Texas Discussion Thread

Tristman

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#5591 Post by Tristman » 01 Oct 2022 23:21

Isn't there also several airplane manufacturers in Texas? They could bring Darwing over and expand it with a new depot and new cargo.
flight50

#5592 Post by flight50 » 01 Oct 2022 23:58

There's Lockheed Martin and Bell Helicopter I know for sure. Both in Ft. Worth in which there are plants. Bell works for sure. We have a Chinook and ETS2 has a helicopter that works in ATS. There are jet engines in the game that would be nice to get a manufacturer for instead of just popping up at rail yards or what not.

But the complete list is here https://businessintexas.com/business-se ... -aviation/. Now not all of these fit ATS probably. Its the facilities that can actually produce cargo is what ATS can use in Texas. IT would be nice to get more than just one of these though. Boeing/Darwing would be great. It would be cool to get Darwing there. But to be honest, I realllllly wish they let Annie redesign that one. At least remove the windows off the paint skin. It just looks to cartoony to me. I like everything about Darwing except those corny windows. Just let the concept artist design the trailer from now on.

[ external image ]
Jacob94

#5593 Post by Jacob94 » 02 Oct 2022 00:31

i really think nasa will let them have the logo in game lets hope so.
Optional Features

#5594 Post by Optional Features » 02 Oct 2022 00:50

flight50 wrote: 01 Oct 2022 22:57 So wind power, space and the glass plant are the only industries left on the microsite unless they have something up their sleeves. Good chance all are also new companies. Vista powers is fairly new but even still, with Texas it could go as a new company. But if not, at least new prefabs. Considering Texas has the largest concentration of them in the US, I think Texas could pull off having 2 companies. I'd love to get more than 3 wind farms. Colorado introduced it but it missed on a huge concentration of them off US-550. Montana didn't bring any so hopefully Texas does more than what Colorado did. Hopefully Texas adds more cargo for it as well along with reworked cargo that more realistic.
Yeah, this is the wind turbine tower we need from SCS. I shouldn't have to get it from a modder.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Hauling this was quite a challenge, as it should be. Doing the blade next.
flight50

#5595 Post by flight50 » 02 Oct 2022 01:08

I don't see anyone giving a license that don't offer cargo for trucking. That's a license SCS has to pay for that won't offer much. So far only Kenworth and Western Star. All the trucking manufacturers and trailer manufacturers could get in though. NASA isn't related to trucking so I wouldn't hold my breath on it. Volvo equipment should get it but depends on what SCS asked for in their license agreement. I know there is a depot that features Volvo equipment depot here in Dallas. Whether we get it, not telling but it would be a missed opportunity for Texas considering we got a licensed equipment dlc.

https://www.google.com/maps/@32.9520689 ... 8192?hl=en

close up

https://www.google.com/maps/@32.9512706 ... 8192?hl=en

Beltline Rd, I'd say is one of the major roads in Dallas that is a loop around Dallas. Getting exit 443B would get us to this Volvo featured depot We could get DFW airport so Volvo could give DFW some company in the area so that it won't be alone. If we had a chance at getting I-635, West of I-35 to get to DFW would be the best shot we have. But there are several ways to get into DFW so anything could come. I'd imagine an Interstate gets first preference. SH would be next so TX-121 or TX-114. Last would be a major avenue. To make matters trickier for DFW airport, there are 2 entrances, a North and a South. We can't get both though a 1:20 scale. DFW Airport is like 2-3 Dallas towncenters. I'd imagine it would be similar to how Denver's airport worked. Instead of Ultimus, I'd rather see Posted, UDS or something imitating Amazon like Congo Logistics or Nile Transport or something.

@seriousmods Ohhhh wow. Now that is nice. Where did you get that from? If they can figure out how to do a blade, that means it can be done. That means that it would be time for SCS to figure it out. But I can say, that tower part is 100% more legit than the one we got. That matches the size for the one I have posted in the ST link in my signature. Now that trailer might be pushing the limits for the general public. Make it a 4 axle for the jeep and the booster and SCS might pull that off. The tower length is iffy too though. Maybe make it the length of the caged cargo, the blue silo or the Chinook.

The blade...did the modder also make the blade or you are saying they are making a blade next.
Last edited by flight50 on 02 Oct 2022 01:19, edited 3 times in total.
Reignman

#5596 Post by Reignman » 02 Oct 2022 01:12

Forgive me if this has been brought up before, I haven't read all 560 pages, but while exploring some of the cities that border Texas (Hobbs, Carlsbad, Las Cruces) with dev cam, I noticed you can go quite deep into Texas already and I stumbled onto a few Texas cities under development.

The first one I found was Seminole down hwy 62 from Hobbs.

[ external image ]

Can't remember where this one was, Odessa I think, but looks like they were testing an oversized load.

[ external image ]

The border south of Carlsbad here.

[ external image ]

El Paso looking south at Mexico.

[ external image ]

Getting my first taste of that wild El Paso interchange lol.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Texico

[ external image ]

And found what looks like one of those new Cotton farms SE of Hobbs.

[ external image ]

And no idea what's going on here lol, but found some random military assets strewn onto the back of some hill.

[ external image ]

I also noticed Raton got a bit of a facelift which included a hwy 64/87 connection headed east in the direction of Oklahoma, so I assume that's coming after Texas? I couldn't find any partially developed cities in Oklahoma yet though xD.
flight50

#5597 Post by flight50 » 02 Oct 2022 01:24

@Reignman What you show is what alot of people used the dev cam for when open beta 1.45 first released. Blogs also cover some things like the bridges and interchanges, El Paso got a blog, Cotton Gin was a blog and with 1.45, we can access the reworked junction in Raton already. We don't need Texas to get it. We need Texas to get on US-87 beyound that though. US-87 gets us into Texas from Colorado. It doesn't go into Oklahoma.

1.46 is around the corner. It should be the compatibility update. Everything leading into Texas will be the polished version so what you show now, is 1.45 material. 1.46 could bring finalized changes. A lot of people will use the dev cam as soon as 1.46 ob releases. Good chance that happens this upcoming week or the following.
Jacob94

#5598 Post by Jacob94 » 02 Oct 2022 03:41

we have 7 topics left so does this mean if they keep doing blogs about it it would be early november for texas release. like the 1 or the 3rd or 8th or 10th of november.
Attachments
unknown.png
Optional Features

#5599 Post by Optional Features » 02 Oct 2022 03:52

flight50 wrote: 02 Oct 2022 01:08 @seriousmods Ohhhh wow. Now that is nice. Where did you get that from? If they can figure out how to do a blade, that means it can be done. That means that it would be time for SCS to figure it out. But I can say, that tower part is 100% more legit than the one we got. That matches the size for the one I have posted in the ST link in my signature. Now that trailer might be pushing the limits for the general public. Make it a 4 axle for the jeep and the booster and SCS might pull that off. The tower length is iffy too though. Maybe make it the length of the caged cargo, the blue silo or the Chinook.
Yeah, this is a proper size: it's not fun to drive in some areas, but that's how it should be.
The blade...did the modder also make the blade or you are saying they are making a blade next.
Here's the blade: this might be interesting.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
flight50

#5600 Post by flight50 » 02 Oct 2022 04:28

That blade is also one that I posted in the ST thread as part of turbine parts. A modder did it...great. How well does the rears work on the trailer with the blade though. That is the main question. Does it use rear steerable axles? That is exactly what I proposed once with the extend tube trailer. Which is exactly what you posted.

Return to “General discussion about the game”