Texas Discussion Thread

SCS_Annie
SCS Software

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#4771 Post by SCS_Annie » 18 Aug 2022 13:36

Sora wrote: 18 Aug 2022 10:40
Of the more awkward ones, there's NAMIQ. "I" isn't really used in place of "&" in the US, so it's a pretty weird abbreviation on paper... except, by a stroke of luck, I is also the second letter in "Mines", and North American Mines and Quarries is a viable approach. The other one that bothers me a tad is Zereva CliniCal, which is awkward for a lot of reasons, most obviously (a) it's an unused company, but (b) it's used for scenery in a handful of areas, despite (c) none of those areas being in California, the state it's seemingly named for. I'd actually love to see it (and the rest of the well-known "unused company" trio/quartet) rescued from nonexistence and made into an actual company, even if it's just for a small handful of depots, but unless it gets tied to the California rework specifically, it should proooobably have its name very slightly modified to "Zereva Clinical" with only one lowercase C - so that it makes actual sense being in other states. The name itself works fine without the wordplay.
Indeed, it's North American Mines & Quarries :)
2D artist (Concept art & branding) for American Truck Simulator.
Working at SCS Software since 2020.

Instagram
harishw8r

#4772 Post by harishw8r » 18 Aug 2022 14:14

Pharma cargo is a part of the airport economy in ETS2.
Marcello Julio

#4773 Post by Marcello Julio » 18 Aug 2022 14:17

We have Zereva CliniCal which was one of the cut companies. It could finally make her appearance with Texas.
harishw8r

#4774 Post by harishw8r » 18 Aug 2022 14:19

I would like to see scenic companies become serviceable - Token Medical, Poweco, Cooper Construction, UDS, and Posted are a few I could recall.
55sixxx

#4775 Post by 55sixxx » 18 Aug 2022 14:26

SCS_Annie wrote: 18 Aug 2022 08:52
55sixxx wrote: 18 Aug 2022 00:02 Trailer variety is kinda controversial here, because the majority of trailers you see in the US are 53'ft dry vans and reefers. Flatbeds are the second most common sight I'd say so to be realistic you can't have that much variety... But yeah, the trailer designs needs to be a bit simpler.
That's very interesting, thank you for the feedback! Trailer designs are (sadly) actually not something our department is responsible for, (I say "sadly" because it's something I've wanted to get my hands on for years :D) that falls on the vehicle department, but should that change in the future, I'll definitely keep this in mind!
Maybe you could make that a suggestion inside SCS :)

The 2D team designs the logos (Decals that you'd commonly see on trailers) and then send those to the Vehicle team for it to be applied on trailers.
SouthernMan

#4776 Post by SouthernMan » 18 Aug 2022 14:48

55sixxx wrote: 18 Aug 2022 00:02 Trailer variety is kinda controversial here, because the majority of trailers you see in the US are 53'ft dry vans and reefers. Flatbeds are the second most common sight I'd say so to be realistic you can't have that much variety... But yeah, the trailer designs needs to be a bit simpler.

A few styles/inspirations that could come with Texas companies:
100% Agreed buddy! Some SCS skins are pretty weird, despite being fictional, it's possible to make non-existent skins that look real.
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.
Evgenius

#4777 Post by Evgenius » 18 Aug 2022 15:25

And if you go even further, most of the "skins" of refrigerators and dry trucks on the roads are simply white with a small text of the company name (or logo) on the front half of the side of the trailer or in the center.
Make three correct guesses in a row - and you are guaranteed a reputation as an expert.

If someone tells you that something is possible, they are almost certainly right. If he claims that something is impossible, he is very likely wrong.
Shiva

#4778 Post by Shiva » 18 Aug 2022 15:42

Or boring plain white trailers.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
Laqueesha

#4779 Post by Laqueesha » 18 Aug 2022 15:46

flight50 wrote: 17 Aug 2022 23:50 I know people don't like plain white trailers but I agree that there should be more in traffic. Not necessarily owner operator though. Some have to be leased so keeping it plain jane is how to be generic. ATS needs a lot more trailer variety though and this only comes with more new companies. I'm still waiting for Tidbit and Farmer's Barn to get trailers. Same for containers on trailers. I think a solid 12 or so SCS parodies would be great. The more color ATS has in the environment, the more alive it feels. All the 2d and 3d work put into the game works a solid unit to appeal to the eye. The truck stops should be loaded with trailer variety. The new Cargo Forwarding depot coming for Texas should be full of trailer variety. In due time. The best part is we have confirmation that new companies are coming. Keeping this trend up for the game in general beyond Texas would be ideal. I sure hope that's the plan.
@Carman's fictional company trucks and trailers are the best I've seen. Fictional, but they look like they could be real companies:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1544238331
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1531401619
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1536429973
flight50

#4780 Post by flight50 » 18 Aug 2022 16:07

@Laqueesha I use SISL's real company trailer skins but those are pretty good that you linked. I really like the plain white Wallbert. That would look much better in ATS honestly.
werewoooooooolf wrote: 18 Aug 2022 14:19 I would like to see scenic companies become serviceable - Token Medical, Poweco, Cooper Construction, UDS, and Posted are a few I could recall.
I second these. I haven't seen the first one but all the others....yessss. I talk about Posted a lot and Cooper, I don't get. It's sign is on the Plaster & Son's prefabs. That's odd. That doesn't happen in the US. That's like SCS doing a shout out for Little Gaints's Farm Simulator on the cover of a agricultural cargo dlc. Cooper should have been its own construction company w
Awhile ago.

Return to “General discussion about the game”