Texas Discussion Thread

SouthernMan

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#3331 Post by SouthernMan » 21 May 2022 02:48

seriousmods wrote: 20 May 2022 16:47 Lanes to me fall in the same category as mountains and highway curves. SCS at times shows moments of brilliance. At other times, there's a lot of meh.

Salt Lake: great lanes, great curves, terrible mountains.
Denver: decent lanes, great curves, too short mountains.
El Paso: mediocre lanes, decent curves, great mountains.
Now, this really is true! We know that the game has limitations due to the scale of the map, but I don't think can always use the excuse of scale to justify something you can do in the game.
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.
Quaristice

#3332 Post by Quaristice » 21 May 2022 04:55

I-10 in real life is wider to the west and east of Downtown El Paso, narrowing down in the city center due to the limited space. Just seems like SCS made it 3 lanes outside of the downtown area, narrowing it down to 2 lanes only at that little stretch. They could just not narrow it down at all and have at least that small section be 100% accurate, but eh.

I don't think SCS will ever do long 4 lane freeways, most likely because the game lacks a prefab for a freeway going from 4 lanes to 5 lanes. You can at most only have three through lanes, a 4-lane highway would constantly force the rightmost lane into splitting into exits.

Also, "fixing low traffic spawns" is actually very trivial, although it doesn't give you perfect results. (Cars have trouble merging in high-traffic areas. Also, it seems like the game spawns cars in "pulses", which means if you look at the oncoming traffic it usually gets busy, then there's no cars for 3 seconds, then it gets busy again, etc). I don't like seeing "highways shouldn't be wide anyways because they'll feel empty" used as an excuse.
Vinnie Terranova

#3333 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 21 May 2022 05:48

It seems that we'll need the Minor Urban Overhaul for quite some time :D

About this spawning in pulses: it is clearly visible when using default traffic, but when you use a mod like "Real Traffic Density and Ratio" from Cip, then those spawn pulses are actually not noticable anymore. So technically it's possible to get rid of those highly unrealistic spawn pulses.
Optional Features

#3334 Post by Optional Features » 21 May 2022 07:26

Vinnie Terranova wrote: 21 May 2022 05:48 It seems that we'll need the Minor Urban Overhaul for quite some time :D

About this spawning in pulses: it is clearly visible when using default traffic, but when you use a mod like "Real Traffic Density and Ratio" from Cip, then those spawn pulses are actually not noticable anymore. So technically it's possible to get rid of those highly unrealistic spawn pulses.
I wish he would expand his work: it's essential.
Shiva

#3335 Post by Shiva » 21 May 2022 09:28

Regarding that El Paso underpass road lanes.
The width of it all might actually be the real scale, or very close, but due o the SCS lanes being a bit wider than original, the lanes itself are from 3 to 2.
Rasp91 wrote: 20 May 2022 20:50 hi, i don't know where to write it, but why do we still have all the roads so straight without any potholes etc? When I take a good look at the roads in the USA, it's the same hole in the road that has been repaired several times and the trucks are literally jumping. Why does every new blog in ATS look like the road was made new yesterday?

PS: sorry, google translator🇨🇿🇺🇸
seriousmods wrote: 20 May 2022 21:09 This is a much bigger problem than the number of lanes.
If SCS does this. Then a bit later the real road is totally repawed. The people will complain that the SCS road has potholes and look bad, while the real road looks brand new.
damned if you do and damned if you don't
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
SouthernMan

#3336 Post by SouthernMan » 21 May 2022 15:02

SuchManor wrote: 20 May 2022 21:21 I would like to see more variation in road and road textures. As of now they are pretty plain and many times not even correct. Some whole cities and interstates have concrete highways yet in game they are anything but. Sometimes it’s done right but many times not. I would like to see SCS put more attention towards the roads themselves to feel more authentic since that is what we are driving on the whole time.
Agreed! I recently made some Road Textures, here they are:

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.
supersobes
Global moderator

#3337 Post by supersobes » 21 May 2022 15:06

Those road textures sure do look really nice! Is there somewhere I can find that mod?
SouthernMan

#3338 Post by SouthernMan » 21 May 2022 15:18

supersobes wrote: 21 May 2022 15:06 Those road textures sure do look really nice! Is there somewhere I can find that mod?
I'm still making these textures. The good thing about these textures is that they really are real textures, unlike many "Road Textures" mods where the textures are very generic(unreal).
Midiangel

#3339 Post by Midiangel » 21 May 2022 16:14

If these concrete road joints can be felt on the steering wheel, it will be cool.

#3340 Post by Jacob94 » 21 May 2022 16:35

SouthernMan wrote: 21 May 2022 15:18
supersobes wrote: 21 May 2022 15:06 Those road textures sure do look really nice! Is there somewhere I can find that mod?
I'm still making these textures. The good thing about these textures is that they really are real textures, unlike many "Road Textures" mods where the textures are very generic(unreal).
heck scs should use these textures too be honest

Return to “General discussion about the game”