 22:08

They haven't left off a major city because none have been on a border like Texarkana. Kansas City will be in the same boat next year. But why would they move Texarkana West? That doesn't warrant them adding it to Texas any more that leaving it where its suppose to be. There's no reason to move it off the border. That defeats the purpose of it being Texarkana. State line road should be dead smack on that border. They should build around that with that road being a 100% lock. You can't get a state line if its not on the state line. That wouldn't feel right for the city of Texarkana.

We can easily get a logical map with fluid travel without Texarkana though. Zero dead ends. I wouldn't expect anything North of I-30 until Oklahoma and Arkansas comes or well after Texas releases. South of I-30 is where all the focus would be. This is why Texarkana is not a must have right away. Even US-271 from Mt. Pleasant to Longview can work instead of TX-49. Something will have to connect I-30 to I-20 though prior to getting to Texarkana.
[ external image ]
Last edited by flight50 on 27 Sep 2022 22:26, edited 2 times in total.
oldmanclippy

#5492 Post by oldmanclippy » 27 Sep 2022 22:16

I do think that the existence of Tenaha as scenic does give us a bit of a hint. Maybe it's just laying the groundwork for Texarkana to come later, maybe there's some remote depots along that route, but like I said I think if we got some more info about East Texas it would be less of a shot in the dark in terms of speculating what we're getting or not getting. I go back and forth on whether I think Texarkana will come. I think it might be something we won't find out about until the map reveal. Which is cool, I like some of the last info to come with the map reveal. Always some neat surprises in there.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
flight50

#5493 Post by flight50 » 27 Sep 2022 22:20

Tenaha definitely setups up Texarkana for the future. It only indicates US-96 and US-59 for now. But getting it also connects up Longview to Houston or Longview to Beaumont. All can be done without Texarkana. Along the way we have scenic towns. Marshall, Carthage, Tenaha, Jasper, Nacogdoches, Livingston, San Augustine and probably others. Lufkin is also in the mix but between it and Nacogdoches, one needs to be marked as well for East Texas, the other scenic.
Vinnie Terranova

#5494 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 27 Sep 2022 22:30

About Texarkana: can't SCS do Texarkana in a similar way like they are doing with El Paso / Ciudad Juarez? Just build a detailed part of Texarkana, TX, and a temporary less detailed Texarkana, AR. Of course roads that lead from Texarkana, TX, to Texarkana, AR, must be blocked of. I see no problem with a less detailed Texarkana, AR, for the moment: each city we already have in the base map or the releasedmap DLCs consists of a detailed part where we can drive, and a less detailed part where we cannot drive. The same can be done with Texarkana, TX, where Texarkana, AR is for the moment the less detailed part of Texarkana, TX. And when the Arkansas DLC is build, SCS just have to replace the less detailed Texarkana, AR, with a more detailed Texarkana, AR, so that we can drive from Texarkana, TX, to Texarkana, AR.
Hell_Raiser

#5495 Post by Hell_Raiser » 27 Sep 2022 22:38

The four corners monument is exactly on the border on the background map. Multiple roads and cities cross borderlines on the background map they don't cross in real life. But since the game isn't really constrained by the background map, the in game border can be shifted as needed to make stuff fit.

I think US-259 and US-190 do a better job at connecting Longview to Houston, Lufkin, and Beaumont. While we don't have confirmation of US-259 yet, it really fits too well to be left out, and will be important for OK. I think the northern stretch of US-59 and Tenaha are leading us somewhere else.
flight50

#5496 Post by flight50 » 27 Sep 2022 22:59

@Vinnie Terranova It wouldn't be wise to do as you state. If they are going to do Texarkana....they need to do Texarkana. Ciudad Juarez won't be accessed for another 10+ years so that's a totally different ball game. So no point in doing a less detailed Arkansas side. There is no river to separate like Portland and Vancouver to do less detail either. So if they are going to create Texarkana, do it all in full detail. But the biggest thing is, you can't see Texarkana from Longview nor Mt. Pleasant. So if they are not going beyond those points, Texarkana can hold. Ciudad Juarez can be seen from El Paso so it makes sense to be less detailed for El Paso. Texarkana doesn't fit that criteria in your statement.

@Hell_Raiser True that 4 corners is not on the border but you can't compare a monument to an entire city. Four Corners is off because of Arizona being pre current standards. The base map road planning was horrible. Same way Carson City is off. I just don't see them purposely pushing Texarkana off its mark when there is no reason to. There is no city conflicts for Texarkana within 150 miles. US-259 is fine. Like I mentioned, something has to connect I-30 to I-20. Doesn't have to be the ones I mentioned but something will have to. I'm just saying we don't need Texarkana to get to Longview or Beaumont from I-30.
Last edited by flight50 on 28 Sep 2022 12:03, edited 1 time in total.
etsuco05

#5497 Post by etsuco05 » 28 Sep 2022 01:30

Bedavd wrote: 24 Sep 2022 19:30 21 is here
25 is here but the overpass is likely one of the ones back closer to downtown
26 is here

Good job so far everyone. I've added everything that has been found so far to my map. For the record, atm we're still missing 3-6, 12, 14, and 19!
Pic 19 is looking westbound on Port Road at TX 146 in Seabrook: https://goo.gl/maps/yhheJs648rcJoiiM7
AKA “OKRoads”, USA road sign photographer and road scholar
flight50

#5498 Post by flight50 » 28 Sep 2022 01:36

@etsuco05 Nice. SCS already showed us the Port of Houston. I think it was on the 2021 xmas stream. Those ramps is exactly where that goes. Nice find. The stop signs are just missing.
Bedavd

#5499 Post by Bedavd » 28 Sep 2022 01:48

@etsuco05 Amazing find!
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
Hell_Raiser

#5500 Post by Hell_Raiser » 28 Sep 2022 02:59

Bedavd wrote: 24 Sep 2022 19:30 Good job so far everyone. I've added everything that has been found so far to my map. For the record, atm we're still missing 3-6, 12, 14, and 19!
Pic 5 is here. The buildings aren't quite right, but they are very close, and that is a very unique interchange.

Pic 6 is here US-90 I-10 interchange in San Antonio. The sign on the overpass is for exit 574, I-37/US-281 Corpus Christi/Johnson City

Return to “General discussion about the game”