Texas Discussion Thread

clifflandmark

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#8311 Post by clifflandmark » 26 Nov 2022 11:52

Sir, it would open another discussion.Devaluation of Lira is another story.I don't even think like the %90 of Turkey but %90's choices affect me.I don't know these two games' prices in Euro and USD but I want to draw attention to the preferences of humanbrain :

In the modern world, money is a commodity, which is the equivalent of labor.Whether SCS or Rockstar made the profit they expected or not, it doesn't matter to the consumer. The consumer will prefer the affordable one. As SCS fans, we romantically buy the DLC the day it comes out but how good trade is this for an outsider?

In practice, it doesn't work as you say. Let's watch the sales together.

I want SCS to make money as the rest of fans. I've all the DLCs except Valentine and Halloween paint packs.
Tristman

#8312 Post by Tristman » 26 Nov 2022 12:29

So what is your point exactly? Texas is too expensive because a game on sale is cheaper than it?
LegoTechnicFanBoi

#8313 Post by LegoTechnicFanBoi » 26 Nov 2022 13:16

@xXCARL1992Xx you are right. EVERYTHING is EXPENSIVE in Türkiye
SORRY FOR MY WRITING MISTAKES IN ENGLISH. I SOMETIMES NEED TO USE TRANSLATOR

A Proud LEGO Fan since childhood
saur44l

#8314 Post by saur44l » 26 Nov 2022 13:33

Yes,but games are a lot cheaper when compared to what they cost if you buy them in Western Europe,that is why many people from my country and the other countries from EX-YU are opening Turkish accounts on the gaming platforms or stores.
clifflandmark

#8315 Post by clifflandmark » 26 Nov 2022 13:37

Tristman wrote: 26 Nov 2022 12:29 So what is your point exactly? Texas is too expensive because a game on sale is cheaper than it?
lol You're almost there.

My point is that people probably use their money sensibly. :mrgreen:

Edit : Another problem is that even on this platform, the masses(citizens of Turkey), who indirectly caused the devaluation of the lira, talk about the cost of living in Turkey. This is the result.When the cost of living spoils their comfort, people should have asked "where did we go wrong?" Where do the taxes go? Where does your effort go? There is no other nation that pays taxes to destroy the lives of poor people they do not know.That costs a lot... What inconsistency is it to complain about the cost of living? Can't you understand, you caused this.

I also totally aggree what @saur44l said. Even though the devalutaion of lira, prices would be higher if it was directly converted from Euro or USD.In short, despite such expensiveness and taxation, Steam still favors folks in Turkey.

I guess a "sunlight" tax will also be collected in Turkey in the near future and they will say that they are doing it for the country and the nation. Then all the people who complain about the cost of living will cause a stampede to pay this tax first. :mrgreen:
Rockatansky6

#8316 Post by Rockatansky6 » 26 Nov 2022 15:33

The values ​​are expensive, it depends a lot on the economic situation of each country, and also on the financial status of each person. In Brazil, I still find DLC accessible in my opinion. But as we live in poorer countries, we know how much inflation, abusive taxes and policies (or corrupt politicians) are harmful to the people and their purchases.
xXCARL1992Xx

#8317 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 26 Nov 2022 15:43

it always is, ofc the game/dlcs are cheap in some countries compared to others like Germany or the US, but people in Germany or the US also earn 3x as much as these other countries (or more) but also pay 3x as much for the same, while in Türkiye it is expensive with their own currency to buy the Texas DLC (134 Lira) in Germany it cost almost 3x as much with our own currency (18€) if i would buy it with a Türkiye Steam account i would only pay almost 7€, the same reason why people buy Youtube Premium via VPN in Argentina for example, in Germany it costs 12€, in Argentina it is only 1€ if you convert it
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
flight50

#8318 Post by flight50 » 26 Nov 2022 15:49

I too do not get what does RDR2 has to do with Texas. Not even the same genre of a game. The cost of living is up for every since person on Earth. That includes SCS so what does cost for newly released dlc have to do with anything.

When HoR finally releases and when WB releases, I want to see people attempt to flame SCS then. The cost of Texas is justified but because it’s a different price than much much smaller ATS states, people keep taking about price when all we have done for the past 2 years is mention the price for Texas. People have been prep for years now and act surprised when Texas released.

SCS is not at fault for rises cost. They can not lower prices just for people to access a privilege. Games and dlc’s is not a must to survive life. If times are hard, make adjustments but expecting lower cost for a growing company does not make sense. SCS content for both games combined for a year still does not equal the price of a brand new game release that stands at 59.99 USD. I assume it’s also 59.99EU as well but new releases for a game that has and end and people never pick it up again vs a truck game that is never ending are 2 different extremes in gaming.
Trucker Nik

#8319 Post by Trucker Nik » 26 Nov 2022 16:32

I noticed that the weigh stations in Texas are missing the cameras that record you after you walk past or through the weigh station, some weigh stations are missing cameras altogether, is this a bug?

I don't know specifically which weigh stations it concerns, if anyone wants to look at it, I recommend checking all weigh stations
SuchManor

#8320 Post by SuchManor » 26 Nov 2022 19:15

Anyone know if there are any large distribution centers in Texas like the one in Denver? Seems like SCS completely ignored them in Texas. Plenty of small old prefab ones and tons of big distributions centers that are scenic though :roll:
What good is a world without good detail?
Check out my screenshots

Return to “General discussion about the game”