Texas Discussion Thread

oldmanclippy

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#5712 Post by oldmanclippy » 04 Oct 2022 23:15

@Mooner_37 in what context did you find these city names? Are they all scenic or could some be marked or just on road signs? Are the "and more places" places we've already seen, and if not could you list them as well?
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Sora

#5713 Post by Sora » 04 Oct 2022 23:20

Slightly disappointed there's seemingly no H-E-B equivalent (unless it's Pickit with creative liberties), but I'll live. Seems like a promising list regardless.

I'd be very surprised if all of those cities are marked. It seems... unlikely, that we'd get all three of Tyler, Longview, and Marshall between Dallas and Shreveport. Most of the others I could see going either way.
Mooner_37

#5714 Post by Mooner_37 » 04 Oct 2022 23:37

@oldmanclippy There were also city names on the game files you've already seen e.g: Dallas, Forth Worth, Austin, Houston, Abilene, Amarillo, Lubbock, Beaumont, Galveston, ...

My explanation how I found the game files can be found in a PM to you. It could be possible that we could see them on the road signs of the Texas DLC e.g. exit signs, mileage signs, road direction signs. Even as scenic cities it could be possible.

The list of city names I found in the game files:

* El Paso, Amarillo, Adrian, Canyon, Bovina, Van Horn, Fort Stockton, Odessa, Pecos, Abilene, Big Spring, Sonora, Junction, San Antonio, Valentine, Marfa, Marathon, Sanderson, Dryden, Del Rio, Orla, McCamey, San Angelo, Fredericksburg, Uvalde, Ballinger, La Pryor, Carrizo Springs, Eagle Pass, Dalhart, Dumas, Plainview, Lubbock, Farwell, Texico, Lariat, Seminole, Lamesa, Childress, Wichita Falls, Forth Worth, Guthrie, Seymour, Anson, Austin, Waco, La Grange, Early, Lampasas, Killeen, Dallas, Belton, Cameron, West, Stephenville, Alvarado, Comanche, Schulenberg, Houston, Huntsville, Marquez, Centerville, Corsicana, Tyler, Powell, Chandler, Lindale, Saint Jo, Gainesville, Denton, Longview, Marshall, Mineola, Tenaha, Bronson, Jasper, Buna, Beaumont, Lufkin, Livingston, Huntington, Kountze, Woodville, Humble,
Last edited by Mooner_37 on 05 Oct 2022 00:04, edited 2 times in total.
Current Headquarters: Liège, Berlin, L.A. Luxemburg, Seattle
Current Trucks: ETS2: 15 ATS: 2
Driving Truck: ETS2: DAF XF ATS: Peterbilt 579
Current Mileage: ETS2: 462,317 km (287,270 miles) - ATS: 384,392 km (238,850 miles)
Level: ETS2: 65 - ATS: 55
Ryley03d

#5715 Post by Ryley03d » 04 Oct 2022 23:51

WE CAN'T GO TO CARLSBAD CAVERNS!!1!!!!!!!!1!!
(I was using flycam and saw the signs, there were xxxx's on the road there
oldmanclippy

#5716 Post by oldmanclippy » 05 Oct 2022 00:11

Mooner_37 wrote: 04 Oct 2022 23:37 @oldmanclippy There were also city names on the game files you've already seen. My explanation can be found in a PM to you. The list is quite long to add them all. I'm not sure at all if they could be marked or just on road signs.
Gotcha thank you. Mileage targets I'm pretty sure are for things that for sure exist, as towns that don't exist in-game but are still on mileage markers won't have a position value in the game world. So anything in the file should be visit-able in-game. EDIT: Nope that's not true, there's Shreveport Louisiana so can't conclude much Someone should correct me if I'm wrong. @Shiva might know the answer. Assuming that is true, I'll put my comments in spoilers:

Actually it might be true, the only cities I can find outside existing states are Williston, Belle Fourche, and Shreveport, which might be the only cities that would be in existing sectors. I don't know what to think now. Someone with more knowledge might be able to clear the air. I'll look at SCS modding documentation to see if I can tell.

Babb, MT is there and it's not in the game. So yes, we can't conclude a lot off of this list, neither from presence nor absence. Here's all I think we can maybe conclude, based on strings of towns that might indicate we get the route that hits them:

Stephenville, Alvarado, and Comanche could potentially be evidence of US-67/US-377 east of US-183. Didn't see that coming.

Marquez, Centerville, and US-77 @ TX-7 are curveballs. Interesting.

