Texas Discussion Thread

Shiva

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#3221 Post by Shiva » 18 May 2022 23:28

Have the delivery warehouses/distribution centers be different? parodies of the bigger national and regional chains?
And have the hypermarkets and smaller, be a bit different?
As in, trying to have a total of Walbert distribution centers at around 200 Total for USA.

Target seems, not to have as many distribution centers? https://www.google.com/maps/search/Targ ... 7591,5.37z
Not all shown on that map. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Target_Corporation

Kroger https://www.thekrogerco.com/vendors-sup ... tact-page/
https://www.google.com/maps/search/krog ... 6168,5.74z

Flight50, regarding those Walbert, 2x in the same city, that part is actually okay. Atleast when 1 is a warehouse and the other is a store.
But if every city would have like that, that would not be ok.

+ I agree on that some of the Walberts, could instead have some other. Example a parody of Kroger or similar?

Regarding Going North/Scandinavia DLC, it rather lacks the Norrfood Distribution centers. They are nowhere, while ATS has their lookalikes.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
supersobes
Global moderator

#3222 Post by supersobes » 18 May 2022 23:35

I think in some cases, having multiple locations in the same city can be realistic. For example, the city I live in IRL has three Walmart stores, three Home Depot stores, and two Lowe's stores.

I also don't think there should fewer Wallbert and Home Store locations in ATS, but rather I think there should be more regional companies in addition to the national companies that are already there. If a city has a Wallbert, they shouldn't just replace it with another company. Add another supermarket location in that city for the new company.
parasaurolophus67

#3223 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 18 May 2022 23:37

supers not wrong tho. we got a few stores here that are the same. Like Canadian Tire and Home Depot also.
Shiva

#3224 Post by Shiva » 19 May 2022 00:11

Oh Yeah, Hope Depot, is Home Store a parody of it?
It could have a few distribution centers too.

Does the list of Walberts differentiate between stores and distribution centers?
It seems they do, https://truck-simulator.fandom.com/wiki/Wallbert
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
supersobes
Global moderator

#3225 Post by supersobes » 19 May 2022 00:16

I would assume that Home Store is a parody of Home Depot since the stores in ATS are almost exact replicas of how Home Deport builds their stores. There also already are Home Store distribution centers scattered around the ATS map too.
Shiva

#3226 Post by Shiva » 19 May 2022 00:25

Ahh, it does have distribution centers. You're right. https://truck-simulator.fandom.com/wiki/Home_Store
JohnMc19

#3227 Post by JohnMc19 » 19 May 2022 01:01

Ngl was disappointed to see Deepgrove in Texas and then the distribution wallbert in Montana. I'm not saying these companies can't exist but let's get some variety going for Montana and Texas. I saw someone post about posted and uds we could have these two as companies in the game. ICC is what worries me about ATS. A few pages back we were on the subject of trees not familiar with different species of trees etc. The previous blog post of Texas could had been anywhere in the PNW. I'm glad as a community we got a response from a dev and because we've hit a certain level of map development I feel any bad comments about how the map looks or feels seems to get fixed or is going to. I feel the main purpose of the game is falling behind without new cargo new companies having multiple drops. If it wasn't for the community we wouldn't have gotten yellowstone. I only know wyoming because of yellowstone it felt like a miss but they listened.
flight50

#3228 Post by flight50 » 19 May 2022 02:01

You guys are fine to be okay with 3 Wallberts, 2 Home Stores in one city for ATS. For me, it's not. This game is 1:20.... not 1:1. I know what reality is. Do you not think a city like mine does not have what's spoken? I get real life, ATS isn't 1:1 real life, it's not okay for a 1:20 scale. It's comments like what you all are making is the exact reason we have 3 Wallberts, 3 Coastline or multiple Bushnells in one city. That is not acceptable for my standards. ATS deserves better. I am fully aware one is a store and one is a warehouse. I have acknowledged this numerous times. If one of you can show me where ETS2 does this consistently, cool.

I'll wait.......
Last edited by flight50 on 19 May 2022 03:25, edited 1 time in total.
Optional Features

#3229 Post by Optional Features » 19 May 2022 02:44

I honestly am not as concerned with the names on the buildings as much as the buildings themselves. We really need some fresh delivery prefabs: there are tons "behind the walls", but those aren't used as companies.
flight50

#3230 Post by flight50 » 19 May 2022 03:29

^You are saying the same thing, just differently. We both are asking for company diversity.

