Texas Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#4601 Post by flight50 » 11 Aug 2022 20:36

Global Mills the prefab and industry isn't the issue. Its that name itself. Rebrand it and start introducing a new company beyond the Western region. Global Mills could easily start blending into another company. Truck Sim Wiki has Global Mills at 13 used so far. That's not too bad at all as long as there are variations of it.

The Great Plains will feature a lot more grain elevators and silos. It would be nice to get 2 companies in the Great Plains for elevators if Agriculture will be the big push there. A new company in the mix now could then phase out Global Mills after the Great Plains as you go further East. A new company for Texas would get used for the Great Plains and for the East. 2 companies for the US for elevators won't be to bad. But the Central part of the US could benefit from 2 brands.

If the East could also get 13 that balances the West. In the central states between the two, we could get lets say 20. 10 Global Mills and 10 of something else spread around. By time the US is completed that is 23 Global Mills and 23 of (x). Those number are under 25. Once you start getting beyond 25, its starting to get a bit over used imo.
Viper28

#4602 Post by Viper28 » 11 Aug 2022 20:40

Marcello Julio wrote: 11 Aug 2022 16:57 Yes, if we ignore the companies part, the companies structure and everything is incredible! The only problem is just new companies. But as I said, I believe that like ETS2, the new companies will be added later and are currently under development.
so you can ignore the absolute caverns missing in the productions chains for companies but complain about repetitive names!? :roll:
"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future" -JFK
flight50

#4603 Post by flight50 » 11 Aug 2022 21:24

^That's not what he is saying. He didn't isolate missing production chains. That's part of companies in general. He is saying that if you don't even think about companies period, then the dlc is looking good.
Trakaplex

#4604 Post by Trakaplex » 11 Aug 2022 21:42

Viper28 wrote: 11 Aug 2022 20:40
Marcello Julio wrote: 11 Aug 2022 16:57 Yes, if we ignore the companies part, the companies structure and everything is incredible! The only problem is just new companies. But as I said, I believe that like ETS2, the new companies will be added later and are currently under development.
so you can ignore the absolute caverns missing in the productions chains for companies but complain about repetitive names!? :roll:
The gas stations before 1.45 were total parodies, like Heart's, Chemron, Driver... ever since the rebranding, the names really changed. as well as the logos. Lots of us are speculating about Buc-ee's, will it still get an old parody brand?
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation
Sora

#4605 Post by Sora » 11 Aug 2022 21:51

Again, I don't mind the name, either. Because Global Mills debuted in New Mexico, and two-thirds of its three depots were near the Texas border already. It would be weirder if it didn't appear in Texas.

I'm also not entirely sure regionalism is the right approach for a company like Global Mills. It's a little hard to bring realism into somewhat abstract parodies, but my gut tells me that this might be a situation where it'd be better for both companies to appear nationwide. Like the Walmart/Target split that often gets proposed here, for example, converting ~a third of Wallberts to Target and ~a quarter to other regional companies.

-

As for Buc-ee's, I would strongly recommend avoiding it. Aside from the whole "they are specifically a truck stop that forbids truckers" thing making them incompatible with ATS as rest stops, it's my understanding that they are also fiercely litigious. If SCS is already at the point where they're having issues with truck stops, Buc-ee's is the last company they should be interacting with.
Last edited by Sora on 12 Aug 2022 01:05, edited 1 time in total.
DoubleG01

#4606 Post by DoubleG01 » 11 Aug 2022 21:53

I just hope to see a lot more new prefabs with Texas, whether they are "new" companies or just new prefabs for existing companies. We desperately need more prefabs to give us more diverse locations to maneuver/back into - in all the time I spent OTR, even at the larger level it was pretty rare for locations from the same chain to be laid out the same or even very similar, unless it was a mega-company like Walmart.

Even then, if we get a good diversity of prefabs for the existing companies, I feel we also need a greater mix of some "one-off" companies along with one-off prefabs for them (even though I know that is a lot of work for one location), and I'm hoping maybe something like this will come when/if we ever get LTL / multi-drop loads in the game - definitely common to deliver to small "mom & pop" locations like small meat / beverage / food distributors, one-off factories / plants, etc. and I feel like we lack a lot of that in the game currently. For me, it often makes it feel like we are not anywhere new or different, because even if the surrounding scenery is new and improved, we're still parking and unloading in the same or very similar companies. So I hope at the very least that in the future SCS will look to add more small / one-off prefabs. Or my other major wish if they cannot undertake doing it themselves, which I would understand, at least add a posibility to place load/unload & company triggers directly in the map editor somehow, so those of us who can work well in the editor but not in blender/3d software can start making more unique delivery locations without needing to build the 3d assets to contain the pickup/dropoff points.
Kaleidescoop

#4607 Post by Kaleidescoop » 11 Aug 2022 22:16

They say that everything's bigger in Texas, so maybe when that DLC comes we'll have a world record of four Wallberts in the same city :P
I think trucks are cool.
Vinnie Terranova

#4609 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 11 Aug 2022 22:48

Bushnell, Gobal Mills, Darchelle Vzau, Mon Coeur, Farmer's Barn, Sunshine Crops... Hello @SCSsoftware what's going on? How long have you been working on the Texas DLC? 2 Years, 3 years? Then why are you still using all those old companies? Where is your 2D team? Do you still have a 2D team?

I really don't know what to think about this anymore... At first glance I was excited to see those awesome grain elevator structures. But then I noticed all those old companies. And those old companies give me a very, very mixed feeling about this blog post.
oldmanclippy

#4610 Post by oldmanclippy » 11 Aug 2022 22:53

Kaleidescoop wrote: 11 Aug 2022 22:16 They say that everything's bigger in Texas, so maybe when that DLC comes we'll have a world record of four Wallberts in the same city :P
So far Helena and Fresno are the only ones with 3. If Texas adds another city with 3 we'll know that they really couldn't give less of a care about this problem. At least 1 of Helena's better be a placeholder for a competitor coming with Texas' compatibility patch. Otherwise that's just a major insult to our intelligence.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri

Return to “General discussion about the game”