Texas Discussion Thread

Marcello Julio

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#4571 Post by Marcello Julio » 11 Aug 2022 15:10

Mon Coeur expanded its business to Texas!
oldmanclippy

#4572 Post by oldmanclippy » 11 Aug 2022 15:15

Looks pretty darn good, and glad to see them adding watermelons as a crop. The prefabs seem lightly adorned with company logos where they could very easily be placeholders. They better be, anyways. Especially for Sunshine, Bushnell, and Global Mills. I think the Mon Couer prefab having a Darchelle Vzau truck at it could be a sign that the company logos are placeholders. Or maybe that's just copium. Hopefully not. I'm definitely getting worried about the dearth of new companies in Texas. As far as I know the only new one we've seen is AI from Hanover, which of course doesn't really count as new. Really hoping that the 2D artists are just going to town cranking out all sorts of new companies to replace these placeholders. If there's Sunshine and Bushnell and Global Mills everywhere we'll have a big problem.

Besides the possible looming company disaster, screenshots look very nice. I think they'll be challenging to find real life locations for.

Pic 2: Bovina https://www.google.com/maps/place/503+G ... 02.8928794
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
halbtollekreatur

#4573 Post by halbtollekreatur » 11 Aug 2022 15:16

Pic 2 is here on US-60 in Bovina (found by @oldmanclippy same time)

Pic 5 is here on Navigation Blvd in Corpus Christi
Pic 6 could be Galveston harbour judging by the Oil platform
Last edited by halbtollekreatur on 11 Aug 2022 15:38, edited 6 times in total.
flight50

#4574 Post by flight50 » 11 Aug 2022 15:18

SMH. Pic 2 upsets me, lol. When will this become a depot we can deliver to. Almost every blog post for ATS shows one of these trucks.

[ external image ]

Titos Vodka, lol. Austin Texas representing. I do like the models of the grain elevators. I was thinking of something different actually but I love how huge they are. We can get 1:1 models of these things when they are remote to town where there is tons of space.

Odd but interesting I suppose both companies can service each other. I wouldn't expect SCS to really make them proprietary.

[ external image ]

These arches are sooooo Texas. I like the minor detail. You can see this a lot all over Texas for farms/ranches.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Nice. I see you Longhorns, lol. Can't have Texas without Longhorns. Hook'em Horns! lol

[ external image ]

Crap. The one depot I did not want to see in Texas. This whole blog had me smiling until I saw this. First Deepgrove for logging and now Sunshine Crops. I totally agree with @oldmanclippy. I hope our talented 2d artist are cranking out new company names. I'm cool with rebranding all Sunshine and Bushnells but to bring depot variety, but change the name along with adding 2-3 more depot variation. Farms and Loging depots could easily have like 6-8 different depot variations. That removes a lot of repetitive nature.

[ external image ]

Other than that, the blog looks great.
Last edited by flight50 on 11 Aug 2022 15:23, edited 1 time in total.
JoeAlex23

#4575 Post by JoeAlex23 » 11 Aug 2022 15:22

I knew that was going to be your reaction with Sunshine Crops 😂 I hate to be that guy but IT reeks me so hard to see Sunshine Crops, Bushnell (because i know that cattle farm in the blog is one) and Global Mills on a Texas blog, the quality of the DLC looks amazing but those pesky companies bring it down, i do hope all of our talking about ICC's is noticed because it's getting quite annoying.
oldmanclippy

#4576 Post by oldmanclippy » 11 Aug 2022 15:24

@flight50 Do you mean this location? https://www.google.com/maps/place/Fifth ... 97.6652708 If so, which screenshot is it?
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Marcello Julio

#4577 Post by Marcello Julio » 11 Aug 2022 15:28

In ETS2 also happens the same thing. New companies are often the last thing to be seen and they place placeholder companies until they add the new companies. Apparently this stage of creation of new companies happens during the polishing process. I believe that on this side we can be calm. I'm sure new companies for Texas are in development.
LATrucker

#4578 Post by LATrucker » 11 Aug 2022 15:36

But even if that's the case it would be nice to get this info earlier. Most times we hear and read about new industries pretty early, but nothing about new companies.
SCS doesn't even have to show them, but it would be great to know that there will be new companies.
harishw8r

#4579 Post by harishw8r » 11 Aug 2022 15:42

I feel Global Mills is also being overused now. Would like to see some change in food processing as well, not just Moonlight and Gallon Farms ...
flight50

#4580 Post by flight50 » 11 Aug 2022 15:43

@JoeAlex23 Lmao. You know me to well now my friend. I just want diversity in ATS just like ETS2. The more and more new states we get, the more and more other people see exactly what I have been talking about since Idaho released. ATS is getting too large for its own pants to keep it so confined to so few companies. For a dlc that is about to cost $17.99, new prefabs for old companies is not going to get it done. We need new prefabs and new companies to pull off Texas. At least mix in old stuff with new in Texas to somewhat blend things. The new companies would have been better off showing but when we get the dlc, we can see older companies came too.

As I mentioned above, its cool to bring over old prefabs from older companies but rebrand them to new companies. Texas can get an easy cheat this way. I wouldn't copy any prefab made with the base map though. If Texas is suppose to be the biggest dlc for ATS to date, its feeling pretty small without much needed diversity. The dlc isn't out yet so there is time. But I'm getting to the point that even I'll start getting turned off by ATS and that is something I never wanted to see. I agree with JoeAlex, its getting annoying. I seriously don't understand why ATS is treated with little respect to diversity compared to ETS2. Its a crushing blow to somewhat that pretty much only games ATS. I only have time to game on the weekends and I spend 90% of any game I play in ATS.

These blogs is what some people go by when it comes to buying a dlc or not. It depends on if a person waits for a sale or not. Hypothetically speaking, what if a lot of people opted to buy Texas once Oklahoma or Kansas releases so that they get Texas for a discount? That would be bad.

@oldmanclippy I wasn't exactly speaking with location in mind. But its one of the most famous if not the most famous alcohol company in Texas in think. But is more or less Titos in general I speak of. If I'm not mistaking, I think Tito's is only in Austin as the only factory. I could be wrong though. If that is the location though, one of 2 things must happen. A small portion of TX-130 must come or we get US-183 with back roads. I honestly think US-183 is most beneficial as it was there lonnnnng before TX-130 plus TX-183 gets us North into Oklahoma.

Return to “General discussion about the game”