I don't see why ATS has to settle on multiple companies of the same name in the same city. Since this is the Texas thread, let me paint this picture as an example on what we could typically get for most cities in real life:

Dallas - Wallbert, Home Store, Charged, USBB, etc
Ft.Worth - Wallbert, Home Store, Charged, USBB, etc
Austin - Wallbert, Home Store, Charged, USBB, etc
Waco - Wallbert, Home Store, Charged, USBB, etc
San Antonio - Wallbert, Home Store, Charged, USBB, etc
Houston - Wallbert, Home Store, Charged, USBB, etc
Tyler - Wallbert, Home Store, Charged, USBB, etc
Abilene - Wallbert, Home Store, Charged, USBB, etc

Each of these cities could have each of these.....no problem. You can add some of the other companies sporadically like Heartwood, Olthon homes, Bushnell, NAMIQ, Coastline, Sunshine Crops or Global Mills, etc. What we more than likely get are double or triple the companies for the same city. For Wallbert, why can't one city have the distribution center, one have the super center and one have neighborhood Walmart. Why do all three have to be in the same city? Why can't Bushnell have the warehouse in one city and the farm in all the others? Spread things out.

This is what we will more than likely get for Texas:

Dallas - Wallbert store, Wallbert distribution. Sunshine Crops farm, Sunshine crops distribution. 3 NAMIQ Home Store, Charged, USBB, etc
Ft.Worth - Wallbert store, Wallbert distribution. Sunshine Crops farm, Sunshine crops distribution. 3 NAMIQ, Home Store, Charged, USBB, etc
Austin - Wallbert store, Wallbert distribution. Sunshine Crops farm, Sunshine crops distribution. 3 NAMIQ, Home Store, Charged, USBB, etc
Waco - Wallbert store, Wallbert distribution. Sunshine Crops farm, Sunshine crops distribution. 3 NAMIQ, Home Store, Charged, USBB, etc
San Antonio - Wallbert store, Wallbert distribution. Sunshine Crops farm, Sunshine crops distribution. 3 NAMIQ, Home Store, Charged, USBB, etc
Houston -Wallbert store, Wallbert distribution. Sunshine Crops farm, Sunshine crops distribution. 3 Coastline Mining, 2 Chemso Home Store, Charged, USBB, etc
Tyler - Wallbert store, Wallbert distribution. Sunshine Crops farm, Sunshine crops distribution. 3 NAMIQ, Home Store, Charged, USBB, etc
Abilene - Wallbert store, Wallbert distribution. Sunshine Crops farm, Sunshine crops distribution. 3 NAMIQ, Home Store, Charged, USBB, etc

Of course these are just examples and I have no idea what we get but this is what ATS is reduced to with every state. If you guys are comfortable with this, that is you. I'm not content with this and SCS should change this philosophy. They don't do it with ETS2, why do it in ATS. People try to explain the US economy over and over and nothing is breaking. This is upsetting for a fan that cares about his game. Most of you see me post every day and don't see me post negative often. This is offensive in ATS to me. What we get is portraying that the US is repetitive with zero diversity. At 1:20 scale such receptiveness does not reflect the diversity in the US economy at all. In real life, Dallas probably has 40 Walmarts, 4 Best Buys, 15 Home Depots, 10 Targets, 5 Sam's, 5 Costco. This is 1:1. ATS is not 1:1 and some of you see it as okay as if ATS is 1:1. That's not flying with me. Sorry. At 1:20 for every 1 thing that makes the game, 19 other things are missed and we get repeat companies. Why repeat companies when there are a ton of other companies that can make the game. Why hire asset people to model new things or why hire 2d artist to not create?

If ATS had multiple distribution centers of different companies, only one city needs it in a 200-300 mile radius. Perhaps that city may or may not have a store and distribution. Not every city needs both. Bring diversity please. If the ATS company pool was doubled, there would not be an issue with receptiveness.

This is the ideal ATS I would like to see:

Dallas - Wallbert, Home Store, Texas Instruments, USBB, etc
Ft. Worth - Target, Lowes, Conns, Kolico, etc
Austin - Kroger, Home Store, Charged, Pepsi parody, etc
Waco - Kohls, Atwoods, Office Depot, Kolico, etc
San Antonio - Ikea, Ace Hardware, Dell, Pepsi parody, etc
Houston - Sam's, Lowes, Microcenter, USBB, etc
Tyler - Costco, Atwoods, Conns, Kolico, etc
Abilene - Alberstons, Ace Hardware, Helwett Packard, Pepsi parody, etc

Bring this type of diversity. The etc can mix in ton of the different established companies in ATS already. Why must each close proximity city have the same exact companies just because? Spread things out. Put one company in per every 200 miles radius or so. Create enough diversity so that repeats don't happen until every other city perhaps. The point of the game is to haul cargo. In order to do this you need a large ICC library. That focus doesn't exist like it does for ETS2. Assembling that dedicated cargo team helps. Utilizing the 2d concept artist helps. Opening the entire economy of the US requires planning and development on a massive scale. Do all this and the ATS economy flourishes.
Last edited by flight50 on 19 May 2022 06:43, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “General discussion about the game”