Texas Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#2291 Post by flight50 » 20 Jan 2022 05:45

TheAmir259 wrote: 20 Jan 2022 00:12 .... as opposed to Montana in which i bet a lot of people will treat it as skippable.
That would be an unwise decision. If they have Idaho, Montana is a no brainer. Wyoming adds to that flavor. Although Texas will be more popular and bring in a mass amount of people, I wouldn’t skip on Montana by any means. It’s sheer size gives us a ton of land to navigate. Add Wyoming and Colorado and we are set up for Oklahoma, Kansas and Nebraska in the following 2-3 years.

I’m expecting the player base to peak around 12k or more daily for a few weeks. If Texas could push 10k avg, I call that a success and a positive sign of growth. Texas could be that state to seriously get a lot more committed to ATS dlc. If Texas can make people forget about price and focus on the fun, I think more and more would pleased.
Trucker Nik

#2292 Post by Trucker Nik » 20 Jan 2022 06:17

My first route to Texas will be (assuming Montana comes out sooner) from Bellingham (Washington) to (if it's in Texas) Beaumont, but I'll adjust the route, going I-5, I-90, I-25, and I-10 to the finish line, I like long routes and interstate highways, so this will be my first route
VTXcnME

#2293 Post by VTXcnME » 20 Jan 2022 17:53

I can't wait to leave my home garage in Albuquerque and drive I-40 east. That's gonna be my first haul into Texas.
SenseFM

#2294 Post by SenseFM » 20 Jan 2022 18:32

As many of you, my first trip will most likely be taking the long I-10 from El Paso to its eastern end. Then I will probably go north if there are roads going through the Piney Woods to explore one of the new biomes. After that I think it'd be nice to travel I-35 from north to south to visit Dallas-Ft Worth, Austin and San Antonio and go as south as possible. And then... maybe follow the coast or go north, to the Panhandle, through secondary roads. I'm sure it will take a pretty long time to explore everything considering the size of the state.
Bedavd

#2295 Post by Bedavd » 20 Jan 2022 18:51

I never really plan it out lol. I'll be kicked back to Seattle so I'll take whatever the first job into Texas is. If I can't find one (highly doubt but maybe) then I'll get as close as I can and try again. Then I just take jobs that criss-cross the state until I've hit every city once and then I try and hit the roads in-between. I tend to rush through a little bit so that I know the content for my map and I can update that ASAP after the DLC releases.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
flight50

#2296 Post by flight50 » 20 Jan 2022 19:05

It will be a very interesting cruising Texas event. Seeing how many players jump into play Texas daily is a number I want to see for 2 months. I can see many people going over there limits with Texas. Texas should be convoy heaven with its sheer size. Tankers and whatever other goodies come will be interesting.

I sure hope new cargo comes for both HH and ST. Otherwise, give us part 2 of either HH or ST. Big Texas...big cargo. I'd absolutely be floored if we got an oil/gas cargo pack. I want to haul a derrick and many other goodies. Imagine HH convoy with an oil/gas cargo pack. People would buy Texas plus the industry cargo pack in a heart beat. Lunch? Forget about lunch for the week. Bread and water will keep you alive, lol. Believe me, I grew up poor, you'll make it. But at least you can have Texas and whatever comes with it day one.
Ryley03d

#2297 Post by Ryley03d » 20 Jan 2022 19:34

They planned ahead for the DLC with this NM welcome sign east of Tucumcari.
Tristman

#2298 Post by Tristman » 20 Jan 2022 20:01

I hope they at least make the Cruising Texas event a little different from previous Cruising events, or give us much more time to complete the event. Doing all of Texas in the same time as we got for Wyoming for example would be very frustrating, and force people to explore the new DLC at a high pace.
TitleMax

#2299 Post by TitleMax » 20 Jan 2022 22:16

I'd go from Seattle to Houston. Then buy a Garage in H-Town to make my new home
Just some random guy
TitleMax

#2300 Post by TitleMax » 20 Jan 2022 22:18

Tristam-94 wrote: 20 Jan 2022 20:01 I hope they at least make the Cruising Texas event a little different from previous Cruising events, or give us much more time to complete the event. Doing all of Texas in the same time as we got for Wyoming for example would be very frustrating, and force people to explore the new DLC at a high pace.
Yeah, I'm hoping they give us... Idk 4-6 Months. Either that or make it where we don't have to do a delivery from every single city.
Just some random guy

Return to “General discussion about the game”