Texas Discussion Thread

Trucker Nik

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#2311 Post by Trucker Nik » 22 Jan 2022 08:31

I'll play this song when I cross the Texas border https://youtube.com/watch?v=MeA3x13DnLM&feature=share
festmache

#2312 Post by festmache » 22 Jan 2022 20:07

Usually, when a map expansion arrives, my first few jobs bring me to the farthest corners and within the first days I discover a big part of the new region. (Especially true for ATS, where the expansions are smaller than for ETS2.)

Only once before did I promise myself to pace the discovery a little. It was for the BtBS expansion for ETS2, where I discovered one new country each day and only visited the last country (Finland) after a full week.

Now Texas... :)
Since Texas will be very big (certainly for ATS standards) and the east-west axis goes through different subregions, both geographically and culturally, I'm thinking that I will make myself a promise for pacing again. Effectively, my plan will turn the single release for Texas later this year into three subreleases!

Stage 1: the plains of western Texas
In the first two weeks after the release, I will not go further east than the line between Wichita Falls, Abilene, San Angelo and Del Rio. I'll only discover places in western Texas, which I expect to be mostly similar to New Mexico.

Stage 2: big cities
In the third and fourth week after the release, I will allow myself to go as far east as DFW and the I-35, so I will discover some of the big cities in Texas. Very notable exception is, of course, Houston.

Stage 3: eastern Texas
Only after four weeks, I will allow myself to discover all of Texas. Finally: the more green parts, the coastline and of course the city of Houston!

I'm not 100% sure that I can contain myself and stick to this plan, but I hope I will... Who's with me? :D

(EDIT: Maybe I'll even split it into four stages... 3rd stage Houston and everything north of the i-10, 4th stage the coastal regions!)
vanilla player, loving ETS2, loving ATS even more! | 🇳🇱 🇪🇺
Map with all cities | Personal cabin accessories

[ external image ]
Trucker Nik

#2313 Post by Trucker Nik » 23 Jan 2022 07:21

I had a very weird dream, dreaming Texas would come out on October 6th. and that Montana will come on December 1th. because it will be delayed, due to development problems that scs does not specify (only SCS will mention the release date in the blog, that they had problems) circle the dates 6.10 and 1.12 in the calendars and we will see if my dream was right, I never dream of release dates so this dream was very wild, and sometimes my dreams come true from night, I wonder if this will be the case
Last edited by Trucker Nik on 23 Jan 2022 08:26, edited 3 times in total.
Vinnie Terranova

#2314 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 23 Jan 2022 07:34

I had an other dream: Texas will not come out on Oct 6th and Montana will not come out on Dec 12th. Circle all the dates except for Oct 6th and Dec 12th and we will see if my dream was right. :D
Grizzly

#2315 Post by Grizzly » 23 Jan 2022 09:06

I'm backing you Vinnie :lol:
AlexxxF1

#2316 Post by AlexxxF1 » 23 Jan 2022 10:04

Ceco, Vinnie ) you made my day :lol:
Xaagon

#2317 Post by Xaagon » 23 Jan 2022 16:43

ATS dreams are weird... Before Colorado was released, I had a dream that I was watching a livestream where Pavel announced that Colorado was releasing along with beta quality Nebraska plus part of Iowa and the new goal was to get to Chicago as soon as possible.

Obviously that one was just a dream and I'm no prophet.
rbsanford

#2318 Post by rbsanford » 23 Jan 2022 18:11

Not too long ago I had a dream where DLC releases just got longer and longer. Texas came out in 2025, Oklahoma came 10 years later, etc. By the time Maine came out, the Earth was one big desert, and the only person left was Pavel at his computer, celebrating the release.

Getting to Chicago ASAP is a good goal, actually. That's kind of the industrial center of the country, and stair-stepping there would prevent the kind of corridor that the Florida Plan would create.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
flight50

#2319 Post by flight50 » 23 Jan 2022 18:39

All my ATS dream are daydreaming.....and wishful thinking. I'm most interest in Texas's economy. How will it follow up with that Montana economy blog. Will it be underwhelming or overwhelming? How much new industry will we get. How many new companies will we get. How much expansion to existing industries will come. What will be the total marked city count? Any new prefab variants to add diversity? How many miles of road will we get. How many new trailers do we get. How much new cargo will come. What new upgrades to the game could come simultaneously...will DX12 be in place, AI improvements, new game feature? Can we get an industry cargo pack with Texas. Oil/gas industry pack would be icing on the cake and maximize Texas sales.

I seriously look forward to this year and next year. This year's map work will be highly anticipated for sure. More roads/cities/ICCs to discover, thej more the better for me. I'm not sure how much sleep I'll get once Texas and Montana releases but if I can pull off 4 hrs a night for the first weekend, I think I'll manage. I'm thinking take 2 days of pto for Texas and just 1 day of pto for Montana. California adds should come in the form of open beta.
supersobes
Global moderator

#2320 Post by supersobes » 23 Jan 2022 19:06

I definitely agree about Chicago. Getting ATS there will be really beneficial for a lot of things. Chicago is that heart of the nation's rail freight industry. There are also lots of warehousing and manufacturing places throughout Cook, DuPage, and Will counties. And of course, the road network. The Chicago metro area is a mixing bowl for a lot of major highways and Interstates. It also has my beloved Illinois Tollway. :D

And more on topic with Texas, I think Houston and Dallas/Fort Worth should give us a pretty decent idea of how SCS might pull off Chicago. These cities are pretty similar to Chicago in terms of layout where you have a dense urban core with freeways radiating out in the suburbs with industrial and commercial corridors lining them. This type of city layout is a bit different than the major cities that are currently in ATS, so I'm really looking forward to seeing in-game.

Return to “General discussion about the game”