Texas Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#5571 Post by flight50 » 01 Oct 2022 07:12

The best part about Friday's blog is that the new companies receive new prefabs as well. Its really the preferred way vs rebranding existing. Rebranding is still better than nothing at all and continuing to overuse older companies. Especially reusing them in a state like Texas were SCS should be expecting a lottttt of people to invest money into. For a price jump, Texas needs to appeal and the best way for Texas to appeal is to throw the kitchen sink at it. The concept artist talent is lights out good. They can single handed open up ATS visually. 2016 visuals is old news. Once Annie got hired, the outlook for SCS games drastically improved.

I think the environment can take off even more if SCS is transitioning to more SCS parody companies. Let the lawyers worry about the legal stuff. Get approvals and go at it. I still think SCS can make the most global changes to ATS once Texas is released. There should be a lot that Texas adds that can get spread around to existing states over time. It really depends on what companies are targeted as national, which are regional and which are state specific. Its those national companies that Texas adds that can add the biggest splash and mean soooo much for existing states. There's a solid group of national retail stores that boost ATS's economy a lot. It adds to affected industries a lot. Agriculture, oil/gas, automotive and household industries have the most to offer for the entire economy of the game. I see it like this, walk around your house, eyeball everything. Notice how many industries have to be involved to get you things you bought that is in your house. Now think about things it took to make your house. That's a whole other ball game of products. Now look in your garage or driveway. Those are some major industry sectors in the economy that could easily get dumped into ATS's economy.

Getting as much of those major groups is the type of diversity and variety I'd love to see ATS get. ETS2 is much closer to that but even it can add significantly to what I'm speaking. So if Texas is about to be the turning point and the sure sign of focus for ICCs moving forward, I'd like to say that SCS just might have redeemed themselves. With concept artist now on board, mappers can now focus on mapping. With a research team added, mappers can map. Back in the day, mappers had to do it all. Not anymore so I expect a fleshed out ATS economy not and ATs could be on that path finally. I once said, I'm looking beyond Texas. Texas is expected to add umpteen new things. Its life after Texas I want to see. How much will Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, Dakotos, Louisiana, Arkansas add. What and how will they bring things to the table. If each of those can offer a new industry cool. But even better is the offerings of new prefabs, new cargo and new companies to existing industries. At some point, ATS will run out of industries to add but they shouldn't run out of new companies and cargo as fast. I think with dedicated pairs of concept artist for each game, I'd like to think a new trend is about to jump start. I think that trend is putting focus where it should be.........ICC's.
flight50

#5572 Post by flight50 » 01 Oct 2022 07:47

Pic 7 and Pic 8 are very intriguing to me. For me they indicated that SCS has implemented oil/gas beyond just the desert lands. There's a ton of oil/gas sites thru out Texas. Believe it or not, they are not all concentrated in the desert areas. So these 2 pics gives us lush green environments. Its something I've been hoping for honestly. Getting to travel thru brush and wooded areas off road to get to industry. The one thing Texas should have a ton is space in remote areas. This is where off road industry can sign. This goes for oil/gas, farming, wind farms/energy companies and logging. There's not mountains like in the West so hopefully road path density is much easier to implement in flatter lands.
Vinnie Terranova wrote: 01 Oct 2022 06:40 It's definately Syntetico, because Suntetico wouldn't make sense; the company has nothing to do with the sun. Besides this, a stylized 'u' would make no sense as it would emphasize that the company would have something to do with the sun. But based on the screenshots it looks like the company is a refinery plant. The screenshots of Syntetico are in the second part of the blog about chemical and refinery plants. Also I would stylize an 'u' differently so it would not look like an 'y' because otherwise people can be confused. And as an important industrial company the last thing you want is people getting confused.

Anyway, the missing 'h' is strange...
Tristman wrote: 01 Oct 2022 07:05 Synthetic in Spanish is sintético, so the missing h makes sense to me. Wouldn’t be the first thing in Texas with a Spanish or Spanish-inspired name.