Lindale and Mineola is US-69 north of I-20. Again, interesting.
Last edited by oldmanclippy on 05 Oct 2022 00:44, edited 4 times in total.
Sora

#5717 Post by Sora » 05 Oct 2022 00:26

Based on what's been posted so far, I think the more intriguing thing is what isn't there.

Specifically, anything northeast of Dallas that would otherwise be along US 75 (most notably Sherman/Denison), US 82 (most notably Paris), or I-30 (most notably Texarkana). Missing Nacogdoches and Carthage probably means that US 59 does not exist between Lufkin and Marshall. Which then begs the question: why is Marshall here, if neither adjacent section of US 59 exists yet? Probably just as an empty reference for I-20.
flight50

#5718 Post by flight50 » 05 Oct 2022 00:29

Tristman wrote: 04 Oct 2022 21:03 I'm very excited to see all these companies added, it really does feel like SCS listened to the community outcry here. Thank you so much!

As far everyone wondering about "who competes with who", checking variants of existing prefabs in the map editor gives a lot of insight:

Pickit - Eddy's and Tidbit
Equos - Sell Goods and Wallbert (warehouses)
Taylor - Plaster & Sons
Plugged - Charged
Golden Meadows - Sunshine Crops
X-Tech - HMS Machinery
Syntetico - Chemso
Asuma - Voltison Motors (warehouse) and Drake Car Dealer
Alis Cars - Drake Car Dealer
Nielsen - Bitumen
Chuck & Jack's - Deepgrove
GARC - Rail Export (intermodal) and Johnson & Smith/American Lines (supply depot)
Grand Pastures - Bushnell Farms
Vortex - Gallon Oil

And a little bonus about the DLC after this:

Great Falls Cargo Terminal has a variant named "ok_tulsa"

There's no competitor for the big and obvious one, but I don't really feel like making a fuss about it when they just gave us this much.
And it's important to remember that this list of companies might not be complete, and that a competitor might use unique prefabs that are not yet in the game files.
I'm sitting here thinking, what if there is a competitor to Walmart and they just aren't finished with it. The list above addresses pretty much all the most over used ones but not Wallbert? I'm not so sure they won't tackle it sooner or later. The main one we complain about the most not getting addressed would be odd. Helena in Montana didn't make things any better. I really hope to see a Dot, Dotts, Exclamation, Bulleseye...something, lol. I won't give up hope on that one. Mary's Cotton could open the doors to a lot of cotton made material. Walmart, Target, Sam's Club, Kohl's, Costco, Ross, TJ Maxxx, JCPenny......they are all front runs for cotton products from what wear were to personal use. Sams and Costco are bulk supercenters and works great for ATS. Target and Walmart are just supercenters. Good thing about supercenters is that they have the widest range of cargo options. They have cargo that feed Heartwood Furniture, Eddy's, Tidbit, Charged and Home Store.
Mooner_37

#5719 Post by Mooner_37 » 05 Oct 2022 00:31

Something tasty found by dev camming on I-10 with the open beta 1.46 today:

* US 54 from El Paso to Alamagordo
* I-10 El Paso exit 22B finished sign
* Loop 375 El Paso exit 59
* Loop 375 El Paso exit 65A
* I-10 exit 0 Anthony finished sign
* New New Mexico welcome sign

Checked the editor and there I discovered: Farm to Market signs, Spur signs, Loop Signs and some more new TX state highway signs (and guide signs of it).
Last edited by Mooner_37 on 05 Oct 2022 00:42, edited 1 time in total.
Current Headquarters: Liège, Berlin, L.A. Luxemburg, Seattle
Current Trucks: ETS2: 15 ATS: 2
Driving Truck: ETS2: DAF XF ATS: Peterbilt 579
Current Mileage: ETS2: 462,317 km (287,270 miles) - ATS: 384,392 km (238,850 miles)
Level: ETS2: 65 - ATS: 55
oldmanclippy

#5720 Post by oldmanclippy » 05 Oct 2022 00:35

Sora wrote: 05 Oct 2022 00:26 Based on what's been posted so far, I think the more intriguing thing is what isn't there.

Specifically, anything northeast of Dallas that would otherwise be along US 75 (most notably Sherman/Denison), US 82 (most notably Paris), or I-30 (most notably Texarkana). Missing Nacogdoches and Carthage probably means that US 59 does not exist between Lufkin and Marshall. Which then begs the question: why is Marshall here, if neither adjacent section of US 59 exists yet? Probably just as an empty reference for I-20.
There's a lot that's missing so we can't take that at face value. Nothing in the far southern tip is there, along with stuff along the gulf coast, both of which we know are coming. Northeast could be missing but it also could be just not in that file yet.

Return to “General discussion about the game”