Texas Discussion Thread

SCS_Annie
SCS Software

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#4741 Post by SCS_Annie » 17 Aug 2022 19:13

oldmanclippy wrote: 17 Aug 2022 15:17 I'll take Annie's word for it that a good amount of new companies are coming. Wyoming and Montana are excellent in terms of 2D art, and I really like the new company designs we have gotten recently (USBB, American Lines, and MWM are probably my favorites of the last 3 DLCs, they're believable parodies without being corny which is a nice balance to achieve), so between her and Petr there's a ton of talent available to crank out new designs.
Thank you!! I'm please to hear you like them! ^^
2D artist (Concept art & branding) for American Truck Simulator.
Working at SCS Software since 2020.

Instagram
killingjoke28336

#4742 Post by killingjoke28336 » 17 Aug 2022 19:15

Very nice design, approved! :)
oldmanclippy

#4743 Post by oldmanclippy » 17 Aug 2022 19:28

SCS_Annie wrote: 17 Aug 2022 19:05 Here's a little bonus, since the in-game texture resolution for the posters has to be pretty low: here's a higher res of some of the posters :)
These posters are probably my favorite parts of the gas station rebrands. These are the kind of things you'll see all the time in the US, especially stuff like the partnerships between Haulett and cofibreak and between Phoenix and munchin. It's extremely common to see coffee shop and fast food chains exist either inside or attached to travel plazas / gas stations. I don't know if that's as common in Europe but if it's not then that's a really keen observation by whoever researched that. Little details like that really add up :)
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
Seerman

#4744 Post by Seerman » 17 Aug 2022 19:46

Updated gas stations deserve special praise! They look very realistic!
I translate via Google Translate. Sometimes he does it badly. I beg understand and forgive. :geek:

#4745 Post by SouthernMan » 17 Aug 2022 19:54

SCS_Annie wrote: 17 Aug 2022 19:05
Trakaplex wrote: 17 Aug 2022 15:24 Here's something I've wanted to ask Annie: the gas stations before 1.45 were literal parodies. Why did they change? We can still easily see Driverse as a Pilot, but Phoenix being a Love's is just indistinguishable. And Buc-ee's?
Potential legal issues. And since the models were outdated and we planned to, yes, add more gas stations in the future, we had to address the problematic ones first.
As for the similarities, our approach in general was, more or less stick to the colors so the gas stations feel familiar to the players, but create entirely NEW companies with their own identity. Phoenix just happens to be more "unique", I guess.
Each one of the new truck stops/gas stations even has new posters and billboards and even more will be added later! We want them to feel like they're a part of the world, and not just something random.

Here's a little bonus, since the in-game texture resolution for the posters has to be pretty low: here's a higher res of some of the posters :)
I like it. They look pretty creative I would say. Keep Up!
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.
Tristman

#4746 Post by Tristman » 17 Aug 2022 19:56

Coffee and croissants, no wonder Haulett is my favorite truck stop :)
But yeah I agree with oldmanclippy, it's nice to see these partnerships between gas stations and coffee shops/food chains. I love the savings points for rewards part as well, it tells a little story for those with the Cabin Accessories DLC where they got all their stuff.
Marcello Julio

#4747 Post by Marcello Julio » 17 Aug 2022 20:54

Damn Annie, now you got me hungry :lol:
Jokes aside, I really like this realism touch! :)
It would be interesting for you to put all your works at maximum resolution on one of these sites where the artists post their work. It's good to appreciate your work, which is something of the highest quality!
flight50

#4748 Post by flight50 » 17 Aug 2022 21:11

I'm waiting for some of the images Annie creates to become cargo. Like the beverages. I'm hoping USBB can get some cargoes. That is the ultimate chain of cargo. There are a lot of images in the ATS world that can become cargo.
flight50

#4749 Post by flight50 » 17 Aug 2022 22:23

Tristman wrote: 17 Aug 2022 18:27 Are there also wind turbine factories in Texas? Like the one in Pueblo, Colorado? Would be cool to see another one of those.

And what about solar power? Is that in Texas at all?
Solar power in Texas
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_power_in_Texas
Top 5 largest Solar in Texas
https://energycapitalpower.com/top-five ... -capacity/

This is partial to why I've stated before to bring solar to ATS just like ETS2. There are several of them in California and near Vegas as well. I'm sure Arizona and maybe even other places that have solar. But solar, nuclear and natural gas energy are all part of the energy industry. We have coal and wind turbine. Might as well close the loop and do them all.

As far a factory, this might be the only one. So far that I've see so far.
https://www.google.com/maps/search/wind ... !1e3?hl=en

I thought I remember seeing something else before though. I've have to look when I have more time.
Shiva

#4750 Post by Shiva » 17 Aug 2022 22:40

Blades:
LM Wind Power has 2 in USA, none in Texas. https://www.google.com/maps/dir/LM+Wind ... 185796!3e0
Vestas, Colorado.
Generators: GE Generators https://www.google.com/maps/place/GE+Ge ... 87.1680445

Regarding the Wind farms in ATS. The factory is Vitas Power. The wind farm, will say Vitas Power, but, it is only where the tower is built. Owner of the wind farm itsel, not mentioned.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_w ... ufacturers wind turbine makers. Any1 in Texas?
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.

Return to “General discussion about the game”