@flight50 Definition of the word synthetic according to Google: (of a substance) made by chemical synthesis, especially to imitate a natural product.
"synthetic rubber"

So I think Syntetico makes sense. And I agree with Bedavd, having the end of a u drawn out like that would be a really strange way to stylize it.
At the end of the day, its just a name. It doesn't affect how we play one way or another. But a name doesn't always have to make sense to us. We didn't come up with the name but I'm sure there's meaning behind things from SCS's perspective. But no sense in debating it any further. I'll let @SCS_Annie confirm and make clarity adjustments if need be. We can speculate all day long but she can squash the debate.

Fyi, using taking Suntentico/Syntentico into Photoshop italicized, there are several fonts that do not curve the "u". I'm sure Annie used Illustrator though so I might not have the exact font she's using. I agree with a y makes more sense but that is not what it looks like to me. What doesn't make sense is purposely cutting off the tail if its a y is my question. It would have to be a layering issue or mask issue if its cut off. Nevertheless, I'll defer to her confirmation when she chimes in for the explanation.

Same logo, same text, just stacked now vs side by side. Repeating the flask cut off and cut of y repeated.......I'd think they'd catch that. Main reason it all seems deliberate to me. The whole point of art, its creativity. Not everything has to make sense to us. As an artist/designer myself, its being different that keeps SCS from legal issues when creating logos and company names.

[ external image ]
Sora

#5573 Post by Sora » 01 Oct 2022 09:18

I'm going to go with a stylized "y", here, because a "u" should look more similar to the "n" right next to it. The fact that the tail extends below the word at all is also telling; that's normal for a "y", but not for a "u", as can be seen in this very sentence.

As mentioned, the name itself is a logical fusion of the words "synthetic" and "sintético". You could also view it as a corruption or stylization of the latter word on its own; this wouldn't be terribly unusual or uncommon, either.

I guess you could maybe argue that 'suntetico' invokes Sunoco, but I feel like that's something they were trying to get away from doing recently.
Jacob94

#5574 Post by Jacob94 » 01 Oct 2022 10:08

one thing to say texas is amazing the map devs did amazing on it and plus i have my radio stations presets set to local channels to a beaumont station houston and lake charles
so that i can drive in galveston and listen to the houston beaumont when im in beaumont.
flight50

#5575 Post by flight50 » 01 Oct 2022 11:12

Well it's not out yet so there's more to be revealed by SCS and by us thru map discovery. Howvamazing Texas can be is still upbin the air. SCS won't show us the entire state though. Just some of the good stuff. I'm sure more new prefabs will come forth along with more new companies that Annie mentioned. What we got recently covers the main branch for new gas companies. Could be new gas stations following them. Wouldn't be strange to get more new gas companies to out number the refineries.

Then there is grocery, general retail, agriculture, logistics, new car dealerships, beverage, steel and construction industries that could bring new stuff. There's possible new for these that could come. One thing for sure is that each screenshot released, is a potential for more new.

I can't wait to see the developer stream on this one. An under the hood blog and a stream could be in play for this one. The team behind Texas, including Pavel, they all could be part of this stream. It's a big deal for the ATS team I bet.
Vinnie Terranova

#5576 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 01 Oct 2022 11:25

flight50 wrote: 01 Oct 2022 07:47Fyi, using taking Suntentico/Syntentico into Photoshop italicized, there are several fonts that do not curve the "u". I'm sure Annie used Illustrator though so I might not have the exact font she's using.
It doesn't matter wether Annie uses Photoshop or Illustrator. It's more about wether she uses the fonts that come with Photoshop or Illustrator, or that she uses a (commercial) font pack. I even think she creates her own fonts. Which then can be used in Photoshop and Illustrator.
Shiva

#5578 Post by Shiva » 01 Oct 2022 11:51

Yep. Font made by Peter Wiegel. Maass Slicer
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
Vinnie Terranova

#5579 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 01 Oct 2022 13:58

Nice find! So SCS is using free fonts. Always nice to have some more information about how SCS works.
flight50

#5580 Post by flight50 » 01 Oct 2022 14:36

@xXCARL1992Xx Nice. Thanks for the find. That's quite an odd style for the a few letters. p,q and y cut off but g keeps the tail to be distinguishable from q I suppose. I can definitely say, I've never seen a y or would even think a y would be created like that. If it raised question here, it will elsewhere too. I'm sure I won't be the only one questioning it once the dlc releases. This forum is sort of like the first line of discussion for things before a release. Sometime SCS makes adjustments, sometimes they don't.

Return to “General discussion about the game”