Texas Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#2321 Post by flight50 » 23 Jan 2022 22:05

I always say that DFW and Houston should be the templated for the other mega cities in the US. At least for the largest 10-15 cities. Sure there are larger cites than both but DFW and Houston are the latest and greatest and in the top 10 largest cities in the US. LA, Phoenix, new comer San Jose and Phoenix will all get better perspective I hope when they are rebuilt/constructed due to what's coming with Texas. Albuquerque started it, then Portland came, then Seattle. SLC missed on some things then Denver came. So now its time to up the cityscape and radius to depict mega cities with Texas and lets see how it shapes up the rest of the larger US cities. I'm all in for Chi-town. Its going to be several years before we get there but SCS should start gathering info ahead of time the closer they get. The most important industries in particular regions have to be thoroughly planned out to tie in the rest of the game. We are beyond base map days and the economy needs to grow much better with the game. The economy limitations is hurting ATS....or should I say was. Montana is changing that and Texas should as well but how much, we'll see.

I see I-35 and I-55 being very similar in terms of big cities that links them up. Pretty much the same as I-5 and I-95. I-35 and East of it will start some of the best work that SCS will be challenged to do. The cities are more numerous and larger than most in the west. They'll have to shine. The Midwest and East is when the land is much greener and busier like ETS2. People tend to like what they can relate to more.
killingjoke28336

#2322 Post by killingjoke28336 » 24 Jan 2022 10:32

I really like the more arid West, green East is boring to me as an European.
Tristman

#2323 Post by Tristman » 24 Jan 2022 11:47

I'm actually fairly curious about the east. The western US is covered much more in media I think, beside NYC and Florida. I have to say I'm most interested to see Louisiana with its swamps and many water features (I even found an area that low-key looks like the Netherlands in Google Maps), but I'm also really interested in the Rust Belt. I hope SCS will be able to replicate some of the industrial decay over there.
New England is the area of the US that I know the least about, so I'm also interested to see what that will be like. That is still a long while away though.

Texas is going to be an exciting package I think, with so much geographical diversity in a single state. I wonder how different the green area in the east will feel compared to Oregon and Washington.
flight50

#2324 Post by flight50 » 24 Jan 2022 13:00

East Texas should feel very similar to the PNW, but flatter. If seasons was a thing already, temperatures and weather would make a bigger difference. Vegetation species is different but its still wooded greens.

There is logging over there so we should get that industry. Several mills that can get added. We should get new wood cargo imho as the wood species is different well but SCS might not bother. I'd like to see Texas Cedar and Texas Cedar mulch. Transport in bulk in dumpers, wood chippers and make bagged goods to haul on flatbeds. Montana is bringing landscaping so that gives mulch a chance now.

I'm still waiting for plywood cargo and more dimensional lumber. Pressure treated, cedar, pickets, trim moulding and Southern Yellow pone. 4 types of plywood works for me. Let's do CDX or sanded, let's to pressure treated, MDF and let's do OSB. All 4 are totally different in appearance. I worked and stocked these a lot when I use to work at Home Depot back in the day. The lumber and building materials trucks that came in weekly was loaded with diversity with all the mixed products. It would be nice to get a few mixed loads on flatbeds.
parasaurolophus67

#2326 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 24 Jan 2022 16:01

I thought it was only Louisiana o.o
Tristman

#2327 Post by Tristman » 24 Jan 2022 16:05

The cotton fields look beautiful, and it's nice to see them introduce yet another industry. The only thing missing in the pictures is those cotton rolls actually being hauled as a cargo, but hopefully that is a WIP.
Marcello Julio

#2328 Post by Marcello Julio » 24 Jan 2022 16:13

It will be a waste if we don't have the cotton cargo. Generally new cargos and new companies don't appear in screenshots until close to release, so, I really hope we have the cotton cargo!
harishw8r

#2329 Post by harishw8r » 24 Jan 2022 16:21

The vastness of the plains and the addition of new companies makes me more excited for Texas!
Gootho717

#2330 Post by Gootho717 » 24 Jan 2022 16:32

Is it me or is there a new cargo on the flatbeds on photo 20 (of 21)?

Really liking what I am seeing thus far!
[ external image ]
Gootho Transportation - My WoTr Profile

Return to “General discussion about the game”